Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The race for the top 5 has got hot with Raiders upset win against Wang.
I must admit I thought it was going to be Raiders and Dogs battling it out for 5th but that may have changed.
Dogs are sitting on equal points but have a big percentage advantage on Raiders which is like one game. If Dogs win the game between those 2 this week you can lock them into the finals because they'd have a game and percentage buffer and in the remaining 6 games would still have the 3 bottom sides to play. Raiders have already met one of the bottom 3 (North Albury) in the second round which means their remaining draw is tougher.
We will know more about Lavi after this weekend when they play Saints up in the hills. If the Saints win that one we could potentially have 4th to 7th level on points assuming that Yarra might beat Wang.
Wang also have the advantage of still having games against the bottom 3 remaining.
In other news Albury are still wrecking the comp.

Tom Whittlesea is expected to play this weekend, as is Ben Speight. Will be interesting to see how Michael Newton, Josh Porter and Whittlesea all function in the same forward line. Although, Whittlesea expressed his ability to play any key position necessary. Yarrawonga will still be favourites to win this game you would think, especially if Wangaratta bring the same effort as they did against Raiders. Now searching for fifth spot, and not the double chance.

I think the game will be close the wang forward line will cause headaches if their on
Connor Hargeaves is looming as a X factor in the mid field if they can get him to train he could do anything

I think the game will be close the wang forward line will cause headaches if their on
Connor Hargeaves is looming as a X factor in the mid field if they can get him to train he could do anything

It may be work commitments, but you need your guns training, only way the group will get better. Only my opinion. I know for a fact that Wangaratta only have 7-9 senior players training on any given night.

It may be work commitments, but you need your guns training, only way the group will get better. Only my opinion. I know for a fact that Wangaratta only have 7-9 senior players training on any given night.
I counted 11 out of the extended squad tonighy boss.. the melb contingent would have had your 7-9 training under the asstute eye of goat Douthie.
Ive been hesitant to pick Wang this year.. but i honestly smell a real mince up. Big pecker Newton might snag a bag after what seems like a form reversal on the training track tonight

Their key forwards are too good to be held every week. It's hard to see them not making finals still.

Does anyone give Corowa, North or Rovers a chance of causing an upset against one of the other 7 sides before the years out?

They didn't have Lawton last time, and have Svarc from VFL, and Jy Lane from Bushrangers. They also have O'donoghue & Lavis coming back from injury. Easily the best chance they will get this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I counted 11 out of the extended squad tonighy boss.. the melb contingent would have had your 7-9 training under the asstute eye of goat Douthie.
Ive been hesitant to pick Wang this year.. but i honestly smell a real mince up. Big pecker Newton might snag a bag after what seems like a form reversal on the training track tonight
Yeah training away from the main group and having set shots to then kick 3.6 or 3.7... good turnaround.

11 senior players, on a Thursday, and for the 'extended' squad isn't up to O&M level. Two years ago Wang had the whole Wangaratta based senior contingent on the training track and it was the best feeling and night i've had. Imagine that week in week out...

Im not having that son.... the majority of the locals show up every Thursday. If work comes knocking you have no choice but to clock on. Not all of us have the luxury of a creamy office job.

Try having an updated and open view on the football club Mac, might open your mind a bit. But then again your opinion is the only that matters and you've never been wrong...

Gald you have finally realized that.
But the truth is very few teams in this day and age can get the majory of lads on the park at the same time. Whether its work comitments, injury management or players living out of town, not realy an issue for you to get your knickers in such a knot over.

Gald you have finally realized that.
But the truth is very few teams in this day and age can get the majory of lads on the park at the same time. Whether its work comitments, injury management or players living out of town, not realy an issue for you to get your knickers in such a knot over.
Discussion began with 'star' players training. It is an issue. Surely you want everyone finely tuned ahead of important games?
Hargreaves, who was the player mentioned at the beginning of the topic, to me, looked unfit on Saturday.

How good were the Hall of Fame inductees!
Alot of legends that you hear soo many stories about growing up around O&M.
Forwards, backs, Netball and a legendary club stalwart covered. The league has realy hit the nail on the head this year, in my opinion this years inductees show alot of what is truely great about our competition. A pat on the back needs to be given to this years decision makers and ofcourse a round of applause to these greats who have shaped the game and thier clubs

So with Corowa not wanting to field a reserves team next year who will make up the shortfall in cash each club will experience for their home game against the Roos? The loss of income from not having the reserves players pay to come through the gate and less crowd also less food and drink sold yet the costs of that weekend will remain fairly similar. The payment to the 0&M for that round will drop probably from 4k to 3.5k yet all other payments stay the same as reserves players make bugger all if anything and the senior payments still need to be paid.
To me this seems to be of great benefit to one club at the expense of every other club in the competition. The other teams shouldn't have to take a financial hit so that Corowa can remain.
Just my opinion be interested to get others thoughts.

So with Corowa not wanting to field a reserves team next year who will make up the shortfall in cash each club will experience for their home game against the Roos? The loss of income from not having the reserves players pay to come through the gate and less crowd also less food and drink sold yet the costs of that weekend will remain fairly similar. The payment to the 0&M for that round will drop probably from 4k to 3.5k yet all other payments stay the same as reserves players make bugger all if anything and the senior payments still need to be paid.
To me this seems to be of great benefit to one club at the expense of every other club in the competition. The other teams shouldn't have to take a financial hit so that Corowa can remain.
Just my opinion be interested to get others thoughts.

They've forfeited games this year anyway. You could say this way is fairer as its even for everyone, with the teams they forfeited against missing out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back