Betstar Champions Cup Om season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
" Paying a membership and drinking 15 tins on a Saturday doesn't make you an expert on country footy. "

15 tins, This usually makes me the most knowledgeable person in country football Australia wide

I know for a fact my old mate gyv doesn't get near 15 cans on a Saturday, unless we are talking about pigeon club fundraisers and soft drink!!

It's unusual to be at round 14 and have no real big upsets to date. By upsets I mean one of the bottom 3 clubs claiming the scalp of one of the other 7. Normally there's always at least one. In the past few years I can remember Myrtleford on the bottom beating Albury, Rovers beating Raiders, Wodonga beating Yarra etc.
Can anyone see Corow, North or Rovers sneaking a win against one of the others before the season ends?
North have Lavi (h), Wang & Wodonga (h)
Corowa play Myrtleford (h), Wodonga, Raiders, Wang (h)
Rovers play Wodonga, Raiders (h), Myrtleford, Albury
I think the best chances are Rovers at home against Raiders North at home against the Dogs in round 18 especially if the Dogs finals chances are over by then.

It's unusual to be at round 14 and have no real big upsets to date. By upsets I mean one of the bottom 3 clubs claiming the scalp of one of the other 7. Normally there's always at least one. In the past few years I can remember Myrtleford on the bottom beating Albury, Rovers beating Raiders, Wodonga beating Yarra etc.
Can anyone see Corow, North or Rovers sneaking a win against one of the others before the season ends?
North have Lavi (h), Wang & Wodonga (h)
Corowa play Myrtleford (h), Wodonga, Raiders, Wang (h)
Rovers play Wodonga, Raiders (h), Myrtleford, Albury
I think the best chances are Rovers at home against Raiders North at home against the Dogs in round 18 especially if the Dogs finals chances are over by then.

Albury getting rolled earlier in the year has to be considered a big upset doesn't it?

Albury getting rolled earlier in the year has to be considered a big upset doesn't it?
Very true but I was particularly referring to the bottom 3 sides this year. Normally you can pray for a side like that to help shape the 5 but the his season so far none of those teams have had a win apart from against themselves.

Corowa had the Pies on toast till not having a bench caught up with them.. Think that was thier day to have an upset with the team they had on the park and the intensity they brought.
I agree Rovers vs Raiders during the split round is the big upset chance.
The league has become predictable but atleast the race for the top 3 is providing afew thrills.

Any investigations get launched this weekend? I'd be having a geez at Adam Priors punch on no.34 for Wang Magpies. Play was dead as it had just gone for a behind and the Maggies player bumped prior and big Adsy punched him square in the chin. It occurred at the 13:00 mark in the 2nd quarter.

I also hear that Dan Leslie had a field day at John Foord oval throwing punches and rumoured to have kicked a player in the face whilst he was on the ground. 3 investigations have been launched against him and he's been let off every time. Board needs to toughen up to say the least.

Last edited:
Any investigations get launched this weekend? I'd be having a geez at Adam Priors punch on no.34 for Wang Magpies. Play was dead as it had just gone for a behind and the Maggies player bumped prior and big Adsy punched him square in the chin. It occurred at the 13:00 mark in the 2nd quarter.

I also hear that Dan Leslie had a field day at John Foord oval throwing punches and rumoured to have kicked a player in the face whilst he was on the ground. 3 investigations have been launched against him and he's been let off every time. Board needs to toughen up to say the least.
When is the tribunal sitting?

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newton must have forgotten continuously punching Saker in the kidneys last week Poor Schultzy copped the karma for Undies a few years ago, Hyde and Joel recently. Luck had to run out at some stage. Tigers weren't able to play best side under points system anyway. Gives Kumar a spot in the GF. Thoughts on final 5? Tigers, Magpies, Yarra, Raiders and Wodonga on %

Anyone know who made the North Albury team at their reunion ball?
Newton must have forgotten continuously punching Saker in the kidneys last week Poor Schultzy copped the karma for Undies a few years ago, Hyde and Joel recently. Luck had to run out at some stage. Tigers weren't able to play best side under points system anyway. Gives Kumar a spot in the GF. Thoughts on final 5? Tigers, Magpies, Yarra, Raiders and Wodonga on %

Tigers , Yarra , wang, Lavy and raiders for mine

Anyone know who made the North Albury team at their reunion ball?

B: Eckhardt, Elliott, Robbie Murray
HB: Kenny, Hilton, Hodgson (C)
C: Piltz, Kirk, Bush
HF: McDonald, Leslie, McCormick
F: Maksymow, Prior, Kerr
RUCK: Trevaskis, Ryan, Lambert
INT: Eames, Maunder, Horn, Kade Brown

Coach- Ernest Whitehead

B: Eckhardt, Elliott, Robbie Murray
HB: Kenny, Hilton, Hodgson (C)
C: Piltz, Kirk, Bush
HF: McDonald, Leslie, McCormick
F: Maksymow, Prior, Kerr
RUCK: Trevaskis, Ryan, Lambert
INT: Eames, Maunder, Horn, Kade Brown

Coach- Ernest Whitehead

Thanks, looks like a great side what does everyone think?
I'm surprised by maskymow. Anyone stiff to miss out?

Thanks, looks like a great side what does everyone think?
I'm surprised by maskymow. Anyone stiff to miss out?
Maksymow is a jet. Leading goalkicker as a small forward and O&M rep. Didn't play many games but was super impressive in the ones he did play. Kane Godde a tad unlucky, and that bloke Akermanis was handy.

Frank L, perhaps you could help here!

Eckhardt, Elliott, Rob Murray
Kenny. Hilton. Hodgson
Piltz. Kirk. Mcdonald

Ash Eames, Trevaskis, maksymow, brad horn, mark bush, were others can't think of anyone else

Pretty spot on team I think. A lot of great players in there. Akermanis for mine probably the only really stiff one to miss out. You could make arguements for others as is always the case when teams like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back