Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesse Johnson off to Corowa, 4th club in 5 years I think

Was dropped from Thurgoona’steam in 2019 and more recently went missing after he was dropped from Howlong senior team.
German said he wanted good people, sorry Peter good people don’t crack the sh*ts if they don’t get a kick

he’ll be a 2s player at best

Was dropped from Thurgoona’steam in 2019 and more recently went missing after he was dropped from Howlong senior team.
German said he wanted good people, sorry Peter good people don’t crack the sh*ts if they don’t get a kick

he’ll be a 2s player at best
There was a story in the Border Mail last week on German and Corowa , can anyone put it up please , as behind paywall .

There was a story in the Border Mail last week on German and Corowa , can anyone put it up please , as behind paywall .
Coach Peter German can feel the tide turning at Corowa-Rutherglen.
Seven years since the Roos last played finals, a host of key names have already re-committed for 2022 in a bid to end that drought.
Tom Goodwin, Jason Marks, Charlie Nastasie and Jarred Lane were this week joined by exciting youngster Darcy Melksham on a growing list which also includes Matt Grantham, Kaelan Bradtke, Max Taylor, Mack Lavis and Ollie Struve.
"For us to keep improving, we had to keep what we had, especially the key players," German said.
"Sometimes the easy part is getting them through the door. You can promise a lot and say a lot but the players, especially over the first 12 months, get a feeling of the direction they can see the club going.
"Corowa's a unique place, a smaller town.
"The supporters, members and families want to win but it's probably never been the be-all and end-all.
"There's a big difference between survival mode, just getting a team together from year to year, and wanting to be a successful team.
"Part of what I'm trying to bring to the club, having been around the AFL and state leagues, is getting them to understand that mentality and how they've got to approach things.
"I'm talking about players, I'm talking about the board, I'm talking about pretty much everyone because they've been starved of being a consistent finals contender.
"This year was about putting the wheels into motion and that's why players are signing up early.
"We've had exit interviews and the players are really positive about how they see the club and where it's heading.
"We're pleased with what we've done so far and we're still doing a lot of work to get those other three or four players we believe are going to help us push for finals next year."
But that increased drive for success won't mean sacrificing the close-knit community atmosphere around John Foord Oval.
"We're talking to a lot of players, we know the type of player we need within our club and we're targeting that," German said.
"We're not just trying to reel in anyone, we're specifically trying to get the right type of player and the right type of person.
"We've done that right from the start.
"Since I've been at the club, that's been our most important prerequisite about who comes to our club or stays at our club.
"They've got to be the right type of person because we're such a small town and a small club that everyone knows each other and for us to survive, we've all got to be rowing in the same direction."
German knows time is of the essence when it comes to building his list.
"The board have got to be pro-active at this time of year," he said.
"If you sit back and wait until November or December before you start recruiting, it's pretty much too late.
"At this time of year, players are putting the feelers out so you just never know.
"Sometimes you think you might have a player and then a week later he turns around and says 'nah, I'm going somewhere else.'
"Players are getting smarter now. They hold their cards close to their chest but we're definitely out there."

Yeah agree JJ is well past his best. Bad trainer and lazy. Don't think he'll be driving an hour each way 2-3 nights a week for training. Hardly trained at Thurgoona lol

Coach Peter German can feel the tide turning at Corowa-Rutherglen.
Seven years since the Roos last played finals, a host of key names have already re-committed for 2022 in a bid to end that drought.
Tom Goodwin, Jason Marks, Charlie Nastasie and Jarred Lane were this week joined by exciting youngster Darcy Melksham on a growing list which also includes Matt Grantham, Kaelan Bradtke, Max Taylor, Mack Lavis and Ollie Struve.
"For us to keep improving, we had to keep what we had, especially the key players," German said.
"Sometimes the easy part is getting them through the door. You can promise a lot and say a lot but the players, especially over the first 12 months, get a feeling of the direction they can see the club going.
"Corowa's a unique place, a smaller town.
"The supporters, members and families want to win but it's probably never been the be-all and end-all.
"There's a big difference between survival mode, just getting a team together from year to year, and wanting to be a successful team.
"Part of what I'm trying to bring to the club, having been around the AFL and state leagues, is getting them to understand that mentality and how they've got to approach things.
"I'm talking about players, I'm talking about the board, I'm talking about pretty much everyone because they've been starved of being a consistent finals contender.
"This year was about putting the wheels into motion and that's why players are signing up early.
"We've had exit interviews and the players are really positive about how they see the club and where it's heading.
"We're pleased with what we've done so far and we're still doing a lot of work to get those other three or four players we believe are going to help us push for finals next year."
But that increased drive for success won't mean sacrificing the close-knit community atmosphere around John Foord Oval.
"We're talking to a lot of players, we know the type of player we need within our club and we're targeting that," German said.
"We're not just trying to reel in anyone, we're specifically trying to get the right type of player and the right type of person.
"We've done that right from the start.
"Since I've been at the club, that's been our most important prerequisite about who comes to our club or stays at our club.
"They've got to be the right type of person because we're such a small town and a small club that everyone knows each other and for us to survive, we've all got to be rowing in the same direction."
German knows time is of the essence when it comes to building his list.
"The board have got to be pro-active at this time of year," he said.
"If you sit back and wait until November or December before you start recruiting, it's pretty much too late.
"At this time of year, players are putting the feelers out so you just never know.
"Sometimes you think you might have a player and then a week later he turns around and says 'nah, I'm going somewhere else.'
"Players are getting smarter now. They hold their cards close to their chest but we're definitely out there."
Thanks for that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back