One on One : Jason Baldwin v John McCarthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice one Mobbs.........made me think hard but I go with J.Mc on the basis that he played in a key position and could actually go (when he wanted!!).

"In form" is probably the key to this, because when he was "in form", McCarthy was very good, as evidenced by his 7 goals 1 against Sydney in Round 5, 1993. He also beat Wayne Carey in another match, when he played at Centre Half Back. The problem was that, apart from his first season with the Roys, he was hardly ever "in form".

Yeah, got to go with JMac. I remember watching him in full flight for us, although those moments were all too rare...

JB. Always associate him with running off the press box side wing at Princes Park and getting centre clearances when we had a bit of a run-on. Much underrated player. Super Johnny, too patchy.

Both very different, McCarthy kind of a highest-level player with many troughs, JB a very skilled player, not a game-breaker though, with more consistency.

I picked JB as we are picking a player for a match, and there's more chance he can be relied upon to put in a performance.

Both very different, McCarthy kind of a highest-level player with many troughs, JB a very skilled player, not a game-breaker though, with more consistency.

I picked JB as we are picking a player for a match, and there's more chance he can be relied upon to put in a performance.

He also got a gig with me for his awesome square up on Carey after the Duck had decked Sartori.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back