One thing you want changed in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove nominating for the ruck.
Just penalise the 3rd up.

I've often wondered over the years, if penalising the 3rd player in when the ball is on the ground and becomes a ball up would free up congestion and keep the game moving with more 1 on 1 play.

17 game season alternating home and away each year
Hmm

What about 17 game season with alternating h an a - that determines the top 8

Then a five game season that determines the positions in the top 8

And the bottom teams play off for a pack of crisps - gives them a really good chance to seriously get games into youngsters.

Bring the bump back
Lose contact below the knees rule
Normal food and drink prices and full strength beer
Let cheer squads use the cut up and streamer stuff which added colour back in the day
Half time get the mini leaguers to kick footies into the crowd..kids love that stuff
free public transport
Make sure umpires umpire every game like they do Grand Finals and let it go and only pay the obvious
Give the majority of GF tickets to the members of the competing sides and not corporates
yes to all of the remainder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've hated Thursday night footy previously but got into it this year and missed it when it wasn't on last week. Id probably struggle to go to a game if Melbourne was playing but on tv it's good

As a country supporter, the absolute best feeling during the winter months is finishing a 4th day of work, finishing footy training in the cold, then knowing you are heading home to watch the footy. To top it off, you have the next day of work to dissect the game and brag about how well your Supercoach team has started. It's a shame I only get this feeling around 8 times a year .

Spend the money on good cameras for score review instead of the potatoes they currently use.

Get rid of contact below the knees being a free if the player diving in is going head first (from memory, the Rohan issue came up because Thomas slid in with his feet).

If a player from the opposition team stands within 5m of the player standing the mark, the free is turned over. I hate how the player standing the mark is basically shepherded by a player standing half a metre away.

If a player drags a loose ball in and pins it to the chest of an opposition player and then tackles them, the player dragging the ball in and pinning it gets paid holding the ball against them instead.

Piss the score review off or actually invest in the technology to make it worthwhile

+1. How hard can it be?

Clear up the deliberate rule. It's become the 'don't pass it out of bounds where there isn't a team-mate' rule. That's a long way from the original purpose. If not, change the name to the succinct one I've proposed.

Give umps discretion over when to pay the protected area rule.

End the argument about Good Friday footy by not playing Good Friday.

A three-year moratorium on stupid AFL ideas.

Remove the two extra interchange players that got added on in mid to late 1990's.
Remove that change I never wanted and would be one happy camper.
No interchange just 4 subs to use as you see fit.

Think I like your suggestion even better but if they did that, I would hope if reserves team playing next day if some sub guy played no more than 30% of senior game he should be able to play reserves game next day o keep match fitness up.

If a player from the opposition team stands within 5m of the player standing the mark, the free is turned over. I hate how the player standing the mark is basically shepherded by a player standing half a metre away.

Yes by ten thousand.
You can't be within ten meters or whatever of the guy with the ball yet they can stand right next to the guy on the mark. :drunk:

Hawthorn did this to the Tigers on Sunday everytime they kicked out of fullback and all over the field. Cyril and Pop are the worst offenders.

Full time professional umpires and 4 per game .

I guarantee when you have 4 umpires who can maintain position there will be much better sight of the play due to optimal angles and stationary eye plus by not running them into fatigue there will be less decisions made under physical strain or at full pace when a moving eye plays foul .

The investment of time by the whole department should be aimed at letting the game flow a little more . We just want consistency .
Mistakes we can live with ... agenda driven control of games by the whistle we can not

Also , would love to see every game umpired the same way ... no more changing week to week and then having completely different mind set come finals time . What other game is umpired one way during the season and then the opposite way in the finals .

Alot of games now you can justifiably say the umpires appear to be agenda driven in controlling the flow of the game ... and even result .

Some umpires and associates need investigating .

Just get it right AFL .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back