Only Connect - S29 SFA Edition (WEDNESDAY@8.30PM, DISCORD)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've actually driven a small steam engine at the National Railway Museum in Port Adelaide. Some years back they invited people to come and 'drive' the train (with help from staff obviously) for a short distance. You could choose a diesel or their little steam engine called 'Peronne'. My friend and I signed up for the steam engine of course, and the gentlemen were really surprised and happy to see two women doing it haha because everyone else had been men lol. We had such an awesome time!

'Peronne' is an 0-6-0 tank locomotive originally used for shunting at Port Pirie smelters from 1919.

Here's a couple of pics of me driving it - face blurred obviously lol and then a pic of me and my friend in front of the train, with the fireman in background. We kinda 'dressed up' for the part lol.

View attachment 913671View attachment 913673

View attachment 913676
You have very pale skin. Make sure you use the SPF 50+

NinjaSwan - definitely
I’m terrible at this game as shown by my “efforts” in that last challenge
Anyway , want to be teammates ? :)
Tbf I didn't actually play in S29 so that should even it out haha.

I think I like the Pommy panel shows coz it's not scripted so much, it's just the pure humour that comes from the tops of their heads which is so rich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I like the Pommy panel shows coz it's not scripted so much, it's just the pure humour that comes from the tops of their heads which is so rich

There was a controversy years and years back when they discovered some of the jokes were scripted which has led a little more to this :)

That's why I loved Aussie shows like Thank God You're Here. Comedians walk in to a set and know nothing about what is happening and it's all improv. Some of them were extremely good at it! Shaun Micallef was my favourite:

Quality of the video isn't great but the quality of the comedian IS :p

Must admit, I thought it was a bigger deal back then
“Scenes you’d like to see” is definitely scripted. There’s no way they can come up with everything on the spot. I also assume that it’s heavily edited, like HYBPA.

And agree that British panel shows are the best. And by far outdo anything Australia or the US have produced.

I’m expecting a joke at the start of the evening proceedings, similar to something Victorian Coren Mitchell would say.
Even if no one understands it.

I'll do my best, though I don't know her style, is it similar to her husbands 'rants'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back