FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

This is on Wikipedia:
"Just a few weeks into the season, Stewart quit the club, citing a heart attack. Speculation was rife that he had actually suffered a nervous breakdown, a view that was supported by the fact that he had been charged by the police (under the name of Ian Cervi) for exposing himself to daytime shoppers in Glen Huntly Road, Elsternwick, when parked opposite the Elsternwick Post Office, but it is certain that he quit before he was sacked. Certainly, Stewart was fit enough to resume as South Melbourne coach in 1979

Watched the Jacko and Capper ones in the past week. Capper was funny and Jacko was very hostile towards Mike Good stuff.

Watched the Jacko and Capper ones in the past week. Capper was funny and Jacko was very hostile towards Mike Good stuff.
I find Capper pretty entertaining in short doses . Its clearly an act he plays up but does it pretty well . Not so good for the serious chat though.
The 'air traffic control' gag is pretty good

Thought Jacko was just obnoxious on it , did enjoy watching Mike on the back foot and unsettled.

His guest this week is the Collingwood runner who caused the Yeo goal in the 2018 GF.

WTF? No one else worth interviewing?

Except the runner was an ex AFL player who was a high draft pick who had an injury addled career.

Except the runner was an ex AFL player who was a high draft pick who had an injury addled career.
Clearly never heard of Alex Woodward. That's on you.
I know who he is. He was drafted in the 50s, achieved bugger all and contributed bugger all. Injury affected, sure. But there are dozens, probably hundreds of ex players just like him. Alex Johnson had more knee recos but at least he played in a flag.
So my point remains; don't see why he warrants an episode, when there are so many other players I'd rather hear from.

I know who he is. He was drafted in the 50s, achieved bugger all and contributed bugger all. Injury affected, sure. But there are dozens, probably hundreds of ex players just like him. Alex Johnson had more knee recos but at least he played in a flag.
So my point remains; don't see why he warrants an episode, when there are so many other players I'd rather hear from.
Luckily the production of the show isn't centred around only interviewing people you think are interesting

Luckily the production of the show isn't centred around only interviewing people you think are interesting
You're defensive. Do you know him?
Can't be too many other reasons to want to hear from a bloke who played 2 games.
An interview with the Fox Footy janitor would be more interesting. At least they'd have good stories being surrounded by ex-players all day every day.

You're defensive. Do you know him?
Can't be too many other reasons to want to hear from a bloke who played 2 games.
An interview with the Fox Footy janitor would be more interesting. At least they'd have good stories being surrounded by ex-players all day every day.
Cool man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the show needs the guys who just run with micks prompting and go into a yarn

otherwise it just goes no where as mike just goes through a few questions and doesnt push much

ian stewart was good, saw jeasulinkos daughter saying he should keep trying for dad, that would be good

Watched the Ian Stewart one; like others have said one of the better episodes. Definitely helped by Mike & Ian being good friends.

And for once Sheahan asked some interesting questions with some follow ups. But he couldn't help himself on the topic of money; seemed mildly annoyed when Stewart didn't answer it the first time!

Alex Woodward.

Geez this bloke is cursed. 5 ACL reconstructions. Accidentally obstructs Stephenson in the 2018 Grand Final as a runner, which gives Yeo an easy mark who goals. Gets death threats on social media. Then is witness to the Burke st massacre when that 3 people were runover and killed.

I hope he doesnt buy lotto tickets.

Alex Woodward.

Geez this bloke is cursed. 5 ACL reconstructions. Accidentally obstructs Stephenson in the 2018 Grand Final as a runner, which gives Yeo an easy mark who goals. Gets death threats on social media. Then is witness to the Burke st massacre when that 3 people were runover and killed.

I hope he doesnt buy lotto tickets.

Taylor Adams has gotten away with that terrible decision and even worse kick. Stevo was never going to get there. Yet somehow Alex copped the blame, so many stupid people in the world.

think he's struggling to get good interviewees. the show is running out of steam, and quickly.
No doubt , but I thought last night was a good one .
May have lacked the 'stories' but hearing from someone who has done 5 acls gave a different perspective on the game.

I enjoyed it as a change up.

Mentioned on SMT Podcast that Bob Murphy might have knifed Sheahan by stealing guests for his 'Bob' series.
Bob had Fevola and I am pretty sure Sheahan hasn't had him on. You need to get good story tellers on to make this survive.
Spot on. And Boomer would have stories galore.

Coached by Pagan
Coached by Dean "The Bible" Laidley
Sacked by Scott
Breaking the games record
Last EJ Whitten medallist
The Carey scandal
The Irish trips
Boris the chicken
Pushing for North to draft his brother when they should have drafted Aaron Davey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back