FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1. I can't believe he got a week for wrestling
2. Plenty of blokes putting blokes in a headlock and wrestling. It's not like he threw a punch
3. Why would he apologise after Sumich said he would walk away. The things I've heard about Sumich and the way he treated younger players is disgusting

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
2. Plenty of blokes putting blokes in a headlock and wrestling. It's not like he threw a punch
3. Why would he apologise after Sumich said he would walk away. The things I've heard about Sumich and the way he treated younger players is disgusting

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I enjoyed it as well. He comes across as a pretty decent bloke.

I'm not sure your rumour about Sumo was a valid reason not to apologize 30 years ago though:rolleyes:

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Agree with 1.

Point 2 and 3 are absolute rubbish.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
You wonder how Southerns body holds up today.

Chips coming of his knee in the warm up. Not being able to walk up stairs. I wonder how mobile he is today
I hope he has had remedial surgery. Surgery is often wasted while playing footy as its only stop gap until the career is over. He did mention in his plaing days he had to sleep on the couch as the upstairs bed was too difficult t get too- the follow up question should have been '' and you're ok now or the same ?'

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Why don't they have guys who have just recently retired from football?

I think Nick Riewoldt would be an interesting subject, especially talking about the schoolgirl drama and also the "Maddy" game and what it was like to lose a sister.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

I think Nick Riewoldt would be an interesting subject, especially talking about the schoolgirl drama and also the "Maddy" game and what it was like to lose a sister.
Even current day players.
I don't know why he digs into history so far back.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Even current day players.
I don't know why he digs into history so far back.
Because there is so much on current day players already.

I am interested in the players from before. To see where they are and how they are getting on etc. Some have great stories to tell and little media training ;)

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I liked Maxwell. Speaks well and seems humble, you can just tell he's grateful for everything he's achieved given how he was constantly overlooked.
Even during their period of dominance where it was easy to dislike them because they're Collingwood, he always seemed like a decent, level headed bloke.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)

I might be biased, but surely it's time to get the games record holder on.
He'd have stories about being coached by Pagan, being the last EJ Whitten medallist, winning a flag, the Carey incident, breaking the games record, team of the century, international rules, etc. There isn't much he hasn't seen or done.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I might be biased, but surely it's time to get the games record holder on.
He'd have stories about being coached by Pagan, being the last EJ Whitten medallist, winning a flag, the Carey incident, breaking the games record, team of the century, international rules, etc. There isn't much he hasn't seen or done.

I think if you have listened to Mike talk about getting guests, he pretty much asks everyone. A lot of people don't want to do it.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I think if you have listened to Mike talk about getting guests, he pretty much asks everyone. A lot of people don't want to do it.
I don't see any reason why Boomer wouldn't do it if asked. It's not like he's never done interviews or is shy. Can only assume he hasn't been asked yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back