Oppo Camp Operation Pert

Operation Pert to Tigerland?

• Great idea TI and I would love to xxxx Ed and his beloved Pies over.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • No way TI and you're back on ignore for being disruptive.

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters

tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
Would rather this turkey, than Gary Purtey :D

88b336bf13743e917ed27a6eda9bdf08.jpg

After the resignation of Pert at Collingwood i was pondering on the notion of getting Pert to Tigerland.
As funny as some threads that have recently started I thought this would be more on a reality is type humor where we stick it into our declining as a club backstabbing neighbours. Pert and Balme go back a long way and with Pert's executive and business nous he could do a lot for gaining sponsorship and other areas of marketing as well as his football expertise. Also with Penny retiring from her Presidency position in the near future i see Gary as a perfect replacement.
Suggestions please?

1) Pert would want to be CEO, not club president

2) if pert was to be an unpaid president, it would be for a club he has life long ties with - not us

your question is should we sack gale for pert.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
1) Pert would want to be CEO, not club president

2) if pert was to be an unpaid president, it would be for a club he has life long ties with - not us

your question is should we sack gale for pert.
Not really as we could throw him into the business and sponsorship departments. Why would I asked a closed question that you're suggesting?it would be just a waste of time as Benny would be expected to hire someone at the expense of his job????
My question is should we lure him to pro in any capacity? President seat was just an example of one area where he could be useful.

Last edited:
Not really as we could throw him into the business and sponsorship departments. Why would I asked a closed question that you're suggesting?it would be just a waste of time as Benny would be expected to hire someone at the expense of his job????
My question is should we lure him to pro in any capacity? President seat was just an example of one area where he could be useful.

you dont go from being the ceo of the biggest sporting club in our nation, to the sponsorship manager of a mid tier afl club. even gm of commercial, its a massive demotion.

if you want pert, it has to be as ceo, which means sacking gale.

a closed question yes, but its the only realistic and feasible scenario

FWIW, I dont think he would want any job at richmond - we are beneath him in his view IMO

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
you dont go from being the ceo of the biggest sporting club in our nation, to the sponsorship manager of a mid tier afl club. even gm of commercial, its a massive demotion.

if you want pert, it has to be as ceo, which means sacking gale.

a closed question yes, but its the only realistic and feasible scenario

FWIW, I dont think he would want any job at richmond - we are beneath him in his view IMO
Crap again as he's asking to wind down in his career. Do you think if he takes an afl job he will be CEO ?

Crap again as he's asking to wind down in his career. Do you think if he takes an afl job he will be CEO ?

No, i think he will go back into media, as a ceo

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I detect ti is taking the pee, however he s no slouch at what he s done over the journey . Perhaps stayed 12-18m too long , their FD has been fraying at the edges , comings and goings haven't helped , as CEO it's all under his watch

TBH he d be a worthwhile recruit for the AFL in its commercial ops role , watch this space I'd say

I detect ti is taking the pee, however he s no slouch at what he s done over the journey . Perhaps stayed 12-18m too long , their FD has been fraying at the edges , comings and goings haven't helped , as CEO it's all under his watch

TBH he d be a worthwhile recruit for the AFL in its commercial ops role , watch this space I'd say

I heard hes has already ruled out the afl roles

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
The rfc has been a powerhouse in terms of support since the 1920s how we haven't been able to materialise that into formidable financial strength over the journey poses many Q.
I accept that we aren't in the business of delivering profits and returns to shareholders however if our peers are reporting mega million profits , why aren't we.

Whether pert could be an asset to the rfc is a moot point , the nub of it is we should be at the top end of clubs when it comes to PRofits as it means the club can invest in the best people to deliver results on field

Back