No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

"Can we all finally agree now that our midfield runs one way and Dylan Shiel is the worse defensive midfield runner in the game and has been for a long time. I mean there is only so many times i can say it. I wont even start on his soft ways and his inability to tackle."

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV
The greatest visual representation of our off season a couple years ago

"Can we all finally agree now that our midfield runs one way and Dylan Shiel is the worse defensive midfield runner in the game and has been for a long time. I mean there is only so many times i can say it. I wont even start on his soft ways and his inability to tackle."

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV

Can we all be thankful that Dylan preferred a latte rather than a jet ride.

look, negative media coverage has nothing nothing to do with * being s**t - media only write stuff about them because no-one else is as s**t as them:

Yeah, but it is also that there are so many nuffies in the media that need to find something to say and there probably isnt enough other stuff going on. Pies and Blues arent terrible for a change so cant pile onto them. Same with Hawks. No one cares about Kangas to keep writing about how bad they are and Melb media dont care about how bad Eagles, Port and Suns are. Or GWS. If GWS was a big Melb club, the media would be right into them. Ess still carries a stench from the saga and non Ess supporters like to read about how bad we are going. Without Eddie around to make stupid comments and if Kennett keeps his mouth shut for a week, it is really down to Essendon and umpiring.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

look, negative media coverage has nothing nothing to do with * being s**t - media only write stuff about them because no-one else is as s**t as them:

Yeah, but it is also that there are so many nuffies in the media that need to find something to say and there probably isnt enough other stuff going on. Pies and Blues arent terrible for a change so cant pile onto them. Same with Hawks. No one cares about Kangas to keep writing about how bad they are and Melb media dont care about how bad Eagles, Port and Suns are. Or GWS. If GWS was a big Melb club, the media would be right into them. Ess still carries a stench from the saga and non Ess supporters like to read about how bad we are going. Without Eddie around to make stupid comments and if Kennett keeps his mouth shut for a week, it is really down to Essendon and umpiring.

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF
Funny how if you live in VIC, the VIC media will focus on stories about the VIC teams, because that's what their VIC readers/listeners/watchers are interested in.
I doubt the WA media are talking about how good Dees are or how bad Essendon are. I doubt the QLD media are talking about Crows/Port.
The other funny thing, is that a lot of people get their media these days from social media. Even if you follow/like an official media page/account, the stories that pop up in your feed are guided by the algorithms that keep track of your viewing and search results. You won't necessarily see EVERY post from that media account and you'll get other articles popping up in your feed from accounts you don't follow that are based on other articles you've read or commented on. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You won't stop seeing articles about Essendon if you are fed local media or keep reading/commenting on stuff about Essendon.
I don't follow Fox Footy, SEN or 7AFL accounts, but I always get their stories popping up in my feed and I get a lot of Carlton content. What a surprise.

From the main board.

A port adelaide fan did not take kindly to an essendon supporter's idea of folding his club up:

I reckon Essendon, as one of the least successful clubs in Victoria and the AFL as a whole in the last 20 years, should be closed up and sent to the VFL. There are too many teams in Victoria anyway and with a history of doping programs, systemic cheating, a coach convicted of drug possession and charged with drug trafficking, plus the failure to win a final in the last 18 years, they should probably count themselves lucky they even remain in the competition at the moment.

from norf just after half-time:

fu** OFF NORTH, IM NOT WATCH THIS s**t AGAIN. WHY SHOULD I MAKE MYSELF SICK WATCHING THIS PATHETIC s**t. LIFE IS TOO SHORT.

norf mods might wanna re-think referring to the team that is smashing them by 10 goals before 3/4 time as "handbaggers".........

Last edited:
and:

Larkey can fu** off . Along with ziebul Zuhar Simpkin young Goldstein Xerri Turner Mahoney who have I missed. Ohhh sorry and David Noble along with his team can go a get f’ed . There’s no game plan . Just a pack of chickens running to where the wheat is .,

and:

Just off the top of my head.
HALF of the 22 playing today are first and second round picks.
EIGHT of them are first round picks.

I'm sick of this bullshit excuse that we don't have the talent, it's an absolute cop out.
We are hardly fielding a team made up of late speculative and rookie picks.
Is the solution just to keep drafting first rounders and change absolutely nothing else?

typical tiger supporter as things get tough:

"argh - ok im turning it off. Got in and got sucked in as i saw it was close, but i can't handle watching this s**t.
Hope we win, but not watching this crapola"

and these gems:

"we would be 10 goals up if we copped this umpiring"

"And now they blow out the margin so the corruption that got them here gets overlooked".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

typical tiger supporter as things get tough:

"argh - ok im turning it off. Got in and got sucked in as i saw it was close, but i can't handle watching this s**t.
Hope we win, but not watching this crapola"

and these gems:

"we would be 10 goals up if we copped this umpiring"

"And now they blow out the margin so the corruption that got them here gets overlooked".
Love it, Melbourne with almost triple the scoring shots yet its just some umpiring decisions here and there that's the difference.... 😂

they actually believe this stuff:

"Umps have broken us mentally imo. Reckon our players always expect a free against at every contest so they play like they have no confidence".

Umps have broken us mentally! Oh, I can't breath..........

and:

Larkey can fu** off . Along with ziebul Zuhar Simpkin young Goldstein Xerri Turner Mahoney who have I missed. Ohhh sorry and David Noble along with his team can go a get f’ed . There’s no game plan . Just a pack of chickens running to where the wheat is .,
It's always a good idea to get rid of most of your better players and the young promising ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back