Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind Wes Matthews, I'm with you - if we can get DSJ then bring him in. I could see something like TRoss (expiring) + JSims (1 year, $1mil guaranteed) for DSJ and Matthews straight up, no picks involved. Dallas clears salary, we upgrade current playing stocks. Win win.

DSJ (DJ)
Matthews (Fournier)
JI (Iwundu)
AG (Martin)
Vuc (Bamba)

Matthews is better than Fournier I agree, can't see Ev moving to a 6 man role though, he has had everything handed to him on a platter at Orlando.

Matthews is better than Fournier I agree, can't see Ev moving to a 6 man role though, he has had everything handed to him on a platter at Orlando.
I'd happily see him traded then to be honest. He doesn't play a team game, forces too many bad shots and would be in the bottom 5 starting SG's in the league right now.

I can promise you Dallas won't accept that.

Some Mavs media types have proposed a deal centred around Wes and DSJ for Gordon.

AG is a better overall player than both of those guys put together, not only that but Matthews is a rental so no chance of that deal happening. How can Dallas demand a premium for a guy they have basically alienated out of the starting 5 and basically the squad?

I’m not against listening to deals for AG but they have to be right, DSJ and Matthews (rental) are not sufficient.

AG is a better overall player than both of those guys put together, not only that but Matthews is a rental so no chance of that deal happening. How can Dallas demand a premium for a guy they have basically alienated out of the starting 5 and basically the squad?

I’m not against listening to deals for AG but they have to be right, DSJ and Matthews (rental) are not sufficient.

I think the Dallas sell would be that Smith is PG which you need, and he's a project. With Bamba and Isaac, you've got time.

And the Matthews expiring would be attractive to get out of the Gordon contract. If in fact the Magic do want out, if they plant to pump time into Isaac and Bamba.

I think the Dallas sell would be that Smith is PG which you need, and he's a project. With Bamba and Isaac, you've got time.

And the Matthews expiring would be attractive to get out of the Gordon contract. If in fact the Magic do want out, if they plant to pump time into Isaac and Bamba.

I think JI is a natural stretch 4, I also think he has a ceiling that may be higher than AG and that’s the only reason id listen to offers for AG. DSJ and Matthews is not getting it done though, we all know that, it’s more likely T-Ross will be asked about it.

So, regarding DSJ I've read so far:

- DSJ likes a post about Orlando and Phoenix being interested in trading for him
- Phoenix is not interested according to an Arizona sports reporter
- Orlando has made an offer on DSJ & other Mavs players, the Mavs are ready to accept it.
- The Mavs want either Bamba or Fournier
- The Mavs now would rather reconcile with DSJ
- DSJ still wants out
- Source now says DSJ is "definitely" on the move but Orlando is now out of the race

Since seemingly Orlando and Phoenix are ruled out it looks like he'll end up as a backup PG somewhere and the Mavs will get next to nothing in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- DSJ likes a post about Orlando and Phoenix being interested in trading for him
- Orlando has made an offer on DSJ & other Mavs players, the Mavs are ready to accept it.
- DSJ still wants out
- Source now says DSJ is "definitely" on the move but Orlando is now out of the race

Since seemingly Orlando and Phoenix are ruled out it looks like he'll end up as a backup PG somewhere and the Mavs will get next to nothing in return.
Good summary.

No offense, but if he can only bring in Terrence Ross, hold on to him and try to build his value.

- DSJ still wants out

Give them Fournier and a protected 1st round pick and we take DSJ and Matthews, that’s fair.

Give them Fournier and a protected 1st round pick and we take DSJ and Matthews, that’s fair.
I'd be happy with that as Matthews is on the last year of his contract but I couldn't see the Mavs going for it.

Also that Brooklyn game, yuck. We're going to set the record for most double digit leads blown in a season surely?

That’s what happens when we don’t have a closer, also DJ was getting murdered, he is so bad defensively, just gets monstered.

I'd be happy with that as Matthews is on the last year of his contract but I couldn't see the Mavs going for it.

In effect it’s a salary dump and DSJ for Fournier and a protector first rounder.. DSJ is no guarantee to put up better numbers than EV and we do Dallas a favour by taking on Matthews.

If this management had any idea in the world we would be going into sell mode, I think they have done the right thing up until this point to give this group a chance of making playoffs however that ship has sailed.

Multiple reputable news sources all state Vuc is the most valuable asset on the market (AD staying), with his big numbers, expiring contract and ability to be a huge difference maker for a contender we should be cashing in, same with Ross. This group isn’t the long term solution, we aren’t making playoffs and headed towards the lottery so it’s vital we make the right moves.

What’s everyone’s thoughts? Are we selling?

If this management had any idea in the world we would be going into sell mode, I think they have done the right thing up until this point to give this group a chance of making playoffs however that ship has sailed.

Multiple reputable news sources all state Vuc is the most valuable asset on the market (AD staying), with his big numbers, expiring contract and ability to be a huge difference maker for a contender we should be cashing in, same with Ross. This group isn’t the long term solution, we aren’t making playoffs and headed towards the lottery so it’s vital we make the right moves.

What’s everyone’s thoughts? Are we selling?
I'm with you, the last 2-3 weeks have shown we aren't quite up to making the playoffs. Ross and Vuc have a fair amount of value at the moment and Vuc is heading for a max contract which we won't be providing. I'd be very keen to see us move them for some long term assets but the current management seems to want to sit on their hands and back the current group in.

Also for those playing at home Dallas have taken DSJ off the table, under the guise of 'reconciliation' between coach and player (AKA we didn't get an offer that pleased us) so hopefully that means we'll target Russell either now or at least in Free Agency.

I'm with you, the last 2-3 weeks have shown we aren't quite up to making the playoffs. Ross and Vuc have a fair amount of value at the moment and Vuc is heading for a max contract which we won't be providing. I'd be very keen to see us move them for some long term assets but the current management seems to want to sit on their hands and back the current group in.

Also for those playing at home Dallas have taken DSJ off the table, under the guise of 'reconciliation' between coach and player (AKA we didn't get an offer that pleased us) so hopefully that means we'll target Russell either now or at least in Free Agency.

Rick Carlisle’s interview about the DSJ saga was comedic, without flatly saying we tried to trade him, he basically said exactly that.. “Business stuff” apparently is why DSJ hasn’t been with the team, OK

https://hoopshype.com/2019/01/24/nba-trade-rumors-mike-conley-magic-pacers-mavericks-jazz/

Interesting read, the Grizz want to blow up their team. The article proposes a trade of:

Conley for Isaac, DJ, Mozgov and a top 5 protected first rounder.

I'd do it.

Was just coming on here to say we should try and do a deal for Conley. Very good player and would be a great fit for us and is under contract for another 3 years i believe. Would propel us to playoff seed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back