Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Herzonja is a vastly improved player, defence however was never a strong point. Markkenen basically unchecked today

Offence has never been his problem, the problem has been not being trusted on the defensive end which limited his minutes. If he plays he will score, but he needs to play. Probably the best we can expect is a Gallinari type of player, an absolute liability as a defender but can knock down shots and get to the rim off the dribble, it's a double edged sword unfortunately.

A recap of our last few years moves:

IN: Jennings & Ilyasova OUT: Tobias Harris

IN: Serge Ibaka OUT: Oladipo, Ilyasova, draft rights to Sabonis (keep in mind Oladipo and Sabonis’ worth here traded for Paul George)

IN: Cash OUT: Shabazz Napier

IN: Terence Ross & 1st Rd Pick OUT: Serge Ibaka

(Proceeded to draft Jonathan Isaac at pick 6 and Anzejs Pasecniks at pick 25. Markkanen, Dennis Smith Jnr and Donovan Mitchell all taken after Isaac).

IN: 2nd round pick OUT: Elfrid Payton

Recap:
Despite management making these moves “to make playoffs” we currently have a record of 18-39.

We somehow turned Tobias Harris, Oladipo, draft rights to Sabonis, Shabazz Napier, and Elfrid Payton

into:

Jennings (went to FA), cash, Terrence Ross, a 1st Rd Pick & a 2nd round pick.

LORD HAVE MERCY!

Shame Terrence did his knee, would've liked to have seen what he could do with a full season with us under his belt. Hos defense was was a strong point before going down with the injury and he was just finding his shot again. Hopefully it doesn't set him way back , i think he could be a solid sixth man next year.

Shame Terrence did his knee, would've liked to have seen what he could do with a full season with us under his belt. Hos defense was was a strong point before going down with the injury and he was just finding his shot again. Hopefully it doesn't set him way back , i think he could be a solid sixth man next year.

Ross is a donut.

Pack the team up and move them somewhere as a new franchise and just get a haul of concessions. Please.
I've read a few articles regarding the DeVos family and there is a very good chance that they'll sell the team when Rich dies. He's 91 so that could be sooner rather than later. The only thing that might stop a new ownership group relocating the team would be the fact that the Amway centre is still quite new.

I personally wouldn't care, the ownership has continually screwed the team over the years which is why they've never seen the ultimate success despite some incredibly lucky lottery results.

- Shaq not being offered a max deal
- Penny's injury rehab
- T-mac not being offered a max deal
- Letting both DH and SVG go at the same time rather than just one
- Every single trade made post the DH era.

I've read a few articles regarding the DeVos family and there is a very good chance that they'll sell the team when Rich dies. He's 91 so that could be sooner rather than later. The only thing that might stop a new ownership group relocating the team would be the fact that the Amway centre is still quite new.

I personally wouldn't care, the ownership has continually screwed the team over the years which is why they've never seen the ultimate success despite some incredibly lucky lottery results.

- Penny's injury rehab
Grant Hill too.

Where could we realistically go in the East though? Orlando is a sizeable market, but to keep the conferences balanced, it would need to stay on the right side of the country. Can only think maybe going further south to Mexico City might work in terms of expansion (plus Mexico City Magic has a nice ring to it). Baltimore? something else. I dunno.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea. I think they still own the history/titles from the SS though.

I suppose it's the same as the Charlotte hornets, who became the new Orleans hornets then NO pelicans, then the Charlotte bobcats came into the league then changed its name to the hornets even though they have no connection to the original hornets.

So I didn't think it was possible but we may end up getting the number 1 pick, if we do, do we pick up Deandre Ayton? Orlando has loved the big athletic dominate centre, and Ayton is the closest thing to dwight and Shaq come through the system in recent years.
Would be fantastic to pair Ayton and Gordon together.
Only thing is we would risk becoming the pelicans, dominate front court with no back court and the centre position is a position we have plenty of flawed depth in.

Isaacs has awesome length, could be our best defender already.
After a could of wins the Deandre Ayton ship is sailing, so back on the Trae Young train.
If not him then I wouldn't be against throwing reasonable money at Isiah Thomas, let him iso run the offence.
I just want to stay relevant.

Isaacs has awesome length, could be our best defender already.
After a could of wins the Deandre Ayton ship is sailing, so back on the Trae Young train.
If not him then I wouldn't be against throwing reasonable money at Isiah Thomas, let him iso run the offence.
I just want to stay relevant.
Yeah I'd love Isiah to come to us. Very likeable, and he'd have a whole team to run with AG. Could form a pretty good combo ala Penny/Shaq

Yeah I'd love Isiah to come to us. Very likeable, and he'd have a whole team to run with AG. Could form a pretty good combo ala Penny/Shaq

From all reports IT just wants a home and to be paid. Doesn't seem to care about chips or brand.
I think Orlando can offer him this.

- Penny's injury rehab
T-Mac still had 3 years left on his contract when they traded him.

So from a list management point of view we have 5 centres and 3 power forwards. Not a very balanced roster.

Unfortunately I think the rebuild is just beginning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back