Orlando Magic Supporter Clan -feat. the memories of Serge Ibaka)

Wojcinski

If your dad has no beard, you've got two mums
Aug 14, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Vuc out for a month, AG maybe only 1 or 2 games. Tough going offensively without Vuc but I’m keen to see JI play that stretch 4 spot on offence, his stroke is so smooth and his post moves back to the basket have improved a lot.

Birch
JI
Aminu
Fournier
Fultz

Ross
DJ
Bamba
Iwandu
Jefferson

On another note, how shit is Bamba? Seriously the guy has regressed horribly, Boucher absolutely torched him on both ends of the floor. Patience running thin with him, he is a lottery pick in his 2nd season playing like he is still a freshman in college.
God help our second unit. No defence there at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blackas87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2011
Kwan-li-so
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando magic
Vuc out for a month, AG maybe only 1 or 2 games. Tough going offensively without Vuc but I’m keen to see JI play that stretch 4 spot on offence, his stroke is so smooth and his post moves back to the basket have improved a lot.

Birch
JI
Aminu
Fournier
Fultz

Ross
DJ
Bamba
Iwandu
Jefferson

On another note, how shit is Bamba? Seriously the guy has regressed horribly, Boucher absolutely torched him on both ends of the floor. Patience running thin with him, he is a lottery pick in his 2nd season playing like he is still a freshman in college.
With Vooch out for a month it’s time for Bamba to show something. He’s talked himself up, he says he’s got the Mamba mentality, he says he’s got the cheat sheet off Joel Embiid. Time to stop all the talking and start proving he was worth a top pick

tige19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2003
Mar-a-lago
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NUFC, Orlando, Packers, Trump
With Vooch out for a month it’s time for Bamba to show something. He’s talked himself up, he says he’s got the Mamba mentality, he says he’s got the cheat sheet off Joel Embiid. Time to stop all the talking and start proving he was worth a top pick
Coach Clifford has no faith in him man

tige19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2003
Mar-a-lago
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
None for right now. He was always a project player. He has 4 weeks to keep his spot. Otherwise if we want to make it to the playoffs Vucevic backed up by Birch and Bamba to the G league.
Playing ok atm... Seems a bit more free in his play without Vuc coming in for him every 3 mins.

13 min - 6p, 6r, 1b

JI our best, but overall we look rubbish

tige19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2003
Mar-a-lago
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
We desperately need a closer.. JI was elite as the stretch 4, we should be trading AG in my view and running with JI as the 4.. AG would have a high value on the open market as well, a real opportunity to cash in as well as promoting one of our best young talents to a go to guy on offence.

Wojcinski

Aug 14, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
We desperately need a closer.. JI was elite as the stretch 4, we should be trading AG in my view and running with JI as the 4.. AG would have a high value on the open market as well, a real opportunity to cash in as well as promoting one of our best young talents to a go to guy on offence.
I'm with you, JI is gaining confidence all the time. AG just isn't doing it for us and he has a very team friendly contract

Blackas87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2011
Kwan-li-so
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando magic
J.I looked a star today. Keen to see how he looks the next few games before Gordon returns. Fultz looked good and Bamba actually look at least NBA standard.

Saw a trade suggestion, Gordon and Fournier to Chicago for Lavine and Otto Porter.

Line up.

Vucevic - Bamba
Issac - Aminu
Porter - Ross (Okeke)
Lavine - Ross
Fultz - Augustine

Last edited:

tige19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2003
Mar-a-lago
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
J.I looked a star today. Keen to see how he looks the next few games before Gordon returns. Fultz looked good and Bamba actually look at least NBA standard.

Saw a trade suggestion, Gordon and Fournier to Chicago for Lavine and Otto Porter.

Line up.

Vucevic - Bamba
Issac - Aminu
Porter - Ross (Okeke)
Lavine - Ross
Fultz - Augustine
Bloody hell, sign me up... Can’t see that happening, weighted in our favour.. The Bulls may be super keen to move Otto porters contract on and the only way they do that is by giving up a stud piece, and to be fair that Bulls team is being built around Markkanen/Carter and White (who was mammoth today).

tige19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2003
Mar-a-lago
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I'm with you, JI is gaining confidence all the time. AG just isn't doing it for us and he has a very team friendly contract
Yeah man, I’ve been saying since the day we drafted JI that he needs to play that stretch 4 position, he played it at Florida and it made him a lottery pick. AG coming back just stunts his development, I’d be really keen to see us being really active in shopping AG.

Blackas87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2011
Kwan-li-so
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando magic
Bloody hell, sign me up... Can’t see that happening, weighted in our favour.. The Bulls may be super keen to move Otto porters contract on and the only way they do that is by giving up a stud piece, and to be fair that Bulls team is being built around Markkanen/Carter and White (who was mammoth today).
The salary doesn’t really matter. They have to match in a trade, (Orlando would actually receive $350000k too much in that trade, more players would need to be involved), but both Porter and Fournier are free agents after next season and both teams will be able to shed salary. Orlando will already be over the cap this coming offseason, we won’t be signing any free agents, taking on Porter’s contract for one season isn’t going to change anything for us really.

A strait swap of Gordon and Lavine matches salary wise. Don’t need Porter and Fournier in the deal. Chicago will have you many front court players though.

Chicago shopped Lavine around at the deadline last season, Zach was benched against a Miami and Zach comes out and basically says trust has been lost between him and the coach (Boylen). Zach seems like a getable option at this stage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tige19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2003
Mar-a-lago
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The salary doesn’t really matter. They have to match in a trade, (Orlando would actually receive $350000k too much in that trade, more players would need to be involved), but both Porter and Fournier are free agents after next season and both teams will be able to shed salary. Orlando will already be over the cap this coming offseason, we won’t be signing any free agents, taking on Porter’s contract for one season isn’t going to change anything for us really.

A strait swap of Gordon and Lavine matches salary wise. Don’t need Porter and Fournier in the deal. Chicago will have you many front court players though.

Chicago shopped Lavine around at the deadline last season, Zach was benched against a Miami and Zach comes out and basically says trust has been lost between him and the coach (Boylen). Zach seems like a getable option at this stage
Otto doesn’t provide any value for his contract, we basically take on an average 3 and D guy almost at a max salary.. Fournier the better player. Can’t see them wanting AG tbh.

Wojcinski

Aug 14, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably need to keep making moves to make JI and Fultz a 1-2 combo for the next few years and surround them with support.
Trades don't really get going until Dec 15th when guys who signed as FA's can be traded, but I do agree, I'm losing faith in AG and I'd love to see us move him and Fournier for a really good wing

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I'm firmly in the keep bamba camp, there's no value in trading him.
If I could move vucevic for derozan I'd be thrilled even if derozan left via free agency at least 30mil in cap is freed up

Wojcinski

Aug 14, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
We can't trade Vuc this season as he signed a new deal.

I agree re: Bamba. He has no currency right now, like everyone I hope he can continue to develop and improve and become a solid 10/15/3 type centre who crushes it on defence.

Right now the players we should be looking to move are AG, Vuc and Fournier. That would pretty much gut our current core but open spots up for some other guys plus whoever we bring in. A soft reset, to build around JI, Fultz and Bamba should be the way forward.

I'd like to see us possibly package up DJ & Fournier (plus maybe some picks) for DeMar and then look at what we can get for AG.

Something like this (plus picks either way for adjustments), which would give us the ability to reset if these high $$ guys don't work out:

Both guys have player options for the second year of their contracts and both teams we're trading with gain cap room, with Chicago would ideally be giving us picks in this trade which would probably be used in the DeMar trade.

1574817899928.png

PG: Fultz
SG: DeRozan
SF: Porter Jr
PF: Isaac
C: Vucevic

Opens up PF for JI, gets us a 3 & D guy in Porter and a decent point generating type in DeRozan. It also gives us players who play well off the ball meaning Markelle will get more touches and more chances to do stuff on the court without Fournier hogging a lot of the touches.

Blackas87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2011
Kwan-li-so
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando magic
We have the worst offence in the league, worst 3 point % in the league and we want to trade out Fournier, our best shooter who is having a good season for DeRozan who hasn’t made a 3 all season. Our spacing which is already terrible would be even worse.

I agree long term we should be building around Bamba, Issac and Fultz.

Vucevic, Gordon, Fournier and Ross who all have long term contracts, could all eventually be traded out for long term players to play alongside our young 3 core players. We should not be trading them out for 30 year olds that are out of contract. It’s throwing assets away.

Russell, McCollum, Lavine are player we should be targeting this year. But with our senior core players contracted we aren’t desperate to get a deal done this year.

Gordon and Ross for D.Russell is one I think we should target this year, but with Golden State having injuries to their guards, and not contending this season I’m not sure they’ll trade him until the end of the season.

Vucevic will be much easier to trade in a few years when his contract comes down.

Top Bottom