Player Watch Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

The buzz is certainly helped by Brad Johnson and the rest of fox footy saying how Johnson would have taken him at number 1

I think people are starting to notice this guy, probably none more than the AFC.

I could find justification for the other teams NOT to pick up Allen earlier, but not Adelaide.

I know you guys like to rag on the Crows, but decision made sense at the time.

Fogarty a highly rated local talent, and was taller than Allen. Allen had a late growth spurt and made it to 194cm, before that there was questions if he was going to be too small at the next level to be KPP.

I think people are starting to notice this guy, probably none more than the AFC.

I could find justification for the other teams NOT to pick up Allen earlier, but not Adelaide.

He was projected generally from 11-15 in the draft and went at 21 - plenty had him going to the Eagles at 13 but they went for Brander instead and jumped at Allen for the next pick. I think the original plan was probably Brander - Kelly - Ryan but they ended up having Allen in that 10-15 frame with Brander and couldn’t pass him up when he fell in the draft.

I know you guys like to rag on the Crows, but decision made sense at the time.

Fogarty a highly rated local talent, and was taller than Allen. Allen had a late growth spurt and made it to 194cm, before that there was questions if he was going to be too small at the next level to be KPP.
Not the case here. I didn't know that draft well so I went back and looked it over, and all the other teams in that zone didn't have a need for Allen

Comparable to Naughton for us as other threads have done to death.

Oscar Allen is a damn special player with a special future. I was hoping with JK nearing the end that we’d wave goodbye to Eagles forwards giving the dogs a bath but it looks like this succession plan is going along seamlessly.

He was also very classy in his post match last night. Something to the effect of “Best sporting club in the world with the best fans in the world”. Good luck poaching a bloke that invested.

Oscar Allen is a damn special player with a special future. I was hoping with JK nearing the end that we’d wave goodbye to Eagles forwards giving the dogs a bath but it looks like this succession plan is going along seamlessly.

He was also very classy in his post match last night. Something to the effect of “Best sporting club in the world with the best fans in the world”. Good luck poaching a bloke that invested.

Eagles will not lose Oscar.

He was an Eagles fan growing up, plenty of $$$ and extras at the Eagles for him for the next 10 years.

Some big names and $$$ retiring in the next 3 years. Shuey, Hurn, JK and Nic.:'(:huh::eek:

Naughton is a explosive beast. I was watching him and he is built solid and cut, bigger than 90% out there. When he is moving he is almost unstoppable. #1 ranked for me.

Naughton could play any position on the ground. Feel he is in front of Oscar but not that far in front. Maybe Oscar shades him on the clutch pressure shots on goal accuracy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton is a explosive beast. I was watching him and he is built solid and cut, bigger than 90% out there. When he is moving he is almost unstoppable. #1 ranked for me.

Naughton could play any position on the ground. Feel he is in front of Oscar but not that far in front. Maybe Oscar shades him on the clutch pressure shots on goal accuracy.
I might be way off the mark here but the only reason I personally don't compare them is I rate Allen as a full forward and Naughton as a centre half forward. Them two in the same team though.. (Don't get any ideas. I'm well aware Naughton is a WA boy and I'd be well cross if he left)

I might be way off the mark here but the only reason I personally don't compare them is I rate Allen as a full forward and Naughton as a centre half forward. Them two in the same team though.. (Don't get any ideas. I'm well aware Naughton is a WA boy and I'd be well cross if he left)

Think you are pretty safe, from the Eagles.

Now Freo. They should be throwing massive offers to Naughton and Georgiades at Port. Exact player types they have benn desperate for since...?....forever..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back