Ovens & King football 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow wang but get to as many dogs games I can considering half our x players end up there.. And as for finishing 7th if you end up finishing top 5 this year I’ll gladly eat my words but from a recruiting point of view you seem to be off the mark when most clubs are having a good off season in that department.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I guess we will have to wait and see. I don’t see too many teams above us making huge progress, it could be said that Benalla, Glenrowan & Milawa will be the same or slightly weaker than last year. KV have recruited well to help their depth and its yet to be seen if Brights gains outweigh their losses from last year.

The teams below Greta have recruited well but are coming from further back than we are.

All in all I think we will see more even games week to week this year versus the last few years. Whether we win or lose those close ones remains to be seen.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I don’t see too many teams above us making huge progress, it could be said that Benalla, Glenrowan & Milawa will be the same or slightly weaker than last year. KV have recruited well to help their depth and its yet to be seen if Brights gains outweigh their losses from last year.

The teams below Greta have recruited well but are coming from further back than we are.

All in all I think we will see more even games week to week this year versus the last few years. Whether we win or lose those close ones remains to be seen.

How can milawa not improve with 5 or 6 new additions and only a few losses? Benalla and Glenrowan will drop away but see Milawa doing so.

This is a well thought response NBM.
Games are going to be closer.
Battle for top four and for sixth is going to make for an exciting season!

This is a well thought response NBM.
Games are going to be closer.
Battle for top four and for sixth is going to make for an exciting season!

Thanks Curry.
How can milawa not improve with 5 or 6 new additions and only a few losses? Benalla and Glenrowan will drop away but see Milawa doing so.

I didn’t necessarily mean Milawa are going to drop out of the 6, I just don’t think they will improve on last year.

Petts in - Athanitis out, don’t underestimate the non playing coaches influence last season.

McClounan 94 goals out - Hughes in, obviously a gun but how many games he is going to Play will determine if he outweighs McClounan’s contribution last year.

Wyatt out- Aidan Bihun in
Lewis out - Dan Bihun in
Potter the other addition that I knkw about.

obviously being top 2 over the last few seasons means they don’t need to improve dramatically but as I said I don’t think they will be a better team than last year despite the fact they are and should be premiership favourites.

The rest of the comp has just evened out. For the better

Thanks Curry.

I didn’t necessarily mean Milawa are going to drop out of the 6, I just don’t think they will improve on last year.

Petts in - Athanitis out, don’t underestimate the non playing coaches influence last season.

McClounan 94 goals out - Hughes in, obviously a gun but how many games he is going to Play will determine if he outweighs McClounan’s contribution last year.

Lewis out - Dan Bihun in

obviously being top 2 over the last few seasons means they don’t need to improve dramatically but as I said I don’t think they will be a better team than last year despite the fact they are and should be premiership favourites.

Yes it all depends on Hughes and how many games he's played, Is he going to give up his career as a model in Europe to play footy for nothing in Milawa

Thanks Curry.

Lewis out - Dan Bihun in

Let’s hope you’ll eat your words just like I said I would if you are wrong mate.

Also Lewis our Dan bihun in..
guessing you mean Daniel Lewis.?
I think he will still play seniors this year.

I have also heard of another gain for Milawa.
One of the reserves players cousin from the GV league.
He won’t dominate but he will certainly play an important role week in week out.

Maybe you should spend less time thinking about the top teams and worry about your own team making the top 5.

Would I be wrong to say if the one team everyone is anxious to see round one would be North Wang.?

They could beat a team by 40 odd points
Or loose by 40 odd points

With a new fresh list who knows what will happen!
All I know is that it’s very pleasing to see a club finally on the up. Even without winning many games, still good to see them back out on the home ground.

Would I be wrong to say if the one team everyone is anxious to see round one would be North Wang.?

They could beat a team by 40 odd points
Or loose by 40 odd points

With a new fresh list who knows what will happen!
All I know is that it’s very pleasing to see a club finally on the up. Even without winning many games, still good to see them back out on the home ground.

From what i saw of their training last night, numbers looked pretty thin. I could be wrong though

Let’s hope you’ll eat your words just like I said I would if you are wrong mate.

Also Lewis our Dan bihun in..
guessing you mean Daniel Lewis.?
I think he will still play seniors this year.

I have also heard of another gain for Milawa.
One of the reserves players cousin from the GV league.
He won’t dominate but he will certainly play an important role week in week out.

Maybe you should spend less time thinking about the top teams and worry about your own team making the top 5.

I’m only going by what I heard and that was that Dan Lewis was not likely to play, however if I’m wrong I’d be happy to admit it. No doubt you will remind me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GIF I reckon we could see a few whispering jack type setups at Milawa this year especially with the sniff of a flag deep in the nostrils! I hope they get it done this year for their sake, 2 years of utensil ups in a row would really take the morale down a notch or 2. Is Lewis playing or not? Can you shed any light there Curry?

Still no news out of the Glenrowan camp?

GIF I reckon we could see a few whispering jack type setups at Milawa this year especially with the sniff of a flag deep in the nostrils! I hope they get it done this year for their sake, 2 years of utensil ups in a row would really take the morale down a notch or 2. Is Lewis playing or not? Can you shed any light there Curry?

Hansted Confirmed to play

Credit where it is due; Tarra outplayed Milawa in that granny. I don't think i am out of line in saying that.
I also reckon Lewis will play. He is training.

I’m keen to. Only for the fact that everyone is rating them very highly. And why I have no idea.

Will see when they come up against a top 3 side I spose....

We will just have to wait and see as you've said.
As for rating them highly, aside from one significant departure, they have recruited a quality backman and a speedy midfielder and have two or three pretty good kids coming through (If they all play- great, if they don't- they're still at the club)
KV finished sixth last year and i don't think many would expect them to drop out of that top six right now.
Glenrowan will drop a couple more games but will do enough to show the comp they still have the teeth and experience to be wary of, Benalla will drop a bit as well.
Tarra and Milawa will be top four, and Bright will push a lot of sides. The Mountain Men probably won't lose a game at home either which pushes them even higher up the ladder.
KV's ranking comes on the back of a couple of stronger teams dropping away and picking a couple of guns up at the right time.

Why don’t we have a crack at a ladder?

Milawa
Tarra
Bright
KV
Glenrowan
Greta
Benalla *
Moyhu
Whorouly
Bonnie Doon
Gbat
North wang

*Tipping Benalla to be the side to drop off the most. Without R Moran, McMaster, MacGregor and co and rumours of Jacka missing a big chunk of the season due to his facial injury that’s 150+ goals they need to replace not to mention the focus goes to their next best now with those guys out. They will still be a handy side but I think they will lack the class to win as easy as they did the last two years.

Before speedway criticises too much yes I have Greta making the top 6, because if you can’t be positive ablut your own club you shouldn’t support them.

Why don’t we have a crack at a ladder?

Milawa
Tarra
Bright
KV
Glenrowan
Greta
Benalla *
Moyhu
Whorouly
Bonnie Doon
Gbat
North wang

*Tipping Benalla to be the side to drop off the most. Without R Moran, McMaster, MacGregor and co and rumours of Jacka missing a big chunk of the season due to his facial injury that’s 150+ goals they need to replace not to mention the focus goes to their next best now with those guys out. They will still be a handy side but I think they will lack the class to win as easy as they did the last two years.

Before speedway criticises too much yes I have Greta making the top 6, because if you can’t be positive ablut your own club you shouldn’t support them.

Mine:
Tarrawingee (Won the flag last year, lost best player but still a massive chance)
Milawa (Strong preseason)
King Valley (Best offseason signings)
Bright (Second best offseason signings)
Glenrowan (Drop away a bit, still a threat in finals)
Benalla (Backing Harry in to get the boys to the finals)

Moyhu (Blanket over 7, 8, 9 and 10 in terms of wins, can beat each other, may pinch games against Glenrowan/Benalla in top-six, but may be just lacking the polish in the way they finish to beat the top-four, but will be very very competitive)
Greta
Whorouly
Goorambat
North Wang (Still coming from a long way back, more numbers on the track/to choose from/back on their home deck, can see them being competitive in first half of season)
Bonnie Doon (Numbers up, James Fox in, but one player doesn't make the side, don't know much about the GV boys so a real unknown but coming from a long way back)

Percentages won't be as high as last year with the games all being close, so every game will count for sides vying for last couple of spots with percentage to determine finals make up (Like last year NBM)

I follow wang but get to as many dogs games I can considering half our x players end up there.. And as for finishing 7th if you end up finishing top 5 this year I’ll gladly eat my words but from a recruiting point of view you seem to be off the mark when most clubs are having a good off season in that department.

You're clearly not paying attention then!
Two new recruits to become the Grundy/Treloar clearance combo in Big Fursdon Roving the taps from the Seven Foot Sri Lankan. Also have heard they're close to signing an ex-Ovens and Murray and Rennie stalwart, measures in 5'10 and stiff arms like a truck. Easy Ginger

You're clearly not paying attention then!
Two new recruits to become the Grundy/Treloar clearance combo in Big Fursdon Roving the taps from the Seven Foot Sri Lankan. Also have heard they're close to signing an ex-Ovens and Murray and Rennie stalwart, measures in 5'10 and stiff arms like a truck. Easy Ginger
Maggot Murray??

On CPH1851 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back