Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Piehucker lost all credibility after that post, to claim they were that much under is beyond a joke, but like I said, if the figures did indeed show that, then it proves Allan was driving back to Melbourne with hundred dollar bills tucked in his ass crack.

I find it funny you are so outraged that Milawa spend money on high profile recruits, and players that certainly can prove their worth. Just like the Glenrowan players on money proved theirs by winning the 4 flags. But everyone knows Glenrowan spent at least minimum $100k every year from 2013-2017. Well that’s if the players actually got paid what they were owed in the end. That’s why the players left and no longer exist. Couldn’t keep paying that huge amount of money every year. Milawa will still be there as long as the league keeps going. They will not be strong forever and will have down years, but for mojority of the next decade they will be.

I find it funny you are so outraged that Milawa spend money on high profile recruits, and players that certainly can prove their worth. Just like the Glenrowan players on money proved theirs by winning the 4 flags. But everyone knows Glenrowan spent at least minimum $100k every year from 2013-2017. Well that’s if the players actually got paid what they were owed in the end. That’s why the players left and no longer exist. Couldn’t keep paying that huge amount of money every year. Milawa will still be there as long as the league keeps going. They will not be strong forever and will have down years, but for mojority of the next decade they will be.
Glenny never broke any rules, it’s the cheating that is wrong.

Stevo bruiser you are an absolute stroker, I’ve been reading all your posts and while at times you do make sense on some things, others you have no idea about, and that’s coming from a bloke who talks a lot of dribble on here.

You are delusional if you think Glenrowan will re form in the future, them together with north Wang have wrecked the league and both deserve to get the flick for good, utilise the facilities for junior league.

And if your so confident of the dirty old tigers reforming then no doubt you’ll be ringing up your ex president and asking for your premiership cups back to stack in the trophy cabinet of the run down dump you call club rooms for anyone who actually cares about club culture to admire

Technically under the cap, due to cheating.

Why would they need to cheat being that far under the cap? Why not pay the extra that you claim with the room left over to the full amount of $80k. I’d like to see you name the players that get paid and how much a week you reckon?

Stevo bruiser you are an absolute stroker, I’ve been reading all your posts and while at times you do make sense on some things, others you have no idea about, and that’s coming from a bloke who talks a lot of dribble on here.

You are delusional if you think Glenrowan will re form in the future, them together with north Wang have wrecked the league and both deserve to get the flick for good, utilise the facilities for junior league.

And if your so confident of the dirty old tigers reforming then no doubt you’ll be ringing up your ex president and asking for your premiership cups back to stack in the trophy cabinet of the run down dump you call club rooms for anyone who actually cares about club culture to admire
The only ones stroking here are the delusional avocado eating horoscope reading dip shits who think Milawa were $20,000 under the cap, come on.

Wow! A few people on here have no idea about clubs past, present and future!

Stevobruiser seems to have a crush on milawa, nth wang and Jamie allan haha

I reckon a lot of what has been said about milawa, glenrowan and nth wang above is a load of rubbish!
Yes there could be some truths but most of it is bullshit... no-one in our league owes the league that much money or has owed them that much...
And I hardly doubt anyone in our league has spent over 100k in a season

Lets just hope we get a few games in this year, really looking forward to see how every team goes.
Still milawa and bright for me if the season goes ahead, with Bonnie doon my Smokey 👍🏻

I’d like to know we’re you get all your info from ya flog
The books, are you a little offended that the hawks buried themselves and have barely won a game since?
If ever there is a crystal clear example of an inept football club it’s here. Pristine surface, good facility’s, geographically advantaged, yet are struggling because of some hugely poor financial decisions that occurred almost ten years ago. How can you argue against this? Get the offer of a lifetime to join forces with a great club and they turn it down. 😂

The books, are you a little offended that the hawks buried themselves and have barely won a game since?
If ever there is a crystal clear example of an inept football club it’s here. Pristine surface, good facility’s, geographically advantaged, yet are struggling because of some hugely poor financial decisions that occurred almost ten years ago. How can you argue against this? Get the offer of a lifetime to join forces with a great club and they turn it down. 😂

You might be better off sticking to the ‘Defending George Pell’ or ‘Coronavirus 2020’ threads Stevo. I think Iso has cooked your brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing this forums full of young guys who didn’t witness the demise of country footy due to payments getting out of hand. Chiltern, Rutherglen & Beechworth departing was definitely the biggest blow, but the league still had quality. The game has evolved over the years which in most cases is a good thing, but air heads who can’t get a decent job and lean back on player payments need to get a grip on reality. A little bit of money going to one or two high profile players or coaches was welcomed back in the day, when all the players got on board. Now we’ve got dweebs who think “oh he’s getting $250, I want $450 I’m better than him” and so on. It creates excessive club hopping, recession of clubs, and ultimately will destroy leagues. It’s all on the players, it puts clubs and volunteers under extreme duress.

Heard a rumour old blacksnake doesn’t cope well with other teams success. A bit green he couldn’t get any success.

I’m guessing this forums full of young guys who didn’t witness the demise of country footy due to payments getting out of hand. Chiltern, Rutherglen & Beechworth departing was definitely the biggest blow, but the league still had quality. The game has evolved over the years which in most cases is a good thing, but air heads who can’t get a decent job and lean back on player payments need to get a grip on reality. A little bit of money going to one or two high profile players or coaches was welcomed back in the day, when all the players got on board. Now we’ve got dweebs who think “oh he’s getting $250, I want $450 I’m better than him” and so on. It creates excessive club hopping, recession of clubs, and ultimately will destroy leagues. It’s all on the players, it puts clubs and volunteers under extreme duress.
Chiltern, Rutherglen, and Beechworth were worse for the league that Glenrowan and that’s saying something Lenny.
But I suppose Beechworth cons were just as dirty as Glenrowan were, and the Lappins were better blokes than the McPhails 😂

Chiltern, Rutherglen, and Beechworth were worse for the league that Glenrowan and that’s saying something Lenny.
But I suppose Beechworth cons were just as dirty as Glenrowan were, and the Lappins were better blokes than the McPhails 😂
You dislike the Mcphails because they’re successful business men, and pulled of a record breaking run. Tall poppy syndrome.

Coming from a sport where you pay everything up front , fees , entries, travel . Everything , it still amazes me that f and g grade level sports people ( at AFL ) expect to get paid for anything! Even more so , why do business people , and individuals agree to pay afore mentioned F graders appearance money? Won't miss the umpires "room" at glenrowan!

Coming from a sport where you pay everything up front , fees , entries, travel . Everything , it still amazes me that f and g grade level sports people ( at AFL ) expect to get paid for anything! Even more so , why do business people , and individuals agree to pay afore mentioned F graders appearance money? Won't miss the umpires "room" at glenrowan!
I’ve advocated for umpire payments to rise for years, the quality of umpires running around in our league is beyond a joke. Can’t even keep up with the play let alone see the ball to make correct decisions. Player payments should be cut, umpires pay doubled so we can get some state grade guys in.

I’ve advocated for umpire payments to rise for years, the quality of umpires running around in our league is beyond a joke. Can’t even keep up with the play let alone see the ball to make correct decisions. Player payments should be cut, umpires pay doubled so we can get some state grade guys in.
I agree, some shithouse umpires around. None worse than the Glenrowan 2s umpire **** me he was terrible that bloke

If ever there is a crystal clear example of an inept football club it’s here. Pristine surface, good facility’s, geographically advantaged, yet are struggling because of some hugely poor financial decisions that occurred almost ten years ago. How can you argue against this? Get the offer of a lifetime to join forces with a great club and they turn it down.
Everyone has turned you flogs down

On CPH1851 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree, some shithouse umpires around. None worse than the Glenrowan 2s umpire fu** me he was terrible that bloke
I’m not talking about the super heroes of the game that volunteered their time to umpires the lower grades, more referring to the degenerates that cheated in the senior comp and were paid to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back