Ovens & King football 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not talking about the super heroes of the game that volunteered their time to umpires the lower grades, more referring to the degenerates that cheated in the senior comp and were paid to do so.
You’ve had your fair share of appearences in the seniors wether it be umpiring or running the water and cheating your way into turning the umpires decisions to fall Glenrowans way.

I’m not talking about the super heroes of the game that volunteered their time to umpires the lower grades, more referring to the degenerates that cheated in the senior comp and were paid to do so.

The Glenrowan umpire was the biggest cheat of them all not only did he cheat in the 2nds but was even a bigger cheat when he umpires senior Glenrowan games and got paid to do it there wouldn't be an O&K club that doesn't agree with me

The books, are you a little offended that the hawks buried themselves and have barely won a game since?
If ever there is a crystal clear example of an inept football club it’s here. Pristine surface, good facility’s, geographically advantaged, yet are struggling because of some hugely poor financial decisions that occurred almost ten years ago. How can you argue against this? Get the offer of a lifetime to join forces with a great club and they turn it down. 😂

Not sure who the great club is Nth Wang is still here. letting Glenrowan into the O&K worst decision ever made yes they my have won 4 flags on the back of the biggest spend in O&K history but that was the only way they could get any one to play for them. When the money finished they were right back where they were in 2012 .changed nothing at the club .If it was such a great club they would be still running .Big footy is the only footy in your life now as your club gone for good .Not enough even a trophy in the cabinet as I am told the past President has them at his home because he thinks there his as he paid for them

Not sure who the great club is Nth Wang is still here. letting Glenrowan into the O&K worst decision ever made yes they my have won 4 flags on the back of the biggest spend in O&K history but that was the only way they could get any one to play for them. When the money finished they were right back where they were in 2012 .changed nothing at the club .If it was such a great club they would be still running .Big footy is the only footy in your life now as your club gone for good .Not enough even a trophy in the cabinet as I am told the past President has them at his home because he thinks there his as he paid for them
In all seriousness I just can’t comprehend the Hawks not jumping at the merger opportunity, I know Greta and other clubs were approached but the North Wang approach made the most sense. Would have been perfect to alternate the home games between the venues. They could have landed all the remaining players and had extra volunteers. This bad call will ultimately be the last nail in the coffin.

Old stevo bruiser is a bit shitty that clubs like moyhu, Greta and nth wang said no because his club is gone.... the reason your club is gone is because you only cared about one thing, the senior men’s team winning!
A club is every grade of netball and football.

You hang it on a club like nth wang, that had no control over losing there ground hence why no one in the right mind wanted to play there.
Now they have a ground and seem to be moving forwards, bringing in new netballers and footballers and you still hang it on them? You seem a bit jealous mate that they are still around and your pathetic club isn’t!

Everytime I’ve lined up against them moyhu or Greta you could see the people involved in them clubs seemed to be very hard working and very CLUB first approached, when I lined up against glenrowan it seemed like players were there for the 2oclock game and then to piss off home and not worry about anyone else in the club....

Hence why I’d imagine these clubs knocked back glenrowans offer to merge!

Old stevo bruiser is a bit shitty that clubs like moyhu, Greta and nth wang said no because his club is gone.... the reason your club is gone is because you only cared about one thing, the senior men’s team winning!
A club is every grade of netball and football.

You hang it on a club like nth wang, that had no control over losing there ground hence why no one in the right mind wanted to play there.
Now they have a ground and seem to be moving forwards, bringing in new netballers and footballers and you still hang it on them? You seem a bit jealous mate that they are still around and your pathetic club isn’t!

Everytime I’ve lined up against them moyhu or Greta you could see the people involved in them clubs seemed to be very hard working and very CLUB first approached, when I lined up against glenrowan it seemed like players were there for the 2oclock game and then to piss off home and not worry about anyone else in the club....

Hence why I’d imagine these clubs knocked back glenrowans offer to merge!
If Milawa lost their ground do you think they would have crumbled? I don’t think so, the ground situation didn’t help but really has nothing to do with them being anchored to the bottom of the ladder. Logic needed to be applied to their decisions, too much emotion (envy/jelousy) was involved, hence a bad call being made.

Last edited:
If Milawa lost their ground do you think they would have crumbled? I don’t think so, the ground situation didn’t help but really has nothing to do with them being anchored to the bottom of the ladder. Logic needed to be applied to their decisions, too much emotion (envy/jelousy) was involved, hence a bad call being made.

If the season starts which i think it will North Wang will play finals.

Change the thread name to the 2020 strokers, and you guys think I dribble.
Milawa under the cap, Nw to play finals, Jamie playing for free, Jesus Christ. 😂
Next I’ll be hearing Greta are primed for a premiership.

I am starting to really think we will get half a season in. The Prime Minister has mentioned Community sport so it’s clearly a consideration.

Did the league try to broker a deal to merge Glenrowan & North Wang? McPhail approached Greta in 2016 when their football team were at the peak of their powers. Why then when you’re on top of the ladder? Well we figured being a shrewd businessman Jason knew when they walked back into the club they’d be good to bankroll for only a certain number of seasons. Which is totally understandable. Therefore you would expect he knew that once he pulled the pin Glenrowan as a club would go back to where they were in 2012 or something similar.

I am starting to really think we will get half a season in. The Prime Minister has mentioned Community sport so it’s clearly a consideration.

So to get a season in I’m assuming we would have to play everyone once?

Would any clubs entertain the idea of playing a shorter season than that?

Would there need to be a time frame for a pre season before games start?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So to get a season in I’m assuming we would have to play everyone once?

Would any clubs entertain the idea of playing a shorter season than that?

Would there need to be a time frame for a pre season before games start?

Can’t see how we will get any sort of season in. We haven’t seen the peak of Covid-19 yet and in our local areas it will be around Sept.
I want to get back to playing footy as much as the next bloke but can’t see it happening but we can all dream - like that the Kelly Tigers will be back!

I’ve been fairly vocal in saying the season won’t happen, but I think it’s half a chance now, Victoria haven’t seemed to budge on restrictions yet but might be different in 6 weeks time. Everyone play each other once with some sort of finals series would be fine.

Did the league try to broker a deal to merge Glenrowan & North Wang? McPhail approached Greta in 2016 when their football team were at the peak of their powers. Why then when you’re on top of the ladder? Well we figured being a shrewd businessman Jason knew when they walked back into the club they’d be good to bankroll for only a certain number of seasons. Which is totally understandable. Therefore you would expect he knew that once he pulled the pin Glenrowan as a club would go back to where they were in 2012 or something similar.
The merger talks were quashed immediately. 🤯
The league welcomed the idea as they would prefer one strong club, rather than two battlers (Greta/NW)
These clubs didn’t have the foresight to plan for the future, one entrepreneur was ahead of the game and nobody listened.
There is no shame in merging, leagues are going to be forever evolving.
I guess they didn’t want to spend money on a larger trophy cabinet.

Last edited:
The league welcomed the idea as they would prefer one strong club, rather than two battlers (Greta/NW)
These clubs didn’t have the foresight to plan for the future, one entrepreneur was ahead of the game and nobody listened.

Why would those clubs that are not in a position to merge do so and lose their clubs identity? North Wang didn’t put themselves in the position of not being able to play or train at their home ground. They have gone through the hardest period of their clubs history and are now on the other side of it. Greta will always battle away and keep on fighting for another day. Greta and North Wang would essentially not change the running off their clubs if they did merge. For they would be merging with a club that brings no money, no volunteers, no sponsors, no players just a co name attached and play on a shit pile on a hill side for 4 games a year.

Why would those clubs that are not in a position to merge do so and lose their clubs identity? North Wang didn’t put themselves in the position of not being able to play or train at their home ground. They have gone through the hardest period of their clubs history and are now on the other side of it. Greta will always battle away and keep on fighting for another day. Greta and North Wang would essentially not change the running off their clubs if they did merge. For they would be merging with a club that brings no money, no volunteers, no sponsors, no players just a co name attached and play on a shit pile on a hill side for 4 games a year.
How weren’t they in a position to merge? One club can’t win a game, and the other isn’t far behind.
Merging would have added a whole new support crew and committee, a few guys with more than one brain cell.

How weren’t they in a position to merge? One club can’t win a game, and the other isn’t far behind.
Merging would have added a whole new support crew and committee, a few guys with more than one brain cell.

Well let’s look at North Wang now. Best football surface in the league. Soon to be best lighting and netball surface. Facilities are up there with the best in the league. Have been able to field 2 teams now with the reserves more than competitive. Will only get better in the coming seasons. On the right path. Have built a strong committee now and always have had a strong past players group raising money for them.

Greta narrowly missed out on finals the past few years. Would of been a different story if they could of held onto recruits from 3-4 years ago for they would of built a really good core group. With recruits from last year and this year would of topped them up for a finals tilt. Reserves always competitive playing finals. Had a 3rds team to get some youth into the club. Their netball teams are very strong. Strong committee too and well supported by local farmers/ex players.

Both clubs in nowhere need of a merger territory.

Yet again stevobruiser you don’t understand how real clubs work...
It’s not all about the senior teams winning games! Hence why glenrowan failed....

A club is both football grades and all netball grades....
Nthwang and gretas reserves teams played finals.
Also I think you’ll find that both Greta and nthwang netball sides played finals also , and had grand final victories across both clubs!

So i can completely understand why they wouldn’t want to merge with a club like yours, because you still can’t understand how a “club” works.

It’s not all about the senior teams winning games! Hence why glenrowan failed....

Also I think you’ll find that both Greta and nthwang netball sides played finals also , and had grand final victories across both clubs!

So i can completely understand why they wouldn’t want to merge with a club like yours, because you still can’t understand how a “club” works.
Enlighten me on how a club works, is it based around fielding a stronger 2nds team at the detriment of the senior side? Beyond a joke. Says a lot about the calibre of players and coaches to even allow that to happen.

Greta won’t be a stand alone club in 4-5 years time.

Ive been sitting back from afar watching you bait everyone Big Bruiser having a chuckle..but ive got to pull you up on this one..
How can you say Glenrowan planned for the future when they don't have one..they spent all there money in 4 years, if they had planned for the future they may have spent there money on Local players instead of a convoy of players up the highway

Give it a spell bruiser! Have a rest from Bigfooty for a year or 50.
All your points regarding Glenrowan, Milawa and North Wang are so contradicting.
I’m almost certain you’re just trying to wind people up because surely no one is really just as annoying as you!
Although if you are either one of the two people I think you could be then maybe...
But can you give us all a rest from all your 100% right and factual comments for a while.
Minutes of my life that will never return reading your dribble!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back