Streaming Ozark - Netflix

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just going to scroll right to the end straight away and hope to avoid spoilers...

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS!

Those who have finished, how is it? Kind of hoping I don't get let down by a series that has been consistently high quality since the first episode. Do they wrap it up this season?
Bloody fantastic. One of the best series I've watched, forgot how good it was.

Certainly tension and some good acting again from Ruth Ana Wendy but just a little too convoluted. I mean there’s Helen, Sherriff and Ben missing …then Frank…I mean it’s worse than Bermuda Triangle!

Popped on an ep at midnight last night, and it was 4am when I stopped at 4 eps. Polished off the last 3 tonight. wow, was not expecting that end. The comparisons of Wendy to Walter White are real, in their irredeemable turns, and Javi is up there with Lalo on Better Call Saul for unhinged danger and menace. Can’t wait for part 2. The PI and FBI agent are going to play a big part

Another thing that made it seem a little convoluted…Darlene runs a huge heroin operation on her farm yet there seems anyone (Frank and Javi) can just stroll into her house with no security whatsoever. Yet a backward operation like that dealer that Ruth and Marty tried to buy drugs from had loads more security. And as if Frank the mob head would just roll up by himself?!!

Another thing that made it seem a little convoluted…Darlene runs a huge heroin operation on her farm yet there seems anyone (Frank and Javi) can just stroll into her house with no security whatsoever. Yet a backward operation like that dealer that Ruth and Marty tried to buy drugs from had loads more security. And as if Frank the mob head would just roll up by himself?!!
All agreed

It’s why last Season was poor IMO

I’m finding the new season enjoyable but there’s too many plot armour/conveniences for the Byrde family when situations a rise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah this is what bugs me about the show not just this season but the whole time. The amount of times they've managed to talk their way out of things. Anyway still enjoy the show.
Certainly tension and some good acting again from Ruth Ana Wendy but just a little too convoluted. I mean there’s Helen, Sherriff and Ben missing …then Frank…I mean it’s worse than Bermuda Triangle!
Yes the Sherriff goes to investigate Helen, gets bumped off and then the new Sherriff goes to the same house and asks about Helen. Wouldn't the new sherrifs priority would be finding out what happened to her predecessor.

Actually wanted to add that I recently caught up with vikings and that show had split seasons where characters age significantly or years have gone by. Just call it a ******* new season. This won't happen in Ozarks but I just don't get spit seasons just call them different seasons.

Ok so late to this, just into season 2 and strong Breaking Bad vibe. As well as the obvious parallels it shares similar MO to that and several other shows (Walking Dead, Battlestar Galactica to name a couple)- that is, you torment the bejesus out of your characters. The second they get some respite or have a little win you throw them straight back in the s**t.

Normally this is fine in the movie format but grinds me down over a season or two of television, but here the characters and performances are so good I’m still enjoying it. Got all the way through BB primarily for those reasons.

Glad there are only four seasons though- don’t know I could take much more!

Yeah this is what bugs me about the show not just this season but the whole time. The amount of times they've managed to talk their way out of things. Anyway still enjoy the show.

Yes the Sherriff goes to investigate Helen, gets bumped off and then the new Sherriff goes to the same house and asks about Helen. Wouldn't the new sherrifs priority would be finding out what happened to her predecessor.

Actually wanted to add that I recently caught up with vikings and that show had split seasons where characters age significantly or years have gone by. Just call it a ******* new season. This won't happen in Ozarks but I just don't get spit seasons just call them different seasons.

Bateman said on Kimmel jokingly that the reason for the split was Netflix could pay them season 4 rates instead of higher season 5 rates. Wouldn't be surprised if there's actually some truth to that.

Bateman said on Kimmel jokingly that the reason for the split was Netflix could pay them season 4 rates instead of higher season 5 rates. Wouldn't be surprised if there's actually some truth to that.

No doubt money is a factor. I read that breaking bad did it so the writers had more time to finish the show. I think other shows followed suit but I'm not sure of the reasoning. I was looking into Vikings season 3 was 10 episodes and season 4 was a 20 episode split. It basically is 2 season over 1 year, season 5 is the same but the gap is a year a part at that point just call it season 5 and 6. It's the same with those hangover movies why are they called part 1, 2 and 3 they are separate stories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LPlGw8u.jpg

How far ahead into the future do we think the opening scene of S4 with the Byrds in the car (and the crash) was ?
Was expecting that to be the end of E7, but it looks like there are a few additional things to play out before that scene....
I said to my wife maybe that's the ending?

How far ahead into the future do we think the opening scene of S4 with the Byrds in the car (and the crash) was ?
Was expecting that to be the end of E7, but it looks like there are a few additional things to play out before that scene....
I thought that was such a stupid and pointless start. All it does is let us know they all live up to that point!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back