Parliament Prayer room

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if it’ll become news now??? The taking it down bit?
"YouTuber "not-so" friendlyjordies involved in another deformation case with MPs over comments made in videos"

No comment on the content or quotes from Shanks required

I can't remember the video properly but wasn't it just Shanks reading out bits of the enquiry. Some names were blanked out and censored. I don't really remember him giving his opinion or naming people who weren't already named?
He basically read the details of the allegations that were investigated

Not quite on topic but similarly related I don't often see eye to eye with Friendlyjordies (especially his views on international politics) but it's kinda amusing seeing the attacks on him from sanctimonious journalists on Twitter (from media very few people are interested in) thinking that they are smarter than everyone else when the average Joe/Jill just thinks they are massive flogs who aren't worth the time of day and would rather put up with Jordan's schtick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite on topic but similarly related I don't often see eye to eye with Friendlyjordies (especially his views on international politics) but it's kinda amusing seeing the attacks on him from sanctimonious journalists on Twitter (from media very few people are interested in) thinking that they are smarter than everyone else when the average Joe/Jill just thinks they are massive flogs who aren't worth the time of day and would rather put up with Jordan's schtick.

What international views don’t you like?
I don’t hear him doing much on international politics.

Pretty long sentence but what is it that you don't like about Jordan?

Personally I think we need more like him as the MSM seems to go missing too often.

The interesting part is, his channel on limited resources, can investigate important issues and get evidence to back it up.
These issues and the evidence seem pretty easy to get… so what does that say about our mainstream media? Are they sand bagging these stories?

The interesting part is, his channel on limited resources, can investigate important issues and get evidence to back it up.
These issues and the evidence seem pretty easy to get… so what does that say about our mainstream media? Are they sand bagging these stories?

You could count the number of real journalists on one hand.

The mainstream media quite obviously sand bags stories so that they can roll them out as clickbait.

^^^

or bury the story like the national inquirer did in the US (buried is slightly misleading - they were quietly used as leverage in other ways)

Quid pro quo; silence for access.

Bit conspiracy theorist for mine, but that'd be some of how it could work. You hold your tongue on this, I'll give you something to tide you over.

Saw Jim Malo tweets yesterday, talk about triggered…oh boy

Quid pro quo; silence for access.

Bit conspiracy theorist for mine, but that'd be some of how it could work. You hold your tongue on this, I'll give you something to tide you over.
It happens everywhere, know of a perfect example at local level, would expect it would be rife in Canberra

It happens everywhere, know of a perfect example at local level, would expect it would be rife in Canberra

IMO...
The problem with it isn't the quid-pro-quo the problem is that they're trading stories about an MP with a proclivity for rent boys for a story about an MP rorting govt money.

IMO...
The problem with it isn't the quid-pro-quo the problem is that they're trading stories about an MP with a proclivity for rent boys for a story about an MP rorting govt money.
Every example is a problem - we require an unbiased and uncorrupted media to do their job and hold pol to account

Every example is a problem - we require an unbiased and uncorrupted media to do their job and hold pol to account

We do.
But that is absolutely best case scenario in a perfect world.

Political journalists are bigger attention whores than the politicians.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back