Coaching Staff Past Coach: Matthew Knights - Finally gets his second shot - 5/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I'm ready for this madness to end.

Madness? This is Essendon!

membership2010_img2-l.jpg

Always hated that campaign. Definitely had potential, but they either needed to do it right or shoot for something else. IMHO, they failed.

I always thought they should have a 300 type trailer with Watson kicking Judd into the pit.

What are your thoughts of Cale Hooker, Heath Hocking, Jarrod Atkinson, Kyle Reimers?

I think they're good players. I'd be surprised if any of them became elite players though. More than happy if they proved me wrong.

Players with class, show it from day one.

On our list, I'm speaking the likes of Hurley, Melksham and Pears.

Our lack of elite players hurts us massively. Think of St.Kilda, Geelong, Bulldogs... hell, any team in the top 6. They have more than one elite player on the park. Thank God we have Fletch.

Can't help but remember the days of Hird, Bewick, Lloyd, Lucas, Wellman, Wanganeen, Salmon, Hardwick and Solly..

These players for most of their careers were a step above the rest and respected by most in the AFL.

I understand we play youth.. I don't understand why we select certain players and not others... Dempsey for one.. I feel he gets a lot of free games while other players don't have a chance at all.. rotate the kids.. lets see everyone worthy of a game.. not just the favorites..

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/team/player.asp?id=137#profile

I think they're good players. I'd be surprised if any of them became elite players though. More than happy if they proved me wrong.
And Taylor Hunt will?
Can't help but remember the days of Hird, Bewick, Lloyd, Lucas, Wellman, Wanganeen, Salmon, Hardwick and Solly..

These players for most of their careers were a step above the rest and respected by most in the AFL.
You cannot be serious.

Solly was no better than what Hooker is promising to be.

Players with class, show it from day one.

On our list, I'm speaking the likes of Hurley, Melksham and Pears.

Our lack of elite players hurts us massively. Think of St.Kilda, Geelong, Bulldogs... hell, any team in the top 6. They have more than one elite player on the park. Thank God we have Fletch.

I understand we play youth.. I don't understand why we select certain players and not others... Dempsey for one.. I feel he gets a lot of free games while other players don't have a chance at all.. rotate the kids.. lets see everyone worthy of a game.. not just the favorites..

Seeing as though most of our best 22 haven't played over 50 games, shouldn't it be expected that we're going to be light on for elite players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the topic suggests, lets just say that you have all lost a few inches dyed your hair mellow yellow and your in the big chair.

What do you do?

What are the main things you want to achieve out of 2010?

Personally I am looking for an inside midfielder; I would give Myers significant time in their and see if he can build a relationship with Jobe. I would also give games to Howlett and Muscels.

I would also give some significant game time to Houli as purley an attacking wingman. Lets actually give him the opportunity he deserves.

discuss?

Re: So.. Your Matthew Knights, what do you do?

"If elected mayor, my first act will be to kill the whole lot of ya, and burn yer town to cinders!"

Its time to be ruthless..the guy is struggling to save his career.
Should look at the players that are not showing any heart and drop the players that constantly produce turnovers under little pressure.
I would bring Myers into the side for the reaminder of the season as well and play him in the centre with jobe and upgrade both muscles and silverlock and lets have a look at both of them at different stages. Get Monfries back into the side and drop Lonergan (had so many chances), play Williams even if his form doesnt exactly warrant selection. Hurley was able to get into the game much better in defence i thought maybe its time to leave him there for the remainder of the season..he just looks more comfortable..but i would love for him to be a great forward,,just needs the right delivery. Give zaka more gametime in the midfield..to add to our midfield rotations. Make a hard decision on h.slattery and drop him and bring in hardingham..apparently been playing well at Bendigo so lets try him to lock down a small forward. The great Irish experiment wont work..
Give Colyer some gametime, get dempsey back into that team..we had no speed tonight..thats our gameplan isnt it? Some hard calls will be needed on the midfield they constantly let our defence down by turnover and give our forwards no chances.

1) Dempsey plays at half back and stays there. Our other five defenders work in a way that gives us the easiest match up. Good teams do that.

2) Hurley plays in the position in which he is a natural in. Full back.

3) Let Houli play the year out (yes I really said that).

4) Choose between Slattery and McVeigh. Can't choose? Play Hardingham.

5) Let Melksham play the year out at Bendigo. Get miles into his legs. Had a taste, he'll be good, see you in 2011 a better player for it.

6) Zaka is a midfielder.

7) So is Lonergan.

8) Monfries played his best footy as a defensive forward. That was your idea, it was great. Do it again.

9) Welsh plays as a tagger. Only a tagger.

10) Williams and Neagle has their problems. But they demand the footy. Play them. Williams is a class act and Neagle has a heap of talent. Lets see how our forward line functions with them, it's not working at the moment. Nothing to lose.

11) Have some balls and tell Dustin Fletcher, that whilst we love you, your reports are hurting you. We know it's hard to ask you for more Fletch, you've been amazing, but we would have beaten Sydney with you and it might have been different had we won that.

12) Get more players rotating through the midfield. That means more of Davey and Jetta in the midfield to go with Zaka and Lonergan. That means Myers. Midfield rotations aren't just on and off the bench, they include half forward and half back. That also means Winderlich spends time forward as well, you did that remember? He was good there.

13) Think about putting Gumby on ice at some stage.

sword

fall

or just do a rudd

this ^^^^

but as this is unlikely..

Play hardingham, williams, neagle, houli, howlett in the side....no matter what their form is like...if they dont measure up...at least we will know.
they cant be any worse than what has been put up lately.

NLM, one or two of welsh/mcveigh/h.slatts to miss (even if you rotated them through missing games), lonergan out..plays hurls at FB, neagle at FF, gumby at CHF.
Quinn isnt really up to the standard required, so lets not continue with the charade of playing him in the seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back