Pav

Remove this Banner Ad

Its never popular when people criticise Pav, but it has been warranted over the last few weeks. Not enough work on second efforts and almost no appetite for a chase. Against Port Adelaide I saw someone run around him and with a bit of effort Pav could have tackled or at least impeded him. Instead Pav did a fake out move as if he was going to tackle, but just stood still. Not good enough when we need him to stand up. If only we could inject a bit of Balla's passion, or Kepler's doggedness into him.

Has also been watching a bit too much soccer I think, and would be better served playing genuine football rather than trying to milk free kicks.

Whatever his issue, lets hope its resolved soon, because its getting to the pointy end of the season and we need him to fire.

Pav should play in the midfield more against the Dees with Murphy and Fyfe coming in to bolster the forward line

Yeah, REALLY. Murphy has kicked plenty of goals in the WAFL and we need a tall target up forward. If we are going to reward good form in the WAFL then he deserves a chance.

umm who are the big bodied mids in midfield for melb that our young mids cant handle?
Only possible matchup for pav would be maloney.
The rest are far too quick an will damage him the other way.

Show some faith in our young midfielders an leave the job for them.
Without Pav providing leads up forward our forward line is dysfunctional an we rely to heavily on bombing it in, or catching them out on a turnover an a forward rushing back into the forward line pagans paddock style.

Against teams like saints geebong etc i see the need for pav to spend more time in midfield but against younger teams hes wasted an it shows no confidence in our young mids to do their job.

If Schammer and Dodd can't crack the team then I highly doubt Murphy will. Agree with Sman, I would like our young midfield to go head to head with Melbourne's young midfield and Pav in the forward line. I reckon we should be alright, hopefully.

Super Pav was one of a few play creators we had Saturday on a dirty night.

The game was a mess from the Freo point-of-view and even then we created plenty of opportunity. Finishing was lacking. Some guys had off/dirty nights too like Ballas and Palmer.

Super Pav was one of a few play creators we had Saturday on a dirty night.

The game was a mess from the Freo point-of-view and even then we created plenty of opportunity. Finishing was lacking. Some guys had off/dirty nights too like Ballas and Palmer.

I think Palmer had close to 20 touches but agree he had little influence on the game.....maybe he had a slight niggle as I noticed he only had 62% game time
If Balla is having a dirty night,I cant understand why they dont throw him in the middle a bit more often to break the tag/scrag and change the dynamics of the team

If he was carrying an injury, why would they be playing him midfield.
Surely if he was carrying an injury they would be leaving him forward.

Hes fine other than the usual aches an pains from football week in week out.

If he was carrying an injury, why would they be playing him midfield.
Surely if he was carrying an injury they would be leaving him forward.

Hes fine other than the usual aches an pains from football week in week out.

I think there way of thinking is when Pav goes in the middle he attracts a good tag player, therefore it allows Mundy more freedom who is probably a better user of the ball .... Richmond was tagging Mundy to where when he took possession he was immediately tackled.. When Pav goes in, then Mundy has a better chance.. ..I guess:confused::)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back