PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve had a decent go at this with no success. Got a bit of spare time so will have a few more goes over the next few days before I give up and go to the place a bought it. Thanks everyone for the help.
If you've got any spare sticks of ram, you can try swapping those in and see if it's the RAM

Not as loud as the purple.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was having issues with my Blackwidow Elite (key spamming and missed key presses) so just burnt a voucher I had laying around on a Huntsman V2 with purple switches and they actually aren't as loud as I thought. My first ever mechanical keyboard was a Blackwidow back in like 2010 with green switches and those things were really loud. I still prefer silent tactile like Cherry Browns and Razer Oranges but unless you go custom keyboard those things just don't seem a thing anymore. Was seriously considering the Steelseries Apex Pro because you can adjust the actuation point to where the key bottoms out but I still don't like the feel of linears as I need that actuation feedback.

Was reading about issues with Razer keyboards and key spamming was more to do with Synapse and keyboard firmware, but mine only just started doing it a few weeks ago and the Blackwidow Elite doesn't have a firmware upgrade available so I expect it was the board. However I did find posts on Razer's support board from just March this year (same time as me) about key spamming on the same keyboard so maybe it was something to do with firmware but I couldn't be stuffed waiting for Razer to release a firmware update when they still weren't acknowledging the issue. It had killed me enough in Destiny already)

Was having issues with my Blackwidow Elite (key spamming and missed key presses) so just burnt a voucher I had laying around on a Huntsman V2 with purple switches and they actually aren't as loud as I thought. My first ever mechanical keyboard was a Blackwidow back in like 2010 with green switches and those things were really loud. I still prefer silent tactile like Cherry Browns and Razer Oranges but unless you go custom keyboard those things just don't seem a thing anymore. Was seriously considering the Steelseries Apex Pro because you can adjust the actuation point to where the key bottoms out but I still don't like the feel of linears as I need that actuation feedback.

Was reading about issues with Razer keyboards and key spamming was more to do with Synapse and keyboard firmware, but mine only just started doing it a few weeks ago and the Blackwidow Elite doesn't have a firmware upgrade available so I expect it was the board. However I did find posts on Razer's support board from just March this year (same time as me) about key spamming on the same keyboard so maybe it was something to do with firmware but I couldn't be stuffed waiting for Razer to release a firmware update when they still weren't acknowledging the issue. It had killed me enough in Destiny already)

My wife hates it, reckons it’s way too loud haha.

My wife hates it, reckons it’s way too loud haha.

I'm on holidays at the moment and and the wife is working about 10ft away. I was trying to be quiet while she was on calls but it turns out she's louder on her membrane work keyboard. Clunk clunk clunk. These purple switches seem to be inaudible with headphones on too so she can't even hear it. Not sure if those on the other end of her mic can hear it though. She works for a radiologist and the other day the cats were crying to eat and a patient on the line asked if those were in fact cats in the background lol. I guess the purple optical switches are different from the green switches. I dug out my old green switch Blackwidow and those things are more like a clank. These purple are just a little click, not as bad as I thought they'd be.

This is one of the reasons that I went with ny current keyboard that you can just change out the buttons to whatever you feel you need. I'm currently running cherry red's (I think), got a box of browns somewhere.

This is one of the reasons that I went with ny current keyboard that you can just change out the buttons to whatever you feel you need. I'm currently running cherry red's (I think), got a box of browns somewhere.

Custom? That's a rabbit hole I'm prepared to go down but not just yet. I only recently realised I dislike ABS caps.

Cool. I recently checked them out. Just doing a bit of research previously I was reading about different kinds of keyboard dampeners and other stuff so it's something I really want to look into properly and get it right. It's something I want to do to not only get the perfect keyboard for me but also for wank factor.

Not very often you can say GoodguyAdobe. Let my Substance Painter sub lapse last year as I wasn't using it much. Playing around with UE5 and wanted to compare basic models I made in Blender with Quixel textures vs Substance and noticed that Adobe have deprecated Substance Launcher (which contained all the Substance apps, separate from their CC Launcher). Was just going to sub a month but because it's now called Substance 3D Painter and a different launcher it's letting me trial again. Small victories. /coolstory

Cool. I recently checked them out. Just doing a bit of research previously I was reading about different kinds of keyboard dampeners and other stuff so it's something I really want to look into properly and get it right. It's something I want to do to not only get the perfect keyboard for me but also for wank factor.

I'd suggest getting a key tester

It's just 4 or 5 keys iirc and you can pop them out to see what it feels like without having to buy an entire keyboard/key set.

Amazon product ASIN B01GZHU1EG
or

Amazon product ASIN B01G3BJOHO
Edit: Bigfooty is doing something dumb with the links, but you can just search for "keyboard key tester"

Double Edit: This one from Glorious seems exactly what you need dwwaino

Amazon product ASIN B078FMPZ8R

Decided to bite the bullet and move my gaming pc into the rack.

Too many near misses with me spilling coffee on it. It's sitting just behind my desk where all the coffee inevitably will drip.

I'd suggest getting a key tester

It's just 4 or 5 keys iirc and you can pop them out to see what it feels like without having to buy an entire keyboard/key set.

Amazon product ASIN B01GZHU1EG
or

Amazon product ASIN B01G3BJOHO
Edit: Bigfooty is doing something dumb with the links, but you can just search for "keyboard key tester"

Double Edit: This one from Glorious seems exactly what you need dwwaino

Amazon product ASIN B078FMPZ8R

That's cool. I pretty much already know I like stuff like Cherry Browns though. Silent tactile do feel slightly different from brand to brand but if I were to build one I'd just go with browns, old faithful. For now I'll persist with these clickity click Razer purples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone else think these trendy keyboard cables look like shite

kinda ruining the battlestations and pcmasterrace posts lately lol

glorious_coiled_cables_lifestyle_2.png

I think in some setups they look cool. With a clean setup they look pretty neat. I just wish my FB ads had less of them lol.

i think they would look a bit better without the spark plug looking bit up the cable but still don't like em :sick:

Goodguy Dell. Offering $50 back and adding express shipping because there is a 3-4 week delay on my new monitor. Including the original discount that makes it about $500 off in total.

I swear you have like 50 monitors

In Vincent I trust. These 42" LG panels are what is going in the 42" OLED monitors this year and that I was going to hold out for. I don't regret my decision now. Assuming once those LG panels make it to monitors though they'll have less aggressive ABL. I also didn't know previously that the 42" C2 panel is different from the 48" model and up. He mentions the lack of poleriser on the Alienware but what I found the most interesting in the entire video was the comparison of the sub pixels and how the QD-OLEDs work without a white sub pixel.

In Vincent I trust. These 42" LG panels are what is going in the 42" OLED monitors this year and that I was going to hold out for. I don't regret my decision now. Assuming once those LG panels make it to monitors though they'll have less aggressive ABL. I also didn't know previously that the 42" C2 panel is different from the 48" model and up. He mentions the lack of poleriser on the Alienware but what I found the most interesting in the entire video was the comparison of the sub pixels and how the QD-OLEDs work without a white sub pixel.

I'm currently rocking a 27" LG and 24" LG as my monitors, cannot possibly comprehend gaming on a 42".

I'm currently rocking a 27" LG and 24" LG as my monitors, cannot possibly comprehend gaming on a 42".

Same. I contemplated getting an Odyssey G7 a couple of weeks ago when JB had them $200 off and even adding another 5 inches to screen size seemed unfathomable to me. The 27 inch is plenty big enough.

It's the height that makes it so big IMO. My comfort zone is 27" and 34" ultrawide (same physical height as 27"). I reckon I could do a 42" in terms of width but being 16:9 it would just be so huge. I don't have a very deep desk so it's hard for me to imagine but I imagine those who are going for those sorts of sizes will wall mount behind their desk. I can see a use case for the 42" still though. Plenty of streamers and competitive players are using monitors with their both their consoles and PCs and use controllers allowing them to sit back more. Until now a 48" or 55" LG OLED TV has simply been too big but 42" is a bit more sensible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back