Perth Demons Supporters Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross young captain. Neon Leon and Paul Bevan vice captains. The club must be very impressed by Paul Bevan in such a short time. Great sign. I guess JKT will get his chance in a year or two.

Well no doubt Ross will lead by example and hopefully this may extend his stay at the club.

Really happy to see Leon get recognised and also Busher in leadership group. I notice he always has something to contribute during the breaks so he obviously thinks about about what goes on during a game.

Agree with your thoughts on Bevan, he must be one of those players who adapts quickly into a new club.

Leon has already been very vocal at training and in the huddles and apparently that's what he was like at Collingwood. Paul Bevan was well liked and respected at Sydney from what i have read on here and facebook and has runs on the board at AFL level, a premiership medal if you don't mind. I couldn't think of 3 better leaders at the club and i would be surprised if any of the players have got their noses out of joint about those appointments. The choice of Ross Young as captain was a no brainer and richly deserved.

If leadership is any indicator........things are looking promising for 2012 for the Demons. :thumbsu:

Just read on the net that Brian Leys is leaving the club and going back to Port Adelaide where he played a few seasons and won premierships. Seems like he's put Perth in a good position for 2012. Shame he can't hang around to see if we deliver on-field. I hope we can find someone else who can carry on all the good work.

Any news on good performers from scratchy on the weekend ?? Will of Perth's AFL listed players be running out in the red and black on the weekend/???

Any news on good performers from scratchy on the weekend ?? Will of Perth's AFL listed players be running out in the red and black on the weekend/???
Bit hard to gauge in a bit of a lack luster performance to be honest but in fairness to the players it was 39 degrees. Subi won by about 8 points and looked more determined. We are lacking any structure up forward and delivery has been poor. Julian Jacobs worked his arse off and was probably our best. Elari looks like he's got his head right and is in for a good season.

Had my first look at Simon Tunbridge and he looks a handy size, similar build to Zucconi but a touch taller. He will be help fill Zucca's shoes while he's away o/seas. A couple of kids to look out for are Reece Richardson and Tyler Chrimes. Reece has played in the league in the two scratchies and Chrimes in the magoo's. Richardson is a solidly built mid who really has a go and Chrimes i think plays half forward and is built like a first year Fyfe but has got some good skills.

Sierkierka made a comeback, unfortunately did a hammy before half time, didn't look good at all. Vidot went out in sympathy with him not long after and that was the end of Perth's chances on such a hot day.

The WAFL really need to review mid March games players were going down left right and centre with cramps. Thankfully Perth has an evening game next Saturday as they'll need every minute to recover.

Davis and Lower should come in as replacements.

The end result wasn't indicative of the play for most of the day as Perth struggled in the last quarter. Some really good signs with Young everywhere, Elari in the thick of it and Bevan showing he'll be more than handy. Spaandeman will give us some much needed quality rucking and leadership on the ground. Stack showed some flashes of brilliance and Alistair Smith was a solid contributor.

Claremont will be very tough to shake this year and Medhurst just knows the best thing to do every possession he gets.

Overall a tough day for all concerned but some very positive signs for Perth

Ended up going along today, and I'm not too disheartened; Claremont are a quality team, and I think when we had our whole team fit and firing we were more than matching it with them. :thumbsu:

I think Stack showed some good signs but probably needs to win a little bit more of the ball. Ali Smith was pretty good and Ash Smith was good at times but made some crucial errors as well.

Houghton might have been struggling/injured but I think he carried on like a bit of a pork chop and was a bit weak; maybe why Freo delisted him?

Ross Young should be playing AFL footy. :thumbsu:

RY came off near the end of the game looking a big proppy, hopefully just cramp or leather poisoning.

Houghton seemed to be cramping up every time he moved.

Agree with Flood and Thorne. Overall a very positive day for Perth. The reserves beat last years premiers very comfortably. We matched Claremont until we were down to 16 players versus 22. And we have players like Leon Davis, Simon Tunbridge, Daniel O'Sullivan, Haydn Busher, Julian Jacobs, Rob de Jongh, Tim Noakes and Andrew MacDougall to come in during the year. Zucchoni too maybe.

There is no doubt that Claremont are a quality team. But we beat them last years wuth a weaker team and I'm even more certain after Sunday's game that we can beat them this year.

Go demons!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with Flood and Thorne. Overall a very positive day for Perth. The reserves beat last years premiers very comfortably. We matched Claremont until we were down to 16 players versus 22. And we have players like Leon Davis, Simon Tunbridge, Daniel O'Sullivan, Haydn Busher, Julian Jacobs, Rob de Jongh, Tim Noakes and Andrew MacDougall to come in during the year. Zucchoni too maybe.

There is no doubt that Claremont are a quality team. But we beat them last years wuth a weaker team and I'm even more certain after Sunday's game that we can beat them this year.

Go demons!!!

A few questions regarding the players mentioned in this post...

- Is Tim Noakes an official Demon? His name wasn't in the Budget.

- What was wrong with Jacobs/Busher/Zucconi? What injuries do they have?

- Saw McDougall was on the boundary in a coaching role, is he planning on playing at all this year or just in a coaching role?

A few questions regarding the players mentioned in this post...

- Is Tim Noakes an official Demon? His name wasn't in the Budget.

- What was wrong with Jacobs/Busher/Zucconi? What injuries do they have?

- Saw McDougall was on the boundary in a coaching role, is he planning on playing at all this year or just in a coaching role?

Dont know about Jacobs didn't play ressies so i assume he's injured, ive heard that Busher could be missing for most of the year, Zucconi is overseas and should resume playing in the second half of the season same as Doogs.

Dont know about Jacobs didn't play ressies so i assume he's injured, ive heard that Busher could be missing for most of the year, Zucconi is overseas and should resume playing in the second half of the season same as Doogs.
I heard Busher flew east earlier in the week for hip operation,so he is a long way off as I understand it... They will want some more luck this week with injuries otherwise their rotations will be screwed again and every second bloke will finish up running up and down on the same spot as was the case last week in the last quarter....

I thought Spaandeman was Ok last week but wouldn't rave about it, he seemed to miss time alot of jumps at the centre bounce...

I thought Spaandeman was Ok last week but wouldn't rave about it, he seemed to miss time alot of jumps at the centre bounce...

Spaanderman was very disappointing on debut last week for mine. Mistimed most of his jumps at the ruck contests and dropped a lot of 'easy' contested marks which you would expect a dominant ruck in the WAFL like himself to take.

Lets hope the players are also feeling gutted and use this game to motivate them to greater heights for the remainder of the season.

I think last weeks game really took its toll in the end, just look at Claremont's last quarter yesterday. The coaches need to have a look at how they handled the situation too and a few players made dreadful decisions kicking to disadvantage!!

We played some really good footy in the 2nd and 3rd quarters so just need to get over last night very quickly and get a win on the board next Saturday.

Leon showed last night what an asset he'll be for the club , especially when he was moved forward, dittto Bevan

Tedesco did some fantastic work in the back-line with his marking a feature.

Tunbridge seemed to grow in confidence during the game and looks like he will settle into the back-line well.

JKT looked like he popped his shoulder so maybe missing next week. He hasn't appeared to be in the best of form this year.

I'd imagine Ashley Smith, McInnes , Lower and maybe Johnson would be available next week. Roberts has put a few games together now so maybe in line for a call up in the near future. Only saw a bit of the last quarter in the ressies but Fraser looked impressive in marking contests a few times.

A win an absolute must next week

Now that I've slept on it, there were some positives out of the night.

Leon Davis was amazing. Has the cleanest hands I've ever seen for a WAFL player and his skills by foot were unbelievable. Was an absolute pleasure to go to the game and watch him live. Still lacks some fitness; will be scary what he could do then.

Tedesco was superb again down back, held some big pack marks and used the ball well coming out of defence.

Number 23 (Roberts?) was really good; has a massive left boot and gets in great spots to get the footy. Was good last week as well.

Spaanderman was much better than last week, but didn't have any opposition of note.

Bevan was his usual reliable self and 4 goals capped a great game.

Fry was very good on debit; led lard, took nice grabs under pressure and in general used the ball well.

Trying to pick out the negatives in the last quarter but I can't find individuals that are to blame. As Remer said on BASEketball..."Well, it was a team effort, and I guess today it took everyone working together to lose this one."

Oh, and I told my mate at 3/4 time we'd lose. Wish I was a betting man. :(

Now that I've slept on it, there were some positives out of the night.

Leon Davis was amazing. Has the cleanest hands I've ever seen for a WAFL player and his skills by foot were unbelievable. Was an absolute pleasure to go to the game and watch him live. Still lacks some fitness; will be scary what he could do then.

Tedesco was superb again down back, held some big pack marks and used the ball well coming out of defence.

Number 23 (Roberts?) was really good; has a massive left boot and gets in great spots to get the footy. Was good last week as well.

Spaanderman was much better than last week, but didn't have any opposition of note.

Bevan was his usual reliable self and 4 goals capped a great game.

Fry was very good on debit; led lard, took nice grabs under pressure and in general used the ball well.

Trying to pick out the negatives in the last quarter but I can't find individuals that are to blame. As Remer said on BASEketball..."Well, it was a team effort, and I guess today it took everyone working together to lose this one."

Oh, and I told my mate at 3/4 time we'd lose. Wish I was a betting man. :(

23 is Matt Rogers, ivé slept on it as well and am still shattered worse loss i have seen since following the club and thats saying something, demoralising and imo the players will not recover from this and will not make the four.

Forgot Lower is still under suspension not sure how long for and if WAFL games count. he'd be a handy inclusion for a few weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back