Peter "Butters" Handscomb

Remove this Banner Ad

Surpassed your expectations so far.

yes, he's done very well in this innings, up to 30 as I type.

when I said he'd do very well to survive 20 overs though, I actually meant 'face 120 balls' but obviously I wasn't very clear.
Shaun Marsh deserves a pat on the back too.

Still 39 overs left for Australia to negotiate a draw; would be nice if Handscomb was there at the end, perhaps even eyeing off a ton - as I said earlier in this thread, Handscomb hasn't looked particularly uncomfortable on tour so far, but his inability to convert his starts was starting to become an issue. 120 balls/50-60 runs would be a solid pass mark from me on this 5th day pitch against a solid attack on foreign soil, hopefully he can surpass that expectation too ..

I haven't been too fussed with his tour. He's got plenty of starts, looked comfortable and played pretty sensibly. Mostly just been a bit unlucky, which happens in India.

Nice to see him playing well today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well today's the day for him to show a bit more.
tough circumstances, but he should be in no hurry and be eyeing the red ink.
in all honesty though he'll do very well to survive 20 overs here ..
Rapt with that effort from him last night to tough it out and steer us to a draw

Such a good innings yesterday. He hasn't had the best series so far, but he'll be a better player for the whole experience. I think people keep forgetting just how tough an Indian tour can be. The fact that we have two young players in Renshaw and Hanscomb playing solidly is a tremendous outcome. Throw in Smith, who has been brilliant... that's three players under 30 in our top order -- it's something to really build the side around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back