Peter Gabriel or Phil Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

AAh Focus!

Moving Waves ,Focus 3 and Hamburger Concerto-classssic.(Spinal Tap bassists voice)

Can!

John you have great tastes.

One day us proggers should ALL MEET UP AT A PUB AND BRING OUR CDS FOR THE DJ TO PLAY.

nOW THAT'S WHAT i CALL A DISCO LOL.

____ sorry bout the caps.

Your too kind. I had a thread going on prog if you are interested.

I am a fan of avant-garde as well so some, (not all) of this may well interest you.
I would be rapt if you found me some new stuff.

Your too kind. I had a thread going on prog if you are interested.

I am a fan of avant-garde as well so some, (not all) of this may well interest you.
I would be rapt if you found me some new stuff.

There's a band from Sweden that plays very Genesisy stuff-around the early Phil era mixed with bits of the Gabriel era.

They are brilliant.

Their name is Unifaun.

I think they have a debut album out very shortly.

http://www.unifaun-music.com/

Phil Collins has some cringeworthy songs but hes got some incredibly catchy songs (Lose my number) and In The Air Tonight is one of the best songs ive ever heard live. Fantastic drummer. Did a 15-20 minute drum solo to start his concert back...maybe in 92-93 I think it was. Great stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's 'uncool' to say it but i probably prefer Phil Collins

It sounds strange, but he actually has one of my favourite voices in music (although i like Pete's voice too,paticularly in 'Don't Give Up' where i think he sounds amazing)

Haven't heard a heap of Genesis when they were in their 'prog' phase when Gabriel was still with them ... but my favourite song of that period by them is when they went a bit mainstream and poppy with 'i know what i like (in your wardrobe)' ...which probably explains why i prefer the Collins as lead singer Genesis period

Never saw Phil Collins, but i saw Pete in 1994 at the syd. ent.cent and was a tiny bit disappointed

He has a reputation of being great live and maybe my hopes were up a little too much going into it...Although he certainly wasn't boring and he did some kooky stuff...like running around the whole stadium while singing solsbury hill ...he was certainly good, but not fantastic

Having said that,to be fair,it's not like i was a big fan...more a radio songs only fan

Thankfully being only a radio fan,he sang the hits which not all big performers do when they come out........games without frontiers,shock the monkey,sledgehammer,steam....didn't get 'don't give up' though unfortunately.... although i wasn't really expecting it with being a duet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back