Injury Petrenko leg injury 4- 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Bad timing for a player who desperately needs to find form. I wonder if this has anything to do with all the extra running. I'd imagine Petrenko would have a pretty demanding program given he has a reputation for lacking endurance.

In any case it looks like Cameron will get an extended run. Who else do we have who can play the small forward role? I don't think Lyons is quick enough to play that role for long.

---
Crows forward Jared Petrenko will be sidelined by a stress fracture in his lower right leg.

Petrenko had scans after reporting soreness in recent weeks. It is not the first time he has suffered this type of injury.

Crows General Manager- Football Administration Phil Harper said the talented forward would miss 4 – 6 weeks.

“Jared has been diagnosed with a small stress fracture and is wearing a moonboot,” Harper said.

“He requires rest before slowly building up his training workload, in preparation to play again.”
---

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-06-04/injury-sidelines-petrenko

EDIT: Mods feel free to close this thread. I just noticed we already have the injury tracker thread.

Disappointing for Pets, terrible timing for him. Hopefully Charlie makes the most of this extended run

it's bad that he's injured, but i don't feel a great deal of disappointment seeing this. definately gives charlie a great chance to cement his spot

Would Petrenko have any value whatsoever in a trade scenario? For example could we get a 3rd rounder for him that we can then bundle up with another 3rd rounder to get a 2nd rounder, etc, etc.

I - and many others - don't think he's got a future at our club but he at least fits the right age profile (early to mid 20s, played 50-100 games) that might attract another club.

Crows General Manager- Football Administration Phil Harper said the talented forward would miss 4 – 6 weeks.

All the best for his recovery but good to see we're throwing the word 'talented' around like it's no-one's business.

Amirite, Vader ?

I would have thought he'd have more value than LJ or Smack, but that's not really saying a lot.

Given the number of players we need to be turning over, we will need to accumulate as many R1-3 draft picks as possible. That means that trading 2x R3 picks for an R2 pick is probably not the smartest thing we could be doing.

In any case it looks like Cameron will get an extended run. Who else do we have who can play the small forward role? I don't think Lyons is quick enough to play that role for long.

I can see them throwing Laird forward for extended periods if they were to give Cameron a rest. Laird has the attack on the footy and pressure that the coaches seem to be after. Got a good kick too.

Not a big Petrenko fan.
Has never got a bag of goals despite playing most of his career up forward. Often I shake my head is a bit too cocky for my liking when he can't perform to a high level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is s**t news. Even if he isnt in our best 26 players, he is a good depth player. Probably ends his season.
I'd go one further and say it's the end of his career (at the Crows anyway). Not a Pets fan but it's never good to see players get hit with injury.

I suspect he's been carrying the injury for a while - and when he realised that Cameron had gone past him in the club's estimation, he made the very sensible decision to get it treated now to give him one more decent crack at the last 1/3 of the year to prove he still has something to offer the club.

But if his injury is 6 weeks and he would play a min of 2 SANFL games after this, I can't see how he could force himself into the team, I believe his season is shot. At his best he probably is C+ forward! unless Betts and other small forwards are injured he may not play for us ever again.

But if his injury is 6 weeks and he would play a min of 2 SANFL games after this, I can't see how he could force himself into the team, I believe his season is shot. At his best he probably is C+ forward! unless Betts and other small forwards are injured he may not play for us ever again.

Even with eight weeks before pressing again, he still would have enough time to prove he can play a role for next year and beyond. Of course, he needs to actually be good enough to do that as well, which is still up in the air.

Even with eight weeks before pressing again, he still would have enough time to prove he can play a role for next year and beyond. Of course, he needs to actually be good enough to do that as well, which is still up in the air.

His biggest weapon is his speed and tackling his skills is questionable in pressure situations, personally I don't see him back in our team if we have our best 26 players available. Which given a good run is what may happen when he returns to the SANFL.

This probably hurts the ravens more than it hurts the Crows.

Hopefully Betts or Cameron don't get injured otherwise we end up with Porps. And we all know what form he's in.

In all seriousness, I can't see this being the end of Petrenko's career. It's very hard to see him being delisted, given the sheer volume of dead wood we have to get through before his name gets raised. Hopefully he won't play too many more AFL games, but should be on the list in 2015 as a depth player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back