Family & Relationships Petty Dealbreakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Rule of thumb is in 7s.

Half your age +7 = minimum.
Double your age -7 = maximum.

32/2 +7 = 23.
32*2 -7 = 57.

Hmmm. I'm not sure who made this rule.

WTF? That gives me 24-61. That's practically the whole gammit.

My age range would be 25-37. Don't know I'd want to date someone more than a few years older.

Voice is important. Don't like those husky pack a day voices that sound like a bloke. Also at the other end can't stand those loud piercing screechy types that drill through your bones.

Someone who bitches about sport/other special interest. Not as in doesn't like it but when it comes on feels the need to constantly moan about it.

No doubt.

screen-shot-2016-02-11-at-2-27-05-pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tennis is the only one I can think of that may come close. In terms of high paying sports, that is - I'm sure female netballers bring in more revenue than men, but they'd hardly be making millions.

If you played men and women on different days there's no ******* way they would get the same crowds as the men. Also, men don't play professional netball...if they did, it would be a better spectacle and they would get more people.

Tennis is the only one I can think of that may come close. In terms of high paying sports, that is - I'm sure female netballers bring in more revenue than men, but they'd hardly be making millions.

Female netballers make 2/5 of SFA. For a while the (now defunct) ANZ Championship had to pay Channel 10 to broadcast their games. If there is a men's national league or representative team I've never heard of it.

As far as tennis goes, the WTA tour piggybacks off the ATP tour. If the two ran separately the gap in attendances, sponsorship etc. and prize money would be huge.

Female netballers make 2/5 of SFA. For a while the (now defunct) ANZ Championship had to pay Channel 10 to broadcast their games. If there is a men's national league or representative team I've never heard of it.

As far as tennis goes, the WTA tour piggybacks off the ATP tour. If the two ran separately the gap in attendances, sponsorship etc. and prize money would be huge.
Average salary for a netball player is 65k which at least allows them to pursue a fully professional career, and you'd think the top internationals would do quite a bit better than that.

Agreed²

65k isn't a lot when you only have about a 10 year career if you make it that far. If the top players are getting 2-300k then that's good coin even for a few seasons. They have a pretty good salary cap setup though in terms of recognising it being a part time sport for many players and that it's a sport for women.

I think people get lost in the 'men vs women' debate and forget that outside the major comps on TV most athletes barely make a living from their chosen sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back