Gallery Photography thread - painting pictures with light

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that soldier about to bust yo ass?

Yes, he wasn’t happy - I pretended I was taking a picture of the skyline and then scanned down to him. He clocked me as soon as I snapped him and waggled his finger at me. I slunk off into central station.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Milan at night - I think most cities are prettier at night.
27072558_10210940523012257_4548239798279501894_n.jpg

The wedding cake cathedral

27545691_10210940522972256_4908254325716545663_n.jpg

Naviglia

River Cottage had me thinking that'd be a pretty special part of England. Your knack for capturing a landscape, in crap weather at that, has me thinking no different.

What are your impressions being there in person tesla1962 ?

River Cottage had me thinking that'd be a pretty special part of England. Your knack for capturing a landscape, in crap weather at that, has me thinking no different.

What are your impressions being there in person tesla1962 ?
The coastal landscape is awesome and the geology and history make it much more than just pretty views. It was a great weekend and I would love to spend more time down there. There are a set of villages, including Corfe and Abbotsbury, which are amazing. However, my next jaunt out west will see me bypassing Dorset and heading for Cornwall. Really, it's all fascinating to me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty more where this came from, but probably the single best picture I took on the trip. This was our lunch view at Mount Fitz Roy, Patagonia, Argentina, on January 18 this year. I promise the photo has not been altered or enhanced at all:

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.55.14 am.png

Great shot. Doesn't even look real. Looks more like an illustration or painting. You should get a hard copy and frame it or something.
Funny, you're not the first to say that it doesn't look real. I can barely believe it was either.

I am actually going to get it printed and framed in the next few days!

South America photos incoming

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 9.42.49 am.png
Villarica - an active volcano just shy of 3,000 metres high that we climbed, overlooking Pucon in central southern Chile. After climbing it we then slid down most of the way on our arses through the ice until we hit the snowline.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.10.52 pm.png
Guanacos beneath the towers of Torres Del Paine - far southern Chile. Torres Del Paine is a magical place.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.18.42 pm.png
Lake Nordenskjold in Torres del Paine.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.19.10 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.19.33 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.20.07 pm.png
Three different shots from Perito Moreno Glacier, near El Calafate, Patagonia, Argentina. Yes, the last one was an ice walk onto the glacier itself - an unforgettable experience that I would recommend to everyone.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.33.28 pm.png
Aconcagua - the highest mountain of the Andes, the highest mountain of the Americas, the highest mountain of the southern hemisphere and in fact the highest mountain in the world outside Asia. It's just a touch under 7,000 metres high, and although it falls just on the Argentine side of the watershed of the Andes that divides it from Chile, it's also only about 100km from Chile's capital Santiago. You can also make out porters and donkeys in the foreground, who are there to service the climbers. For perspective, this shot was taken from 18km short of the actual summit as the crow flies, and from 3,000 metres elevation. The shot actually kind of frustratingly doesn't give full perspective on just how ******* enormous Aconcagua is.

Last edited:
South America photos incoming

View attachment 494212
Villarica - an active volcano just shy of 3,000 metres high that we climbed, overlooking Pucon in central southern Chile. After climbing it we then slid down most of the way on our arses through the ice until we hit the snowline.

View attachment 494214
Guanacos beneath the towers of Torres Del Paine - far southern Chile. Torres Del Paine is a magical place.

View attachment 494220
Lake Nordenskjold in Torres del Paine.

View attachment 494222 View attachment 494223 View attachment 494224
Three different shots from Perito Moreno Glacier, near El Calafate, Patagonia, Argentina. Yes, the last one was an ice walk onto the glacier itself - an unforgettable experience that I would recommend to everyone.

View attachment 494229
Aconcagua - the highest mountain of the Andes, the highest mountain of the Americas, the highest mountain of the southern hemisphere and in fact the highest mountain in the world outside Asia. It's just a touch under 7,000 metres high, and although it falls just on the Argentine side of the watershed of the Andes that divides it from Chile, it's also only about 100km from Chile's capital Santiago. You can also make out porters and donkeys in the foreground, who are there to service the climbers. For perspective, this shot was taken from 18km short of the actual summit as the crow flies, and from 3,000 metres elevation. The shot actually kind of frustratingly doesn't give full perspective on just how ******* enormous Aconcagua is.
love the torres del paine shots!

love the torres del paine shots!
It's difficult to put into words how beautiful it is. I will try and do so in the travel thread however! Although I must say I find it impossible to score either Torres del Paine or the Fitz Roy section of Los Glacieres in Argentina above each other; they were both out of this world and I look at these photos and think they do them scant justice, to be honest. Places so beautiful that they take your breath away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back