Games & Recreation Photography: Who's into it what Camera and Lens do you have and show us some of pictures thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DSC_0317-1_zps9372ca04.jpg

Don't put yourself or others in danger though. :)
Pretty sure it is still closed through there, I'm house sitting in Adelaide but need to go back home tonight to Mannum, usually I'd go straight through chain of ponds which is where the fires are hence me saying i would get pics but it is still road blocked. I will go home via freeway tonight, might be able to get some smoke cloud shots

I got a Canon 1200D for christmas.

I've been experimenting with settings and some minor post processing (focusing mainly on getting the camera settings right first) despite not having any prior experience other than iphone or cheap digital camera photography.

Any tips or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

city_small.jpg

b&w log_small.jpg

Belinda Sunset_small.jpg

Sorry for bump if people didn't want it bumped but I wanted to show a few as I have recently began Photography for a hobby.

Olympus E-300
14-45mm
0.38m-1.3ft

10417613_1456012647972622_6777311480652824632_n_zps6e7ca612.jpg

- No editing apart from the number plate blurs.

P1010092_zps7482c756.jpg

P1010088_zpsc35c5eab.jpg

- Took both yesterday on my veranda.

Am very open to help, as I want to improve. I find the last shot of the Kookaburra to be a little blurry, possibly?
The first 2 are good and the 3rd is slightly blurred. If shooting birds use the lowest (highest) F stop. Such as F2 or F4 (your lens 3.5-5.6)

I also shoot with Olympus (E30) and your Lens is a basic kit lens, which is great for day photography and can also handle night photography but if you can afford $400 odd dollars to replace your current lens, get the 12-54 or a little more expensive the 12-60mm. (It's cheaper to buy from dealers in USA)

I have the 11-22 / 12-54 / 50mm and a couple of legacy lens.

I was given my first Camera for Christmas, a Nikon D3300 with 55-200 lens. I don't expect it to be that amazing since I'm just starting and it's my first camera.

I'm still learning the settings and all that, I'm getting there with the artistic side though.

I was given my first Camera for Christmas, a Nikon D3300 with 55-200 lens. I don't expect it to be that amazing since I'm just starting and it's my first camera.

I'm still learning the settings and all that, I'm getting there with the artistic side though.
Any camera can be amazing, its how you use it & what you can get out of it.

The learning in photography is endless - trying new techniques in different situations etc. There's always something that is changing.

Stick at it, it's a great hobby and can be very rewarding whwn you get a shot that you're proud of.

Nothing wrong with that camera , the lens is a great all purpose one. As you get more into photography you can then purchase lenses to suit what you want. I'm into astrophotography so I use a fast wide angle lens. I also have a lens attachment for macro shots. Try using manual mode rather than just automatic as this will teach you how aperture and shutter speeds affect shots. If you want a good photography forum to visit which has sub forums specific for camera types and styles I can pm it to you

Any camera can be amazing, its how you use it & what you can get out of it.

The learning in photography is endless - trying new techniques in different situations etc. There's always something that is changing.

Stick at it, it's a great hobby and can be very rewarding whwn you get a shot that you're proud of.

Yeah I've been wanting to get into it for a while now, just the money and all that was the one things holding me back haha

Nothing wrong with that camera , the lens is a great all purpose one. As you get more into photography you can then purchase lenses to suit what you want. I'm into astrophotography so I use a fast wide angle lens. I also have a lens attachment for macro shots. Try using manual mode rather than just automatic as this will teach you how aperture and shutter speeds affect shots. If you want a good photography forum to visit which has sub forums specific for camera types and styles I can pm it to you

Yeah I have been using it in manual, I don't see much point in such a camera if I was just going to be using it in auto haha. That would be good thanks

Have spots on my mirror. I opened it up and tried to blow but didn't really help. Local quote for 85 bucks for a clean. Surely that's a piss take?

Pretty common in Australia I reckon. I had the same thing, got a quote for $80 after the little lens blower didnt do the job. Told them to shove it as I was going to the States a couple of weeks after where they did it for $18 or something.

I've always appreciated photography and hope to start getting into it soon and buy a good camera + accessories. I really want to get into landscape and nature photography in particular, but I imagine i'll have a go at most forms. The problem I have as an absolute novice is that I have no idea where to start for information for beginners, what to look for in a camera and how to choose one. All the sites and YouTube videos I've gone through so far are littered with jargon and assume some knowledge on photography and lingo. I know absolutely nothing. Any tips or ideas about what I should do? I'm not completely useless with a camera, I've had a play around with my dad's new camera (couldn't tell you the what it is), which had a zoom lens (correct term?). I've taken a few alright shots of birds with it. Any help and feedback is welcome!

P.S Some really cool photos in here. Look forward to (hopefully) contributing a little more.

Wattle2_zps17cba599.jpg

Wattle1_zpsb9f10918.jpg

Rosella_zps6cbda60c.jpg

Wren_zps8b405379.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are great shots Holy Foley! , would love to know what camera and lens size you used , they look really sharp. The best place I have found with camera and photography info is www.dpreview.com , you can do side by side camera comparisons and there are forums for each brand of camera and forums for specific types of photography. I managed to spot a couple of whistling kites today and a wedge tailed eagle the other week, when I get on my computer I'll post them up

They are great shots Holy Foley! , would love to know what camera and lens size you used , they look really sharp. The best place I have found with camera and photography info is www.dpreview.com , you can do side by side camera comparisons and there are forums for each brand of camera and forums for specific types of photography. I managed to spot a couple of whistling kites today and a wedge tailed eagle the other week, when I get on my computer I'll post them up

Thanks man. That Whistling Kite shot is a beaut. Shame the light wasn't great for the Wedge-tailed. I've had a look at that site and I've got a lot of reading to do! I also went into a camera store today to ask for advice etc and one of the ones that was recommended is the one that I used for the above shots (or at east one of the very close models)- Olympus OM-D E-M10 with what would either be an Olympus OMD 40-150mm f4-5.6 or Olympus OMD 75-300mm Mkii tele-lense.

The light for the eagle was terrible, it was 6am and cloudy, I was just happy it stayed there for me to get a photo. Just need my wife to let me buy a 1k telephoto lens and I can stay in my car to shoot

Nice pic. You need something in the foreground of these shots, and while I would have never thought of having a TV antenna it looks really cool. Good job.
Yeah normally I would make the picture look a bit better, but I was in the backyard with my lad just star gazing so there wasn't a lot of choice. There wAs a lot of light pollution around too so the Milky Way doesn't pop out as much as other shots done later in the evening

ShinbonerBaz , I commented on your photos re the photos from a couple of posts back. But found them unsent . The orangatan's and gorilla's expressions are priceless :)
Thanks, the orangutan one is a little 'soft' due to being taken through glass, but hey that's Photography at the zoo for ya.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back