Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

ahhh ok ... not getting the point, or at least why you've quoted my post to make your point

He's become a topic of debate, like it or not, due to what happened on draft night. I have no judgment on the guy and won't until he begins kicking a ball on TV next year. Defend the claims of 'arrogance' if you feel the need though.

He's become a topic of debate, like it or not, due to what happened on draft night. I have no judgment on the guy and won't until he begins kicking a ball on TV next year. Defend the claims of 'arrogance' if you feel the need though.

ahhh i didn't make any such claims ... but ok ... defend your right to claim it ... i will follow his career, as many of us will, with interest

ahhh i didn't make any such claims ... but ok ... defend your right to claim it ... i will follow his career, as many of us will, with interest

Yep, he'll be one of 40ish with a shot at it. A few have called Simmo arrogant, hasn't hurt his football. I think I've had enough of arguing our future now, would prefer the side does it.

I’ve been watching his highlights and his vision on the training track and racking my brain for weeks as to who he reminds me of.

I’m not sure how quick Liam actually is in terms of explosiveness off the mark/out of the contest but his movement with the ball in hand reminds me of Daniel Kerr.

I’ve been watching his highlights and his vision on the training track and racking my brain for weeks as to who he reminds me of.

I’m not sure how quick Liam actually is in terms of explosiveness off the mark/out of the contest but his movement with the ball in hand reminds me of Daniel Kerr.
I thought so too. Combination of neat skils by hand/foot, inside player, low centre of gravity and agility.

If he gets anywhere near that good, look out. Walsh, Dow and Fish will be the huge beneficiaries, as he clears the ball to them before laying the tackler out fairly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny felt bigger, taller, more solid and yet lower and harder at the ball, kind of like a purer ball player version of the player Mitch Robinson could've been. Didn't see that in Stocker, nor did Hayes have his sidestep.

Not really when discussing physical attributes:

Lenny Hayes = 186 & 83
Simon Black = 185 & 82
Sam Walsh = 184 & will get bigger obviously

Liam Stocker - 184 & 84
Heavier than Hayes & Black already, apparently. Too heavy probably and would have likely dropped some of that weight for now.

Still think Walsh is a little taller than Stocker. maybe it's just because he looks more elegant.

A bit of Leigh Matthews about him, collect 40 possessions in the middle then rest in the forward line given his tank and kick 7 goals.

But he won't win a Brownlow!
Can’t win awards, he plays for Carlton.

If he gets traded to another club, he will be 30% better instantly.

A bit of Leigh Matthews about him, collect 40 possessions in the middle then rest in the forward line given his tank and kick 7 goals.

But he won't win a Brownlow!
If he's like Skilton he will win 3, and the Crows supporters still won't know who he is.

I think that was my initial comparison but have thought more about being similar to Andrew lately, could be more in look vs output.

I see Andrew as more of a balanced mid, where Angus is more an inside version, but hard for him to play that role when they have Oliver, Viney and Jones

I reckon he reminds me of a kid I haven't seen play AFL yet - umm think his name is Stocker.

Recruiters say, that if a player doesn't remind them of an existing/past player, they probably won't make it