Picola & District South East 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very quiet on here over easter break but what a round of footy coming up this weekend with probably the top 4 teams playing against each other!! Tunga v rennie should be a blockbuster and would think since rennie went down to katunga a few weeks back im sure they would be comping at the bit to prove to the rest of the comp they are a force!! At the moment stop strawhorn and that will go along way to tunga beaten them so i predict tunga by 13 points!!! Waaia v shepp east also a big game and the improving waaia will be a huge test for the eagles and with the meylands and cowan and these types it shapes up as a cracker:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Very quiet on here over easter break but what a round of footy coming up this weekend with probably the top 4 teams playing against each other!! Tunga v rennie should be a blockbuster and would think since rennie went down to katunga a few weeks back im sure they would be comping at the bit to prove to the rest of the comp they are a force!! At the moment stop strawhorn and that will go along way to tunga beaten them so i predict tunga by 13 points!!! Waaia v shepp east also a big game and the improving waaia will be a huge test for the eagles and with the meylands and cowan and these types it shapes up as a cracker:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Will be a very interesting weekend of footy, as you say wash with as it would seem at the moment the top teams playing off against each other anything could happen and will be a good contest all round.

But not just the top teams it gives the teams that have so far struggled the opportunity to have a win and maybe correct a wayward start after the easter break and build some confidence.....

big pat on the back to waaia beating shep east, i suspect the shep boys on here will be a little more subdued from now on and if the cash cows beat em next week that could be 2 defeats in a row maybe time to sack the coach haha

big pat on the back to waaia beating shep east, i suspect the shep boys on here will be a little more subdued from now on and if the cash cows beat em next week that could be 2 defeats in a row maybe time to sack the coach haha

Ive been saying that for a while now!!! ;)
Dunno whats going on - 1st week in about 10 years I haven't gone to the footy and they get rolled. From all reports it was a reasonable game and Waaia just had their measure everytime they threatened. Good for the comp - It makes this week super important for SE, Rennie & Tunga to see who is the head cocko in PDFL Div 1. Tunga did SE a fav by getting rolled by the Hoppers. Do the hoppers have something over the Bears???? Time will tell. Hopefully the ordinary weather won't eventuate this week as it would be good to see the hoppers & the eagles on a fine May day go around. I better make sure I get there this week so they don't drop 2 in a row:eek: Shaping up as a good comp.:thumbsu:
On a side note, I reckon the ol stats man is doing a good job on One FM every Sat morning. A bit more "lively" than the ol presidente' in years gone past.

Cha-Ching!!!!:eek:

ha ha! at least you're being humorous about this unlike the other boy/girl on this forum from shep e. i can guarantee you the odds are heavily stacked against craig going out to hopperland. obviously a slow news week for the border mail football writers. should be a big tick for this comp with the likes of wildy and craig playing in it to go along with the well credentialled footballers running out for some of the other clubs. a lot of yarra and mul people who always said that the coreen and tunga leagues were sh#t footy. they would have walked away impressed with the crowd size and standard of the footy. early days yet but this is a high standard and even district comp. will be a flag to savour for the club that gets it this year.

i can guarantee you the odds are heavily stacked against craig going out to hopperland. obviously a slow news week for the border mail football writers.

should be a big tick for this comp with the likes of wildy and craig playing in it to go along with the well credentialled footballers running out for some of the other clubs. a lot of yarra and mul people who always said that the coreen and tunga leagues were sh#t footy. they would have walked away impressed with the crowd size and standard of the footy. early days yet but this is a high standard and even district comp. will be a flag to savour for the club that gets it this year.

contradicting post is contradicting? :confused:

you say he's going nowhere then say he is?

contradicting post is contradicting? :confused:

you say he's going nowhere then say he is?

yeah you're right. i shoulda put a big "if" in front of the comment about craig coming into the pdfl. i'm no wordsmith bourky! trying to say that it is big tick that craig would even consider playing in this comp given his high standards. good thing for the comp when blokes out of the gv, o&m and top metro leagues willing to play with our clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear that the GF this year in the both South East & North West comps is to be played at Barooga, What is your thoughts on this anyone?

Barooga... maybe the decision was made because it will be far too hard to predict who will make the GFs due to the evenness of both comps. Round 5 is coming up and it looks like it is up for grabs.

I personally don't like 'selling out' finals to big leagues. The KDFL has done it with their GF being at Mooroopna for the past 3 years.

Maybe the SE one could be at Deakin! :eek::eek:

Barooga... maybe the decision was made because it will be far too hard to predict who will make the GFs due to the evenness of both comps. Round 5 is coming up and it looks like it is up for grabs.

I personally don't like 'selling out' finals to big leagues. The KDFL has done it with their GF being at Mooroopna for the past 3 years.

Maybe the SE one could be at Deakin! :eek::eek:

Playing GF's in NSW would avoid the Victorian security issues ?

good to see rennie are off to a nice start this year! can anyone tell me how dan 'the man' mangen is travelling? i caught a few whispers he has been tearing games apart and living up to his nicknames 'the duck' and 'roo boy'. what a superstar!!!

Should be a great game btw Rennie & Shepp East this weekend. We will really find out how good Rennie are and if the Eagles can bounce back from there loss last week. Should be a ripper.
When can we expect Endie to play?

Very disappointing effort yesterday against Tungamah. 4 goals up with ten minutes to go and we coughed it up. :thumbsdown:

Bad news for Katunga with Jake Hodgkin going down with an ankle injury looks like he will be out for 5 to 6 weeks at least.
Makes the comp very interesting with Dookie beating Waiaa.
Looks at this stage of the year that it is anyones premiership

Cracker of a game out at Shepp East on Sat with a real shoot out.
Thought the hoppers were in for a good day with big No3 clamping a couple early and drilling from long range. To Frostys credit became real nuisance value and even showed the big bloke a clean pair of heels on more than one occasion with some good rebound footy. I thought the Bye v Strawhorn clash was great with Strawny getting seven with some sublime hands and crisp delivery from the hopper midfielders. He doesn't miss too often so only needs 8-10 touches to really hurt the opposition. I thought Bye did fairly well considering. You could've had silvagni on him a couple of times and still wouldn't have stopped him. The No 9 fo Rennie was good (nice left peg on him) I thought and Wildey was dangerous early until young Marchy went to him in a ranga-off. I reckon Marchy got the chocolates as I thought Wildeys influence wasn't anywhere near as potent as in the first stanza. Besty was good for the home side with the men in white looking favourably on him a couple of times. I thought the eagles got some soft ones but in general thought the two blokes in the middle did a pretty good job and let the game flow to be a entertaining and skilful game of footy to watch. Hope there is more to come this year. And with Dooks rolling the Bombers, she is a pretty open field.
Dare I say it that J.Palmy may have to start in the early game with the Eagles unearthing a genuine superstar in Gibson up fwd.:thumbsu:
Can anyone tell me if big Mango got booked or just sent off - He was getting a little hot under the collar with some indirect footy causing him grief.

Cracker of a game out at Shepp East on Sat with a real shoot out.
Thought the hoppers were in for a good day with big No3 clamping a couple early and drilling from long range. To Frostys credit became real nuisance value and even showed the big bloke a clean pair of heels on more than one occasion with some good rebound footy. I thought the Bye v Strawhorn clash was great with Strawny getting seven with some sublime hands and crisp delivery from the hopper midfielders. He doesn't miss too often so only needs 8-10 touches to really hurt the opposition. I thought Bye did fairly well considering. You could've had silvagni on him a couple of times and still wouldn't have stopped him. The No 9 fo Rennie was good (nice left peg on him) I thought and Wildey was dangerous early until young Marchy went to him in a ranga-off. I reckon Marchy got the chocolates as I thought Wildeys influence wasn't anywhere near as potent as in the first stanza. Besty was good for the home side with the men in white looking favourably on him a couple of times. I thought the eagles got some soft ones but in general thought the two blokes in the middle did a pretty good job and let the game flow to be a entertaining and skilful game of footy to watch. Hope there is more to come this year. And with Dooks rolling the Bombers, she is a pretty open field.
Dare I say it that J.Palmy may have to start in the early game with the Eagles unearthing a genuine superstar in Gibson up fwd.:thumbsu:
Can anyone tell me if big Mango got booked or just sent off - He was getting a little hot under the collar with some indirect footy causing him grief.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I heard mango did get reported but not sure if he took the week or he is going to fight it, was there much in it?

I heard mango did get reported but not sure if he took the week or he is going to fight it, was there much in it?

Was talking to there coach after the game and im pretty sure he has takin a week set penalty!! Waaia and rennie both coming off a loss so the loser of that game will be pushed back in the pack a bit, should be a ripper of a game!!:thumbsu:

From where I saw it, the intend was there (you know the ol' thro the elbow) but I don't think the intention was to knock his block off. I reckon half way through it he pulled up, so a bit stiff to get booked, but it looked pretty ordinary so a send off was probably justice seeing he made some high contact with the forearm.

Looking at Form, Briggsy from Katandra would have to be up there in the medal so far. Who else has been racking them up. I reckon the **** roach at the eagles would be getting a few votes early too! Cowan seem to be in there better players each week too. Might have a 5 or 6 way tie for the medal this year:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back