Competitions Pieman 2020 Rd 12 v Adelaide Sun 16 Aug 1:05pm (Metricon)

Remove this Banner Ad

A home game v Adelaide at Metricon. Who would have predicted that six months ago?

If you want a banker this week make sure you nominate him in this thread before match start time.

Here are the bankers you have left. Anyone with 6 or more left is in "use it or lose it" territory.

1597150871993.png

Here are your teams:

1597150930370.png

And here's the leaderboard so you know what you've got to do!

1597151021575.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS Rd 12 v Adelaide

Lots of goals at Metricon today with a season high score. Could easily have been more, but 16 of them is still something to savour in the Pieman comp.

NB: I did find a small bug (mea culpa) in the software which I think I've fixed. Scores should now be correct but if you think you've been robbed please let me know.

Pieman Player of the Week

For all his career best 6 goals Aaron Naughton couldn't beat Ben Cavarra for PPotW. Ben's two goals were also a (2 game) career high.

1597574156538.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Nobody made any dents in Vandermeer's huge lead.

1597574563247.png

The KELVIN
Some big scores this week. Especially the two who named Naughton as banker.
Congrats to Charlie Bucket (325) who pipped Easty (312).

Each year we get a few of what I call "zombie" entries - people who enter the comp but drop out of contact for whatever reason. The best way to pick them is they don't trade and they never nominate a banker. Buckingham is one of those. It's a shame because if he'd nominated Naughton this week he'd have blitzed the Kelvin with a score in the high 300s. Even without the banker he managed a creditable third (256).

1597574743578.png

The PIEMAN
I wasn't expecting any of our leading three Vandermeerians to nominate a banker this week. I thought they'd hold on until he returned from his "managed" break. But it seems the lure of a potentially high scoring game against Adelaide was too much of a temptation for two of them. They took very different paths. ossie_21 plonked for the reliable Mitch Wallis who ended up with two uncharacteristic misses from set shots. Charlie Bucket's choice of Naughton was inspired even though Aaron had only kicked 3 goals all year. It even drew a mid-match compliment from ossie_21 which you can read here.

So even without Vandermeer CB has managed to win another Kelvin and has leapt from second to a 174 point lead. However it ain't over yet folks. CB only has 2 bankers left while ossie has 3 and the patient Wocka has 4. There could still be a late twist as the season concludes.

Meanwhile there's a tight battle for the wooden spoon with TedDougChris (413) just ahead of SayerTheCreator (412).

1597575400821.png

For those interested in the trial comp that started today - Pieman Mk II - I hope to post the results later this evening.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back