Pink - Dear Mr President

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddyisGod

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I caught this on radio the other day, has there ever been a worse, more hypocritical 'protest' song than this? I've hated Pink for as long as i can remember, but this is just plumbing the depths

the lines that really get me are...

Let me tell you 'bout hard work
Minimum wage with a baby on the way
Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away
Building a bed out of a cardboard box
Hard work
Hard work
You don't know nothing 'bout hard work

All problems that face a multi-million dollar manufactured pop product daily i'm sure :rolleyes: Plus she's insinuating that being President of the US is one of the easiest jobs in the world and she could do it so much better. As much as we all hate George. W. i'm sure it's not a ****ing easy job running one of the biggest, most hated countries in the world.

Pink also said when she released this song that it would never be released as a single, because it was 'too important to be perceived as a publicity stunt.' Very admirable of her, had she not released the song as a single in Australia, New Zealand, all of the UK and 11 other countries in Europe.

Conveniently she released it when it's cool to knock the president though, so she won't have the same problems the Dixie Chicks did and can pander to an increasingly anti-bush America.

In summary, probably the worst song i've heard for the year and would be vying for the worst protest song i've ever heard.

Yeah agreed, saw the film clip for it on tv with all the videos of dying babies and then cutting to George Bush smiling etc.

Joke of a song really, pathetic.

Hypocritical bitch. Die.

Agree, particularly with the lyrics:
* Minimum wage with a baby on the way - she is getting a very healthy income, that won't be an issue for her
* Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away - she probably lives in a mansion in LA r a luxury apartment in NY
* Building a bed out of a cardboard box - yep, will never be an issue for her

:thumbsdown:

what if an unknown s hit-pedalling artist had of released it,then what of it?

Agree, particularly with the lyrics:
* Minimum wage with a baby on the way - she is getting a very healthy income, that won't be an issue for her
* Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away - she probably lives in a mansion in LA r a luxury apartment in NY
* Building a bed out of a cardboard box - yep, will never be an issue for her

:thumbsdown:

how is that relevant?

She is commenting on society under Bush's rule not her life

You also have no idea how she contributes to the under unprivileged, or if she has friends or family affected by some of these issues, or has approached these issues.

to come out and blatantly accuse her of hypocrisy is ridiculously ignorant and shows a distinct lack of understanding of the song

I dont really like Pink at all but I think this is a pretty solid song which addresses more issues then simply anti-war

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is such an aweful song - easily the worst of the year... single worst protest song ever.

The best protest songs have sub text where you have to read between the lines a little with interesting lyrics, this song is just a straight edge protest that would have taken about 15 minutes to right

And that "let me tell you bout hard work" bridge is god aweful

Ive never has a baby or broken my leg but I reckon it may hurt...

does the fact its never happened to me make my statement any less true?
way to not get the point:rolleyes:
completely different

well i never listen to this and never had, so cant say i exactly hate it..

but the best anti-Bush, protest song is easily Eminem - Mosh

"Rebel with a rebel yell, raise hell we gon' let em know,
Stomp, push up, mush, F*CK Bush, until they bring our troops home come on, just . . ." - probably the only artist with the balls to say that:thumbsu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOLMVQa0KD8

Oh yeah.. Eminem man... cool. F*ck um.. whos cool to hate at the moment.. oh yeah... f*uck Bush.

I dont mind protest songs.. but they have to be at least half decent.

If I want to listen to leftist rant I'll listen to Pink Floyd or Midnight Oil, thank you very much :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back