Player Stats

Remove this Banner Ad

bombersboy

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone else curious as to why the player stats on the club site and in the AFL Record have not been updated from last year apart from change in personal. Ryan Abbott was reported to have bulked up over the summer but is still listed at 100 kilos the same weight as last year. Also one of the draftees Ben Jarvis is shown as being 189 cms and 65 kilos. Looking at him I would have thought he was at least 10-15 kilos heavier than that.

If the details are not going to be accurate at the start of the year then why bother publishing them? I am interested each year to look and see how the young players are developing and where some of the older players shed some kilos to help with injuries or with pace.

Anyone else curious as to why the player stats on the club site and in the AFL Record have not been updated from last year apart from change in personal. Ryan Abbott was reported to have bulked up over the summer but is still listed at 100 kilos the same weight as last year. Also one of the draftees Ben Jarvis is shown as being 189 cms and 65 kilos. Looking at him I would have thought he was at least 10-15 kilos heavier than that.

If the details are not going to be accurate at the start of the year then why bother publishing them? I am interested each year to look and see how the young players are developing and where some of the older players shed some kilos to help with injuries or with pace.
A perennial complaint, sometimes they alter them later in the season, and sometimes they don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back