Status
Not open for further replies.

caMoGFC

Bigfooty Super Elite
Jul 24, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
resistance 2 looked alot better than 1....though neither were anything special.

also i'm not sure about the latest ratchet and clank....the first one i was truly wowed by...but the second full release didn't seem to have the same wow factor.
i think that may be more due to art direction not being as good as in the first on the ps3. still a sexy looking game though

Re: Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and something else) III

onyacoxy said:
how longs it take to get a ps3 thats YLODed fixed?

It differs for each model and I also don't think the actual problem has much to do with the turnaround time, its pretty much a flat time no matter what problem. My one (60gb) took 15 business days I think, but newer models take less.

On that note to other owners of the 60gb, have you guys had to send your consoles in for repair? I have twice, both for faulty Blu-ray drives. I also think I may have to again, sometimes after I play for a while, turn it off then later (couple of hours) come back and turn it on again the fan goes into overdrive and the console turns itself off. Sometimes I have to repeatedly do this 7-8 times till it actually turns on properly.
I get the feeling I really shouldn't be continually doing it, I should just leave it to cool down. :p

Thank God for Sony and their Bravia Promotion! :D
Only a couple more weeks until I get my new Slim!

My ps3 got the YLOD about 2 months ago, I managed to fix it using a hairdryer/cooling fan and I was just happy to get all my saves onto a USB, let alone have it work for another 8 weeks.

It got the YLOD again a few days ago, I did the hairdryer thing again and it fixed it again, but then yesterday on startup it said it couldn't find the hard drive, so I decided its time to get a new one.

I saw a deal with the 250gb with playTV and RDR for $588, its too bad I ordered RDR online about a week ago so I might just give it to a mate. For now its back to the old ps2

It differs for each model and I also don't think the actual problem has much to do with the turnaround time, its pretty much a flat time no matter what problem. My one (60gb) took 15 business days I think, but newer models take less.

On that note to other owners of the 60gb, have you guys had to send your consoles in for repair? I have twice, both for faulty Blu-ray drives. I also think I may have to again, sometimes after I play for a while, turn it off then later (couple of hours) come back and turn it on again the fan goes into overdrive and the console turns itself off. Sometimes I have to repeatedly do this 7-8 times till it actually turns on properly.
I get the feeling I really shouldn't be continually doing it, I should just leave it to cool down. :p

Thank God for Sony and their Bravia Promotion! :D
Only a couple more weeks until I get my new Slim!
My mate is having the same fan issues as you at the moment with his 60GB model. It was repaired about this time last year and since then everytime he turns it on about 5 minutes later the fan goes up to ridiculous rates. He put a video up on youtube of it as well. It's crazy loud. It doesn't turn off though which is probably a bit worse to an extent. He's worried it'll end up breaking down soon, I think he still has it under warranty so will be ok for him if it does though.

But a fan being extremely loud is definitely the first sign that things will be going awry.
My ps3 got the YLOD about 2 months ago, I managed to fix it using a hairdryer/cooling fan and I was just happy to get all my saves onto a USB, let alone have it work for another 8 weeks.

It got the YLOD again a few days ago, I did the hairdryer thing again and it fixed it again, but then yesterday on startup it said it couldn't find the hard drive, so I decided its time to get a new one.
That fix is much like the vaunted towel fix for RROD. They're only temporary fixes and you're better off getting it fixed by a professional for a proper repair. Although it's a smart idea to do it if you need your saves definitely.

That fix is much like the vaunted towel fix for RROD. They're only temporary fixes and you're better off getting it fixed by a professional for a proper repair. Although it's a smart idea to do it if you need your saves definitely.

The towel is not a fix it's forcing it to RROD while still under warranty. The idea is you will then get the older board replaced with the new one that doesn't overheat.

The towel is not a fix it's forcing it to RROD while still under warranty. The idea is you will then get the older board replaced with the new one that doesn't overheat.
There's a towel fix that does actually fix the RROD for a limited time. My cousin was using that until I told him about the warranty.

Motorstorm 3 announced now. Will be called Motorstorm: Apocalypse, try and guess what it's about?!:p

No water vehicles (well, it would seem 100% sure of that). 3D seems likely. 4 player split-screen confirmed too, with the ability for those 4 to play online as well with up to 12 others.

Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1095814p1.html
MOTORSTORM APOCALYPSE FIRST LOOK
The soundtrack sums it up perfectly; the immortal bassline from Lalo Schifrin's Bullitt theme thumps along, evoking the urban cool of one of cinema's most stylish car chases before it's ripped apart by a violent break-beat. On-screen herds of vehicles race through a city that's eating itself, whole office blocks tumbling and gun-toting groups on foot creating a scene of perfect chaos. It's an old standard given a fresh twist, and that's the perfect way to describe developer Evolution's latest.

A series that's in a near-exclusive club in reaching its third instalment this generation, you can't blame the Liverpool studio for wanting to mix things up this time out. The first MotorStorm was a successful launch title, the sequel a respectable if unspectacular continuation that spawned an Arctic spin-off on PSP and PS2. And the third? Well, from a distance it's hard to identify this as a MotorStorm game at all, the screen brimming with explosions and flying concrete. Get close and personal and the series' DNA shines through, the races a familiar blend of multi-vehicle mayhem.

There's a towel fix that does actually fix the RROD for a limited time. My cousin was using that until I told him about the warranty.

The towel fix is a temporary fix but the purpose is to permanently RRoD it to get it fixed free of charge.

My PS3 has also been horribly loud, with it fan, since day 1 and nothing's gone wrong with it

it's just annoying as hell

The towel fix is a temporary fix but the purpose is to permanently RRoD it to get it fixed free of charge.

My PS3 has also been horribly loud, with it fan, since day 1 and nothing's gone wrong with it

it's just annoying as hell
The ps3 fan is Ninja silent compared to the 360 fan, OMG its loud

2 big announcements coming from Sony tomorrow (or there abouts).

Source: http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/sony-huge-announcements.html
Whilst this years E3 event may not be kicking off until Sunday night, it would seem that Sony are set to make two 'huge' announcements tomorrow.

"Who said weekends are quiet?" teased Sony on the EU PlayStation Blog twitter account. "Two huge announcements on the EU PS Blog on Saturday morning!"

Big updates at GameTraliers.com.

Killzone 3 Gameplay Trailer
[YOUTUBE]I8-ufoet1Ug[/YOUTUBE]
Gran Turismo 5 Trailer
[YOUTUBE]w4iUeuYYOmU[/YOUTUBE]
SOCOM 4 Story Trailer
[YOUTUBE]hsdbyg84Xeg[/YOUTUBE]

I'd post YouTube videos but they haven't been uploaded yet.

EDIT: Added YouTube videos :D.

GT5 - Jeez that's a good looking game!

Killzone 3 - Looks superb, very good looking and the brutal melee will add a nice visceral feel to melee (something that as playing RDR recently has been missing, a proper melee system like Uncharted 2 has). Lol at Sev being in a short sleeve top in the snow! He looks a ****load different now too. Looking good overall.

SOCOM 4 - Looks alright, definitely seems to be going for a more realistic military shooter than the whole epic MW style. Graphics are just ok too. Need to see more.

GT5 - Jeez that's a good looking game!

Killzone 3 - Looks superb, very good looking and the brutal melee will add a nice visceral feel to melee (something that as playing RDR recently has been missing, a proper melee system like Uncharted 2 has). Lol at Sev being in a short sleeve top in the snow! He looks a ****load different now too. Looking good overall.

SOCOM 4 - Looks alright, definitely seems to be going for a more realistic military shooter than the whole epic MW style. Graphics are just ok too. Need to see more.
GT5 looks great, lets just hope the hype that has built up with it doesn't ruin it for people.

Socoms have always been diferent than MW and if this can be as good or hopefully better than Confrontation(it should be by a heap) then i cant see myself playing any other game for a long long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ps3 fan is Ninja silent compared to the 360 fan, OMG its loud

Incredible isn't it? Sounds like it's going to explode.

Big updates at GameTraliers.com.

Killzone 3 Gameplay Trailer
[YOUTUBE]I8-ufoet1Ug[/YOUTUBE]

I'd post YouTube videos but they haven't been uploaded yet.

EDIT: Added YouTube videos :D.

Looks great.

New from THQ and legendary creator (as it says in the vid) Tomonobu Itagaki
DEVILS THIRD
[youtube]1tQStkvdIs8[/youtube]

Killzone 3 looks to be an absolute beast of a game. I can't ****ing wait.

28lz02q.jpg

I'll make a thread for it after E3 with all the new footage we'll get from it.

GT5 looks great, lets just hope the hype that has built up with it doesn't ruin it for people.

Socoms have always been diferent than MW and if this can be as good or hopefully better than Confrontation(it should be by a heap) then i cant see myself playing any other game for a long long time.
Yeah I know it's been different to MW's style in the past. I guess I just expected them to maybe head that way considering everyone wanting to emulate their success and style. Good to see they want to stick to their traditional roots.

I have hope for the story as Zipper really want to focus on making that fantastic. And you'd expect the Multiplayer to be at least better than Confrontation is now (not when it released), which from what I had played of the Confrontation beta the mechanics certainly were set for fun.

GT5 is a weird one for me. Personally have never been into racers a whole lot, but the demo/time trial thing that was out was very fun. And **** is it an insanely gorgeous looking game!
New from THQ and legendary creator (as it says in the vid) Tomonobu Itagaki
DEVILS THIRD
Sadly reminds me of Wet.:thumbsdown:

Other than that I guess there's some potential in there. Looks to be co-op where you play from different areas and meet up or something.
Hey HBK619, saw you commenting on the '7 girls and their video game equivalents' article on N4G.
Did you click it because of the picture too? :D:D:D
HAHAHA Guilty.:eek:

Was a good little read though in the end, if a little off in their analogies at times. Needed more analogies throughout and as everyone else said "Does everything" was ripe for the plucking and didn't get used for the PS3.

]I have hope for the story as Zipper really want to focus on making that fantastic. And you'd expect the Multiplayer to be at least better than Confrontation is now (not when it released), which from what I had played of the Confrontation beta the mechanics certainly were set for fun
Yea Confrontation should never of been released when it was (BUGGY) but Zipper are no slouches and i cant see them making the same mistakes Slant Six made.

GT5 is a weird one for me. Personally have never been into racers a whole lot, but the demo/time trial thing that was out was very fun. And **** is it an insanely gorgeous looking game!Sadly reminds me of Wet.:thumbsdown:
I never played WET after it's glowing reviews:rolleyes:
You can only hope it doesn't go the same way.

My PS3 makes little or no sound?
Generally they won't make much sound at all.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back