PlayStation VR

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell do you know when you can stop and it's saved? I want to stop and can't tell if I've hit a save point or not?

Feel like a badass killing s**t, it's satisfying as hell.
Yeah it sucks there is no obvious checkpoint. I have just been assuming every time I reach a hologram reading thing its a checkpoint and thats when I turn it off.

Well, I can confirm that the hologram reading parts are not a save point. I lost about 30-45 minutes worth of game play. ******* ridiculous that there is no way to save or see when an auto save occurs.

I also spent the 10 bucks or whatever it was on David Attenborough’s First Life VR when it came out the other month and finally watched it last night. I wouldn't recommend it even if it was free. There is 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Well, I can confirm that the hologram reading parts are not a save point. I lost about 30-45 minutes worth of game play. ******* ridiculous that there is no way to save or see when an auto save occurs.
Jesus, that seems completely ridiculous.

I also spent the 10 bucks or whatever it was on David Attenborough’s First Life VR when it came out the other month and finally watched it last night. I wouldn't recommend it even if it was free. There is 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Thanks for the tip. Have wondered about it.

I think I will probably end up getting Farpoint soon. I have just finished the Nuka World add on to FO4 but can't really get enthused about Windy Harbour or whatever the other one is called. I'm just doing a last random waltz around the map to see if there's anything interesting I haven't encountered and then I'm done. :( Has been great though.

I also watched a doco on video games on Netflix last night and they showed glimpses of the Virtuix Omni. This s**t is next level.

I also watched a doco on video games on Netflix last night and they showed glimpses of the Virtuix Omni. This s**t is next level.
Yep, can't wait til this is a reasonable price and functions with the PSVR :p

Fair enough. I like it it. It's like old-school games where your progress or completion in one session is vital. Not knowing when it has saved makes you keep going. Personal preference I guess.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got it on release and have only really played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with friends due to normal PS4 backlog and will be getting back into it.

Bought a bunch of games as they go on sale I haven't played yet and curious to know other people's thoughts:

Headmaster
Statik
Rez Infinite
Thumper
Tumble
Hypervoid
Here They Lie

Didn't like Battlezone, got boring very fast.

Got it on release and have only really played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with friends due to normal PS4 backlog and will be getting back into it.

Bought a bunch of games as they go on sale I haven't played yet and curious to know other people's thoughts:

Headmaster
Statik
Rez Infinite
Thumper
Tumble
Hypervoid
Here They Lie

Didn't like Battlezone, got boring very fast.

I've heard Here they Lie is the worst for motion sickness. have heard stories where people last 30 seconds and they have to rip the headset off its that bad

I've heard Here they Lie is the worst for motion sickness. have heard stories where people last 30 seconds and they have to rip the headset off its that bad

Don't suffer from it myself. Have heard mixed reviews otherwise.

Bought the bundle for $499 but store was all out of VR Worlds (pick up when in stock)

Played a few of the demo games. Ocean descent first up was pretty immersive. The tech is better than I thought it would be.

Bought the until dawn thing (pretty good for $24) The fast rollercoaster bits do invoke weird stomach feelings. Used the earphones too and they work great for surround sound/channeled sound.

Drive Club demo brought on a bit of minor motion sickness. May avoid that one.

Kitchen demo looks ok but you obviously only sit there?

Bought the bundle for $499 but store was all out of VR Worlds (pick up when in stock)

Played a few of the demo games. Ocean descent first up was pretty immersive. The tech is better than I thought it would be.

Bought the until dawn thing (pretty good for $24) The fast rollercoaster bits do invoke weird stomach feelings. Used the earphones too and they work great for surround sound/channeled sound.

Drive Club demo brought on a bit of minor motion sickness. May avoid that one.

Kitchen demo looks ok but you obviously only sit there?
Worth the outlay?

Worth the outlay?
I hate wasting money ( + the after purchase guilt that comes with it) Alas, I feel ok with this purchase so even though I find it hard to get any gaming time in these days it's still I feel ok about buying/trying this type of tech.

I'd been pretty close to buying it on many occasions since release so the bundle and price drop was enough to sway me.
(EB $549)
(BigW $529)
(JB $499)
All for the same bundle. All the flyers in each store seem official so not sure why there's such a difference. All say avail. til the 17th or so.

I'd feel bad if it was worse than I was expecting but as mentioned, it's better than I thought. (was a bit fearful of immersion being ruined by a poor headset but it fits on so well I had no issues with gaps etc)

Looking up and seeing screen all around you means tech like Ocean Descent create a nice feel when you look around.

I had no issues with controller accuracy in Until Dawn Rush of Blood (we only have one move controller so I used DS4)
Playing that was perhaps worth the purchase alone. The cool jump scares, freaky environment, awesome surround sound combined with a roller coaster ride and decent accuracy was great. I'd always liked "light gun" type games and I love roller coasters. Bargain at $24.

Not sure if any of you psvr owners on here been paying attention to E3 but Skyrim has just got announced as with DoomVr, final fantasy deep water, super hot, the inpatient, Moss.

Some good quality games coming end of 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back