PlayStation VR

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah good call. I did enjoy that but just felt a whole game of it would get a bit meh.
Definitely agree I was somewhat hesitant, but playing it not only is there good variety with what should really be a fairly bland game. But the satisfaction of nailing a run is really cool too.

Like the below vid, Exam 2. First time around I scored a measly 440 points, not even close to enough to pass. 2nd run I literally blitzed it getting basically every possible point. I don't however think there'd be a hope in hell that I could do such a run again! :D

Is there a demo? I love these types of games but dont wanna pay 30 bucks if it's crap. Lack of demo's is killing me for psvr as I'm just not risking money on games that could be s**t.

Ok might of got a bit ahead of myself with fantastic contraption. First hour was great but after playing it some more today finding it a bit repetitive and lacking more building tools. Can be frustrating. I would hold off just yet on this one.

There is a free download, air special forces ops experience in the US ps store out now.

Need to create a US account if you haven't done already, takes 5 minutes.

Finished Until Dawn over the last week, awesome stuff. Only real disappointment with the game was that they really could've played up more of the horror stuff, the opening title credits are easily the scariest moments in the game but other than that there's maybe 1-2 jump scares but no real tense moments that build the horror and I feel it was really crying out for something like that.

Booted up VR Worlds yesterday. London Heist is great fun, huge potential for a game like that. VR Luge was a bit s**t. The future ball game thing has a great concept to it, controls magnificently with the headset. The shark ocean one is pretty enjoyable as well. Still need to jump back on for some more but it really is a tech demo of sorts, not exactly a 'full game'. Just some nice small stuff all thrown together...I also love doing stupid hand stuff in serious moments in London Heist.:D

Bought Arizona Sunshine and awaiting that to download. Can't wait to give it a go, looks a ripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So.. thoughts?
Ah yes. I had forgotten to post!

Basically I'm not really sure where I stand with it at the moment. It's a little underwhelming to be honest.

I'd say that whatever Arizona Sunshine does, Until Dawn did it better. The movement is better because Until Dawn sticks you in a cart and moves you around on a roller coaster. Arizona Sunshine's movement isn't bad, it just doesn't really have much of a point. The game is effectively on-rails anyway.

The shooting is an interesting one. But again, I feel Until Dawn did it better. Until Dawn gives you the laser pointers so you know exactly where you're aiming. I might be missing the option to turn something like that on in Arizona Sunshine, but it can be pretty hard to know where you're actually aiming and while it's not bad or inaccurate it can mean a lot of wasted bullets finding the spot that you're actually pointing to. It is pretty sweet bringing the gun up and aiming down the sights and actually nailing a headshot however.

As a whole the game isn't necessarily all that interesting. I'm not too far in (only 1.5-2 hours maybe) but it's a bit of a shooting gallery, with no real change in enemy pattern or design really. It's a little flat.

There's a lot of missing potential as well. You can pick up a s**t ton of stuff around the environment...but it literally does nothing. Throwing it at things just makes them bounce off, you can even pick up things like shovels and stuff but can't use them as melee weapons. That would've been nice (especially since I've been in a scenario where I had no bullets and therefore no defence against the zombies).

I'm not disliking it, but I wouldn't exactly go recommending it. And as I said, I feel that everything Arizona Sunshine did, Until Dawn does better. It's also half the price of AS.

On another VR note. I pre-ordered Superhot a couple of days ago. Went with the base and VR game bundle for $47 as I've heard they're both fantastic.

Comes out on the 19th. Can't wait for that!

Superhot + Superhot VR is now out. Going to probably give it a go either tonight or tomorrow.

Also the PS Store has a ton of VR games on sale. Until Dawn for $12, Batman for $22, NBA 2KVR for $12 to name a few. I will be purchasing of some new VR titles!

Super hot is just that...... Super Hot!!! very stylish and you def get your sweat on. If you fail a round u go back to the start so it can occasionally frustrate. It may be the best use of move controllers and gets you dodging and crouching in your lounge room. My wife said it looked like i was doing thai chi!!! Very Matrix meets Gattica!!! 4 & 1/2 out of 5!!!!

Grabbed NBA 2KVR, Batman VR, Thumper and Statik.

I know NBA 2KVR is probably a bit s**t, but I can't go past a basketball VR game.

Have heard good things about the other 3 (Batman was always going to be a purchase).

Now to find time...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back