Employment Plumbing Jobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
I am looking for a job as Plumbers Apprenticeship. I'm a mature age (27) applicant coming from an education background, I'm currently completing the certificate 2 in plumbing (pre app).

I was wondering what peoples advice would be in seeking a job. I have sent out 15 Resumes to seek/ careerone without so much as a reply. Are there any different job websites for plumbers that anyone would recommend?

Any luck so far? There are companies such as Megt or Master plumbers as a last resort, they are labour hire and quite costly to the companies they hire you out to. Hire companies will get you into big companies though where the money is quite good, though often you learn a considerable amount less than with a smaller company. Another option is to go to your local Reece or tradelink and ask if they have a notice board where you can put a message for plumbers who come in.

Remember many trades operate in a different manner to most businesses, my suggestion would be to call up a few local plumbers, tell them you are doing a pre app and are trying to get into the trade. I would offer to do some work as a plumbers labourer during your pre app or even after you finish with the intention of working with a company. I think guys will want to see you working on site before offering you an apprenticeship.

Hope this helps.

Any luck so far? There are companies such as Megt or Master plumbers as a last resort, they are labour hire and quite costly to the companies they hire you out to. Hire companies will get you into big companies though where the money is quite good, though often you learn a considerable amount less than with a smaller company. Another option is to go to your local Reece or tradelink and ask if they have a notice board where you can put a message for plumbers who come in.

Remember many trades operate in a different manner to most businesses, my suggestion would be to call up a few local plumbers, tell them you are doing a pre app and are trying to get into the trade. I would offer to do some work as a plumbers labourer during your pre app or even after you finish with the intention of working with a company. I think guys will want to see you working on site before offering you an apprenticeship.

Hope this helps.

Appreciate the advice!

No I haven't had any luck as yet, finished the pre app 3 weeks ago and have been applying online to every job I see, while working as a laborer for a carpenter 2-3 days a week.

I will give the notice board a try at a few local suppliers this week. I will add that I am keen to work as a plumbers laborer initially to my resume as well.

I had an interview with MEGT last week which couldn't have gone better IMO, however they only had two clients looking to take someone on at the time and they preferred the younger guys as I will cost a bit more $$ .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back