Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

I am the 63rd most populated region in the US with up to 300,000 people occupying it
I have wifi, phone , movie and tv coverage.
I have no buildings
I have sewerage facilities.
I have plentiful food supplies

Where am I?

US Airspace where up to 300,000 people are flying overhead

A man in Kitwe, Zambia, was electrocuted in 2000 when, having run out of space on his clothesline, he unwisely decided to hang the remainder of his wet washing on a live power line that passed his house.

Brisbane made the GF after their three-peat.
Yes, and now that we are apparently restricting to the "modern era" they are the only ones...making the original pointless trivia point even more pointless.

In 1986, truck driver Herbert Scott from Burnley, England, sought medical attention following a fall at work. As a result of a misunderstanding, he kept a neck brace on for the next 14 years instead of the four weeks that the doctors had advised.

In 1986, truck driver Herbert Scott from Burnley, England, sought medical attention following a fall at work. As a result of a misunderstanding, he kept a neck brace on for the next 14 years instead of the four weeks that the doctors had advised.

d8676447196c8af99a01b24c38866c61.gif

I'm trying to figure out how it could be misunderstood to that degree. His mates must've been laughing their arses off for years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my favourite books is called the Book of Heroic Failures by Stephen Pile, it's full of stories like this. Originally intended as the handbook for the Not Terribly Good Club of GB, the book was a bestseller, and the club was inundated with applications to join, and disbanded on the grounds that it was now a huge success. Even as failures, he noted, we'd failed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back