The Law Police

Remove this Banner Ad

yes, but you wont like it because its against your views

1) you acknowledge the issue is bigger than just residential aged care. in home supports and disability accommodation have to be part of the equation

2) ALL staff and support staff for this work get free PPE provided by govt - no more charging residents for this

3) Access to any aged care site, funded home accommodation, or SIL/SDA is now regulated.
- all access is recorded and accessible by dept of health/aged care/ndis
- all workers must be tested every week
- a positive test results in paid covid leave until 2 negative tests are recorded
- all tests are to be on this central database, available to all national jurisdictions
- ancillary services (ie catering, maintenance) are to be done off site or segregated from residents
- if this is not possible, the residents exposed to these staff will be in 14 day lockdown after exposure to the person
- family living with the in home care agree to live per stage 4 restrictions
- violation will result in serious fines and suspension of ability to perform services for any govt agency/dept/commission
- violation by friends/family will result in 14 days home detention with ankle monitor

- opt out for in home care is available as long as the resident signs a waiver acknowledging they are likely exposing themselves to the virus, and no staff/govt is liable if they are infected.

So you support a lock down for all of society forever? Wow!

You're right, I don't support your views as I see them extreme. I accept your views though.

I wonder what % of people support extreme views?

yes, but you wont like it because its against your views

1) you acknowledge the issue is bigger than just residential aged care. in home supports and disability accommodation have to be part of the equation

2) ALL staff and support staff for this work get free PPE provided by govt - no more charging residents for this

3) Access to any aged care site, funded home accommodation, or SIL/SDA is now regulated.
- all access is recorded and accessible by dept of health/aged care/ndis
- all workers must be tested every week
- a positive test results in paid covid leave until 2 negative tests are recorded
- all tests are to be on this central database, available to all national jurisdictions
- ancillary services (ie catering, maintenance) are to be done off site or segregated from residents
- if this is not possible, the residents exposed to these staff will be in 14 day lockdown after exposure to the person
- family living with the in home care agree to live per stage 4 restrictions
- violation will result in serious fines and suspension of ability to perform services for any govt agency/dept/commission
- violation by friends/family will result in 14 days home detention with ankle monitor

- opt out for in home care is available as long as the resident signs a waiver acknowledging they are likely exposing themselves to the virus, and no staff/govt is liable if they are infected.

oh and you acknowledge you can't isolate 1m people but you feel isolating 26m is sensible?

I think some don't appreciate what a large killer influenza is. Perhaps as we don't record deaths for influenza and covid the same. If you die from influenza but had an underlying issue, the death is recorded as the underlying issue. Thus hiding the real stats. The opposite for covid is true.

Further, I don't see the police closing down McDonalds, bottle shops and cigarette outlets to prevent the major underlying causes resulting in death from influenza and covid. I also don't see government officials blowing a whistle to morning exercise. So health isn't really the concern it actually is made out to be, from the government or society.

Exactly, last year there were officially about 1000 deaths from influenza, but other deaths which were a result of complications from the flu can see the numbers climb up to 4-5,000

Its interesting I was reading a US article which mentioned they count influenza deaths as anyone who's death was exacerbated by the flu, doesn't mean its the cause of death, but for stats it is counted as a flu death, but Australia only counts if that's the sole cause. I think a few thousand people die each year from pneumonia which they get from the flu, but they count as pneumonia deaths, not the flu.

But Covid comes and they want higher numbers so anyone with Covid is counted as a Covid death in Victoria. There was a death from a drug overdose, its counted as a covid death in Victoria but not included on the national database. I think that's where the higher number of deaths recently have come from, every day there are a number of deaths announced that occurred at any earlier date because aged care homes are reporting the cause of death to the Commonwealth and Victoria is reclassifying them as Covid deaths later.

So you support a lock down for all of society forever? Wow!

You're right, I don't support your views as I see them extreme. I accept your views though.

I wonder what % of people support extreme views?

You want aged care and co to be bubbled, that means bubbling the staff (something you continually refuse to acknowledge)

At least withy proposal they can have a life and not be confined to home detention

You're premise is simple, set up an impossible goal (bubble aged care) so when it fails everyone accepts just let them die.

over a decade it does

history has proven that to be the case consistently

So you're comparing one six months of covid to a decade of flu

You are an idiot

oh and you acknowledge you can't isolate 1m people but you feel isolating 26m is sensible?

Not isolating, restricting .

And if you knew anything about those in the care industries you would know many are already doing this off their own bat (pay is crap so those who do it do it for the people they are caring for. Most don't want to be responsible for the unnecessary death of residents unlike some here)

So you're comparing one six months of covid to a decade of flu

You are an idiot

no that's not the case. I'm comparing a decade with a decade.

This is not the first corona virus and never has a corona virus killed more in a decade than the flu.

no that's not the case. I'm comparing a decade with a decade.

This is not the first corona virus and never has a corona virus killed more in a decade than the flu.

weasel stuff like this is why i once put you on ignore

you mean facts?

no, i mean blatant misrepresentation of information you know is incorrect

anyway, you're back on ignore.

i can handle people being stupidly ignorant, but you are not and you're deliberately misleading

no, i mean blatant misrepresentation of information you know is incorrect

anyway, you're back on ignore.

i can handle people being stupidly ignorant, but you are not and you're deliberately misleading

read the facts

read the facts

Yes....more than that would die of Covid if you ignored it like you want to.
Flanders was right.
Even though he shut up without you saying Shut Up Flanders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not isolating, restricting .

And if you knew anything about those in the care industries you would know many are already doing this off their own bat (pay is crap so those who do it do it for the people they are caring for. Most don't want to be responsible for the unnecessary death of residents unlike some here)
hash tag... got noting but climbing..

I don't think he's charged with leaving the scene.

As for the other offences

Driving at a dangerous speed - will get a big fine.
Reckless conduct endangering life - can't see that one sticking.
Failing to render assistance - as I said he wasn't the driver so it doesn't apply.
Failing to remain after a drug test - if proven it's a fine.
Failing to exchange details - who was he supposed to exchange details with?
Possessing a drug of dependence - depends on whether there is evidence.
Destruction of evidence - he would not have recorded the crash. If this relates to him wiping his phone - he did not delete evidence of a crime. Filming the victims was despicable but not illegal.
Three counts of committing an indictable offence while on bail - will disappear if the other charges disappear.

There's been an update on the Richard Pusey case today.

Charges dropped due to lack of evidence -

Failing to render assistance after an accident.​
Destruction of evidence.​
Two counts of attempting to pervert the course of justice.​

Will face trial on charges of -

Possession of a drug of dependence.​
Reckless conduct endangering serious injury (149km/h in a 100km/h zone).​
Reckless conduct endangering death (separate incident - alleged driving at speeds of 300km/h on a public roadway).​
Outraging public decency.​

He was never charged with leaving the scene.

Police opposing bail. Pusey has been in prison for 6 months now on charges that might be negotiated down and result in fines or good behaviour bonds.

Vic Pol get 11,000 body cams but the Police don't have to turn them on, are allowed to edit the footage, and don't have to hand it over in a criminal trial. Well that's great.

Would have been handy if the cops had some footage of the indigenous man they spear-tackled the other week, of course due to the "dynamic nature" of the situation they didn't have time to turn the cameras on, not that it would have mattered.

All Cops Are Bastards.

Last edited:
Vic Pol get 11,000 body cams but the Police don't have to turn them on, are allowed to edit the footage, and don't have to hand it over in a criminal trial. Well that's great.

Would have been handy if the cops had some footage from the indigenous man they spear-tackled the other week, of course due to the "dynamic nature" of the situation they didn't have time to turn the cameras on, not that it would have mattered.

All Cops Are Bastards.

and people laughed when i said how much power vicpol has in this state

and people laughed when i said how much power vicpol has in this state
To be fair if Andrews had his wish that same power would be given to ticket inspectors, WorkSafe inspectors and other arbitrary public sector workers.

Thankfully we have the Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission to keep the coppers honest (except for the 98% of police misconduct reports that are referred back to Victoria Police to investigate...)

Would have been handy if the cops had some footage from the indigenous man they spear-tackled the other week, of course due to the "dynamic nature" of the situation they didn't have time to turn the cameras on, not that it would have mattered.

All Cops Are Bastards.

There needs to be a change in the law so that police body cam footage is always on and the unedited footage is available to all in criminal trials.

Why would anyone outside dodgy police not support this?

There's been an update on the Richard Pusey case today.

Charges dropped due to lack of evidence -

Failing to render assistance after an accident.​
Destruction of evidence.​
Two counts of attempting to pervert the course of justice.​

Will face trial on charges of -

Possession of a drug of dependence.​
Reckless conduct endangering serious injury (149km/h in a 100km/h zone).​
Reckless conduct endangering death (separate incident - alleged driving at speeds of 300km/h on a public roadway).​
Outraging public decency.​

He was never charged with leaving the scene.

Police opposing bail. Pusey has been in prison for 6 months now on charges that might be negotiated down and result in fines or good behaviour bonds.

Why would there be a trial for the reckless conduct charges?

The outraging public decency charge - that seems very subjective and looks like something his lawyer will drive a nail through. I can't seem to find it in vic law anywhere.

A trial for a couple fo reckless driving offences seems unnecessary. As for the drug possession charges I thought you can't dispute them if police caught you with drugs. Its just a matter of how much drugs and the penalty imposed, again things you don't need a trial for.

This guy is an absolute scum of the earth but the amount of time and taxpayer money spent on him seems absolutely disproportional to the charges he ia up for. Leave it to a judge to decide an appropriate penalty and move on.

There needs to be a change in the law so that police body cam footage is always on and the unedited footage is available to all in criminal trials.
There's a lot of discriminatory legislation in Victoria that disproportionately effects minority groups and vulnerable people which should probably be amended first. Still waiting for the Drunk in a Public Place law to be repealed, but in fairness to VicGov it was Jenny Mikaka who announced that would happen and her memory clearly isn't the best :$:$:$

Would have been handy if the cops had some footage of the indigenous man they spear-tackled the other week, of course due to the "dynamic nature" of the situation they didn't have time to turn the cameras on, not that it would have mattered.

All Cops Are Bastards.
cop this.. god allows your shameful degredation and out you go..

All Cops Are Bastards.
Canberra espouses personal cameras.. you are dry artificially wandering hysterically...

Why would anyone outside dodgy police not support this?

and why you and not me? hummm...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back