Political correctness gone mad

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably explains the shift from class to race/sexual identity.

That is why academic Marxists are usually the best at critiquing CRT. They hate it more than anyone else.

Marx has had a lot of crap associated with his writings.

The major shift in Western politics can be explained by the rise of the Fabians, who have shaped the contemporary left in Australia.

The middle class have destroyed working class politics, and I strongly suspect that the ever present hand of British intelligence was guiding it along.

The rise of women to positions of power, leading to the rise of CRT & sexual politics has also been a factor of "Marxist" underpinnings due to their more "collectivist" nature, and the fact that they're much more reliant on seizing political power in order to institute agendas.

It all gets grouped as "Marxism", but it really isn't.

Last edited:
I honestly found Marx's works a bit of a hard read,

It needs to be read after researching the historical setting.

but I found the same with Burke and Mills.

Similiar, but the libertarian elements still strongly come through.

Focualt was probably the hardest. Political philosophy works are not the most digestible works going about.

I don't even know why you put this clown in the same category as the other three.

Marx has had a lot of crap associated with his writings.

The major shift in Western politics can be explained by the rise of the Fabians, who have shaped the contemporary left in Australia.

The middle class have destroyed working class politics, and I strongly suspect that the ever present hand of British intelligence was guiding it along.
He definitely inspired a lot of offshoots. A lot of people blame the Frankfurt school for the overall shift.

Fabians, blast from the past there. The British had their own issues in the 1945-1970 bloc with the decline of the sterling bloc, loss of Suez, loss of the Empire and co. I doubt they had the time and energy to mess with Australian economic/social policy.

It needs to be read after researching the historical setting.

Similiar, but the libertarian elements still strongly come through.

I don't even know why you put this clown in the same category as the other three.
Definitely, the landscape has certainly evolved since the mid 1800s.

Mills I enjoyed reading, but I found Burke the most engaging, even though I really disliked his emphasis on the church.

Political science degree (I know, but I needed another major), it was part of the recommended reading. Interesting critiques at times, but no real solutions, which is why this applied post-modernism crap we see now is laughably half-baked or intermixed (contradictory) with other political theories.

He definitely inspired a lot of offshoots. A lot of people blame the Frankfurt school for the overall shift.

I think he's now a convenient boogie man who is taken out of context very badly.

Jordan Peterson's biggest blunder was in utilising the term "cultural Marxism" because his critics overwhelmingly did not understand his context and furiously began thumbing through their copies of Daas Kapital to point out economic or politically based inconsistencies, when what he was acctually referring to was his area of expertise, namely behavioral psychology.

Fabians, blast from the past there. The British had their own issues in the 1945-1970 bloc with the decline of the sterling bloc and co. I doubt they had the time and energy to mess with Australian economic/social policy.

Go back to the 1970's & 1980's ALP which was heavily Fabian, and you can see what shaped them today.

These people were not Ben Chifley.

I think he's now a convenient boogie man who is taken out of context very badly.

Jordan Peterson's biggest blunder was in utilising the term "cultural Marxism" because his critics overwhelmingly did not understand his context and furiously began thumbing through their copies of Daas Kapital to point out economic or politically based inconsistencies, when what he was acctually referring to was his area of expertise, namely behavioral psychology.

Go back to the 1970's & 1980's ALP which was heavily Fabian, and you can see what shaped them today.

These people were not Ben Chifley.
Explains the party shift after Whitlam. I was under the assumption that they backed him in 1960s because they thought was more moderate than some of his Victorian counterparts. He was even the lead patron of the Aus branch for a while.

Mills I enjoyed reading, but I found Burke the most engaging, even though I really disliked his emphasis on the church.

It's always a good practice to immerse yourself in the culture and time before you read these types of historical texts.

IMO, Thomas Hobbes has shaped contemporary "left" politics far greater than Marx. Right there you have the emergence of "social contract theory" and the hellish genesis of state superiority over man.

Explains the party shift after Whitlam. I was under the assumption that they backed him in 1960s because they thought was more moderate than some of his Victorian counterparts. He was even the lead patron of the Aus branch for a while.

Whitlam was a Fabian.
Hawke was a Fabian.
Keating was a Fabian.

Hand picked private schoolboys.

Whitlam was a Fabian.
Hawke was a Fabian.
Keating was a Fabian.

Hand picked private schoolboys.
Keating grew up in Bankstown, a working-class suburb in western Sydney. His siblings include Anne Keating, a company director and businesswoman. Leaving De La Salle College—now known as LaSalle Catholic College—at the age of 14, Keating left high school rather than pursuing higher education, instead working as a pay clerk at the Sydney County Council's electricity distributor

Any of you guys listened to Derek and Clive? My grandmother was kind enough to share some of their tapes when I was a boy. Some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard. I doubt it would ever be politically correct but isn't that the whole point? The taboo.
I still remember cracking up at their Joan Crawford skit, an absolute pi55er, doubt it would get past the censor nowadays.

Probably explains the shift from class to race/sexual identity.

That is why academic Marxists are usually the best at critiquing CRT. They hate it more than anyone else.
This is a ruling class ploy.

Not that those things aren't valid, more that they have been seperated from marxist and anarchist ideals in the last decade. Ultimately modern racism stems from classism. This is what Ice T was pushing in that song No Lives Matter. But its an old idea. One of the drivers of BLM last year was the fact so many BIPOC (always wanted to use that in a thread about Tef) people worked in so called "essential industries" last year. Usually industries that paid * all and left the workers vulnerable to covid and without medical support.

It's always a good practice to immerse yourself in the culture and time before you read these types of historical texts.

IMO, Thomas Hobbes has shaped contemporary "left" politics far greater than Marx. Right there you have the emergence of "social contract theory" and the hellish genesis of state superiority over man.
You just lost 80 iq points for lack of context....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back