Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking for an example of someone who speaks perfect English, look no further than Swiss Roger Federer. He even says "try to" instead of the horribly ungrammatic "try and" - which impresses me enormously šŸ˜‰

I think someone is still seething because I think his "don't eat meat" solution to the climate change problem was a bandaid.
I also think you need to get over it. Sometimes people don't agree with your opinions. That doesn't mean you should hold a grudge for the rest of your life.

For the record, though, my username is one I chose for myself. You didn't choose it for me.
Also - my **** isn't very big at all. It's tiny, actually. I'm compensating for it as much as I can. You should see my car. Massive big SUV, you know?
Youā€™re up at all hours in the morning correcting this shit?

Seek help, saddo.

Last edited:

State Politics now.

Is there a state Liberal Party in WA ?. Havenā€™t heard any mention of them for at least a month. Very very quiet.

I ask this as the general consensus was that after the Labor landslide win at the last election, there would be a slight ā€œcorrectionā€ swing back at the next election. The ā€œcorrectionā€ swing might only be a percent here, percent there.

These swings back might have now been negated, due to the governments recent performance, versus their opposition, who appear to have left the playing arena.

Any campaigner on here that thinks ABC is labor bias are ****ing plain brain washed. Leigh Sales is the flag ship host of the flag ship abc news show. Her tongue is so hard up Scomos arse her heads disappeared.

Thank you for illustrating out one of the causes of the problem, though - Australians have a bad habit of sticking up for the one who can't spell. So that one who can't spell never feels any need to address the problem because he feels he is in the right and his peers are supporting him.
Therefore, "then" and "than" continue to be substituted for each other because people like you make it ok.
It's a cultural issue.
I really don't want rehash the whole spelling debate, how pointless.

I simply want to thank you for highlighting such an important "cultural issue". Keep fighting the good fight.

Any campaigner on here that thinks ABC is labor bias are ******* plain brain washed. Leigh Sales is the flag ship host of the flag ship abc news show. Her tongue is so hard up Scomos arse her heads disappeared.
Dunno about Labor but it has always had a slight slant to the left overall.

State Politics now.

Is there a state Liberal Party in WA ?. Havenā€™t heard any mention of them for at least a month. Very very quiet.

I ask this as the general consensus was that after the Labor landslide win at the last election, there would be a slight ā€œcorrectionā€ swing back at the next election. The ā€œcorrectionā€ swing might only be a percent here, percent there.

These swings back might have now been negated, due to the governments recent performance, versus their opposition, who appear to have left the playing arena.
There's not much an opposition can do during times like this when the Government's response has been satisfactory. Liza's best bet is to lay low and only say something if McGowan messes up. Albo's recent whinges about not having a chair in the national cabinet have done federal Labor more harm than good.

There's not much an opposition can do during times like this when the Government's response has been satisfactory. Liza's best bet is to lay low and only say something if McGowan messes up. Albo's recent whinges about not having a chair in the national cabinet have done federal Labor more harm than good.
How exactly have "Albo's whinges" regarding the national cabinet done federal labor more harm than good?

I would have thought the majority of Australians would be worried by unchecked executive power. It is more than reasonable for the Federal opposition to push for a chance to be involved in policy-making at a time of immense change such as this.

I'd personally be in favour of the National Cabinet remaining as is but for the establishment of a separate committee with federal members from all parties, that provide oversight and scrutiny of the policies that are being churned out at the moment.

New Zealand has done it. Six Australian judges are calling for it. It will probably lead to better policy and we are a democracy after all but hey that's just me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep the cruise ship fiasco is right on the mark.
Allegations that a government minister wife's parents as well as a group of Hillsongers were on board. The minister is a member of the Pentecostal church and the wife works for border patrol.

Yep, the ship fiasco is right on the mark.
Allegations that a government minister wife's parents, as well as a group of Hillsongers, were on board. The minister is a member of the Pentecostal church and the wife works for border patrol.

I'd be happy if the entire Hillsong community sank into the harbour.

The family who run it are profiteering from the flock of sheep who blindly follow.

I'd be happy if the entire Hillsong community sank into the harbour.

The family who run it are profiteering from the flock of sheep who blindly follow.
Yet here we are as a nation voting in one of their ā€œsheepā€ as PM

And not because he actually stood for anything other than tired old conservative rhetoric but all in the name of fear...
-Simplistic fear of potentially losing some overly generous tax breaks(whilst relevant to only some) and fear that somehow , somewhere, potentially,maybe...some voters would be ā€œworse offā€ under the opposition

As is said people often get the governmentā€™s they deserve .

Yet here we are as a nation voting in one of their ā€œsheepā€ as PM

And not because he actually stood for anything other than tired old conservative rhetoric but all in the name of fear...
-Simplistic fear of potentially losing some overly generous tax breaks(whilst relevant to only some) and fear that somehow, somewhere, potentially, maybe...some voters would be ā€œworse offā€ under the opposition

As is said people often get the governmentā€™s they deserve.

The LNP would do away with unions if they had the chance.

This happens in virtually every crisis. It's a well known fact that a crisis is the best thing for a leader's approval rating.

Still concerned about your earlier comments though. Do you seriously think that Labor shouldn't have a say in the policies being made right now? Your earlier comments sure looked like it.

Still concerned about your earlier comments though. Do you seriously think that Labor shouldn't have a say in the policies being made right now?
No. An opposition's job is to review decisions made and hold a Government to account, not to be involved in those actual decision makings. If Labor wanted a seat at the table they should have done a better job at the last election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back