Opinion Politics (warning, may contain political views you disagree with)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's just lost. Not like his chances w e re good.

Election could be delayed?

That's what they said last time. I was living over there in a very liberal city (Austin) and couldn't believe how they were so surprised. I think he wins again, unfortunately.

I don't think the election will be delayed. Maybe only if he dies (which I don't wish on anyone), then there would be question marks over the ballots with the name needing to be changed and millions already having voted. The debates are the more immediate problem.

That's what they said last time. I was living over there in a very liberal city (Austin) and couldn't believe how they were so surprised. I think he wins again, unfortunately.

I don't think the election will be delayed. Maybe only if he dies (which I don't wish on anyone), then there would be question marks over the ballots with the name needing to be changed and millions already having voted. The debates are the more immediate problem.

But this is coming from someone who predicted his win in 2016.

Biden was brought onto the Obama ticket to swing conservatives over in 08. He's actually very on the right for a dem.

Trump had/has to demolish him in the debates. He hasn't up to this point.

At least if he Zooms into the debates they can just mute him when it's Biden's turn to speak.

But this is coming from someone who predicted his win in 2016.

Biden was brought onto the Obama ticket to swing conservatives over in 08. He's actually very on the right for a dem.

Trump had/has to demolish him in the debates. He hasn't up to this point.

Yeah this week's debate was interesting, although it was chaotic, unfortunately that's what Biden had to resort to. Trump is all about keeping in control during the debates, speaking over the moderator and chiming-in when his opponent is talking. Hilary played by the rules last time and it didn't work.

Trump is polling worse this time around and friends have assured me he won't win. They said that last time though so will believe it when I see it.

Ventura is such an interesting story teller if you can spare a couple of hours

I've already listened to it.

Big fan of him. He's lead an incredible life. There was a draft Jesse for the green ticket. But the Greens went with a guy who's currently polling at 0.01% over a guy who won Governor of Minnesota as an independent.

Does anyone actually have the link to justify the claim that Stephenson supports white supremacism?
The way the extreme left pile on with their cancel culture deplatforming ways, I wouldn't mind actually seeing evidence before condemning him.
As to the player Stephenson as opposed to the alleged neonazi Stephenson, he has regressed for some reason. Unless JLo has a clear and fixable reason why, he wouldn't be worth what it would cost to get him.

He posted in defense of Anning and since then the post was deleted. people condemning it is hardly an extreme action. If the worst you have to complain about politically is cancel culture then you have it pretty good.

Does anyone actually have the link to justify the claim that Stephenson supports white supremacism?
The way the extreme left pile on with their cancel culture deplatforming ways, I wouldn't mind actually seeing evidence before condemning him.
As to the player Stephenson as opposed to the alleged neonazi Stephenson, he has regressed for some reason. Unless JLo has a clear and fixable reason why, he wouldn't be worth what it would cost to get him.

688ebfdb401894712ab283f4a3562058.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody called him a white Supremacist.

I said he was defending it. Which he did.

OK I'll rephrase, how in anyone's warped mind does this make him a defender of white supremacism?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you should google Fraser Anning.

Maybe you should google, in no particular order, the Protestant Reformation, the Enlightenment and Classical Liberalism

Can't see why he won't get in.
Just like last time the extreme left are too busy screaming at him to look around & realise they are in an echo chamber of their own device.
Calling trump names is funny but they are only lowering themselves to Trump's level.
And trump is the king of kindergarten politics.
Wake up America ☹️

He literally says he doesn’t agree with Anning

Saying he doesn't agree with Anning yet arguing he doesn't deserve the public condemnation is so "I'm not racist but". Fact of the matter is the stakes are night and day in left vs right politics and when ever somebody says "I don't agree with bigotry, but others have a right to spread it" makes you either complicit to bigotry or a closeted bigot and both are as bad as each other. When it comes to Anning, only a white supremacist would defend the level of condemnation he received.

It's not subtle, Stephenson is equating Annings beliefs and actions as equivalent to the identity politics the left fight for. I'm not surprised the cis white dudes on a footy forum would fall for the poorly disguised "I'm not racist but" logic that was thrown in, but it's really not hard to see what Stephensons intentions are here.

For the old folks on here, would you mind explaining what cis means? I'm not sure if I'm being preached at or not.
In this context cis, as derived from chemistry expression of molecules either in their regular cis form or the same ingredients in the molecule expressing in the trans form, means the standard and regular straight, gender of birth identifying person.

I don't think we really need a word for it, it really means non-queer and generally speaking I think when something forms the overwhelming majority of outcomes then the unique and minor different expressions should be ones with the label. Ie. These are basketballs, that's a blue basketball.

But since so much of labels and terms are the literal validation of someone's humanity, I don't think there is anything harmful in giving the almost always outcome a name other than what would be expected and normal- aside from that it creates a very obvious different state for those who fall under a non normal self identifying label. But those people already know they are different and it's self affirming so they aren't being marginalised by the label being used.

So long story short "cis" is the term used to describe the regular straight, bits matching mind people.

In this context cis, as derived from chemistry expression of molecules either in their regular cis form or the same ingredients in the molecule expressing in the trans form, means the standard and regular straight, gender of birth identifying person.

I don't think we really need a word for it, it really means non-queer and generally speaking I think when something forms the overwhelming majority of outcomes then the unique and minor different expressions should be ones with the label. Ie. These are basketballs, that's a blue basketball.

But since so much of labels and terms are the literal validation of someone's humanity, I don't think there is anything harmful in giving the almost always outcome a name other than what would be expected and normal- aside from that it creates a very obvious different state for those who fall under a non normal self identifying label. But those people already know they are different and it's self affirming so they aren't being marginalised by the label being used.

So long story short "cis" is the term used to describe the regular straight, bits matching mind people.
Wow! All that in three letters :)

My prediction

Biden wins huge. Biden serves 2 years in office and leaves due to illness(this is already in the pipeline imo) kamala harris comes in for the remaining two.

Republicans run with another populist in 2024. Fox News Tucker Carlson, who is basically a more polished/intelligent version of trump 2016. Basically a right winger version of Bernie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back