Prediction Poll added: Who will be our highest rated 2018 Rising Star?

Who will be our highest rated player in the 2018 AFL Rising Star?

• Paddy Dow (Pick #3)

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Lochie O’Brien (Pick #10)

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Tom De Koning (Pick #30)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Angus Schumacher (Pick #70)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harry McKay

Votes: 41 28.7%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cameron Polson

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Patrick Kerr

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I voted O'Brien just because I feel he was drafted for a need.

Looks a little more physically developed than Dow right now, but Dow will surely get his opportunity, also.
Would be a great result to trade Gibbs in for the 2018 RS:thumbsu:

Wouldn't it be great to have multiple players nominated again this year. A few would be in the mix

Dow, LOB, Kerr, Polson, McKay, Macreadie

Would be shocked if TDK or Ralph got nominated, though stranger things have happened
Schumacher looks the goods with that weapon left foot. Every chance to get 5/6 games in 2018 just like Williamson in 2017.

Definitely Paddy. As for Harry, he is light years away! The only thing I can see him do is sulk in a goalaquare at Cramer Street. Sorry... not a fan, he never deserved games last year and as for JLT form, well he was woeful.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

Definitely Paddy. As for Harry, he is light years away! The only thing I can see him do is sulk in a goalaquare at Cramer Street. Sorry... not a fan, he never deserved games last year and as for JLT form, well he was woeful.

Was gonna say wait and see, but then i looked at your user name.... might be sick of waiting.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I have to agree. Looks like what the yanks would call a bust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't know McKay still hasn't played 10 games.
That means he only played 7 games this year???

DRAFT UPDATE

Pick #3 Paddy Dow
Pick #10 Lochie O’Brien
Pick #30 Tom De Koning (TDK)
Pick #70 Angus Schumacher
Pick #78 Jarrod Garlett

Our first 4 picks are eligible for the Rising Star. Jarrod Garlett is ineligible as he is already 21.

I predict Paddy Dow, Lochie O’Brien, Harrison Macreadie and Harry McKay to receive nominations in the Rising Star, and Harry McKay to be top 5 in the award at year end.

ORIGINAL POST

I am inspired by the 'Proud of Silvagni' thread and our crop of young players.

We have Cripps, and in the last 2 years six other rising stars being Weitering, Marchbank, SPS, Cuningham, Jack and Charlie.

Players have to be under 21 on 1 January, and they must not have played more than 10 senior matches.

So that rules out Williamson (15 games), Fisher (17) and Pickett (10, but has turned 21). It also rules out Cuningham (11 matches) and yes a player can be nominated in a second year if eligible.
I think all of Williamson, Fisher and Pickett deserved nominations.

Eligible players on our list are:
- McKay
- Macreadie
- Polson, and
- Kerr.

I am starting this thread before our new trade and draft class, why not.

I think if McKay or Macreadie plays 15 games or so, they could both figure prominently in the Rising Star voting.

I didn't know McKay still hasn't played 10 games.
That means he only played 7 games this year???
He will be 21 in late December, so does not qualify in 2019. I thought he was a good chance for a nomination / placing in 2018.

Back