Prediction Poll - Who will be our highest rated rising star? 2024 edition

Who will be our highest rated Rising Star in AFL Season 2024?

• Lachie Cowan

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Jaxon Binns

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Harry Lemmey

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Rob Monahan (Rookie, Cat B)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ashton Moir

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Billy Wilson

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Matthew Carroll (Rookie, Cat A)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Hudson O’Keeffe (Rookie, Cat A)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaxon Binns ..if he gets game in seniors could be hard to dislodge , such a great user of the ball..

my Smokey would be O'Keeffe..his Development from start of last year till the end of year was massive , if he can do it again this year he might snag a few games at towards end of year

Spot on - which is why it was refreshing to hear Agresta in that interview say we're not drafting for the now, but for the future "because we're at the start of our journey."

It was also interesting to hear him say that Ollie totally exceeded our expectations of him in his first year playing 19 games, and missing games through injury....and as an aside he exceeded mine as well. I wasn't that excited when we selected him after watching his U18 rep games for Country and Academy, but I'll put my hand up and say I was wrong. I reckon he's gonna be a ripper!!!
Judging by his physique, I thought he'd struggle to get a game. Was pleasantly surprised.

Goes to show how much intelligence and determination play a part of succeeding in pro sports.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really keen to see this group play. There is a heap of talent there, but a lot of them are unknowns. We will be a strong side to break into. We will look to rest players at times. We will be looking to improve our two way run and add talent with speed and endurance to our onball group. In saying that, I don't expect a heap of games from this group. I'm ok with that, I just want to see them playing well in the VFL.

Cowan has a heap of talent. Developed a lot in the VFL last season. Went from a solid defender to a two way defender who won a lot of the ball and we all know how well he kicks the ball. Think the coach will want him in the side if he can do it at AFL level. Our backline has good depth and the difference between a two way running VFL defender and a two way running AFL defender is so much, the running if a lot greater. Think he will play games but he's probably got another season of developing. Think we will see him absolutely dominate the VFL and be the Nick Newman of the VFL side.

Binns dominated the wing and mastered that last season. Very hard to do that, very hard to get huge numbers as a wingman, takes a lot of smarts and very good running ability which he has. Thought he may have got a game last season but he didn't. Finished the season on the ball and that is where he will commence IMO. I reckon he will be aiming to dominate the onball position and master that the same as he did the wing at VFL level. Reckon he may be given a chance to represent us in a practice game if his match sim form is good. Think there will be another level of development though.

Lemmy - He is super super raw. Think he will have to odd good game but I don't think he will do much until 2025.

Monahan - Definitely a development year but a guy with a heap of talent learning the game will be good to watch.

Moir - I reckon he will play games. Depends on his running ability. Could be a little behind if he's coming off a hip injury. junior footy and AFL footy is a big step. You have to run defensively when you get to the AFL or the good attacking defenders will have a day out. This will be his biggest challenge. Talent is there but preparing your body for AFL for a young player can take quite some time. Reckon Martin will have games off and when he does Moir could come in as a like for like.

Wilson is a player I really like the look of. He's a very strongly built player with good pace. Reckon he is possibly the type we will be looking for as a mid but generally inside mids take 3-4 years before being genuinely AFL ready. In saying that some are ready from the get go. We are definitely getting a look at him here in match sim.

Carroll - He looks to have talent and he looks to have the smarts in defence. Don't think he will play next season but hoping he has a really strong VFL season.

O'Keeffe - Think he is pretty raw and a while away. He's going to be a big strong bloke when he fills out. Just happy to see him develop into a good VFL ruckman but feel that is a couple of seasons away. Rucks take time.

I like the look of Moir - but apparently he needs to get himself physically up to par if there was no Fogarty/Durdin/Owies/Motlop/Fantasia ahead of him he would probably be starting -but that was Carlton 3 years ago- also O'Keefe looks like he has the AFL factor- not so sure about Lemmey - Mirkov has a year to show something hard to tell how much improvement he has in him since he has been playing previously with heart issues- woudlk be great to see him add some bulk to his height - wouldn't lat a quarter in AFL...but interesting watch on him..same for Carroll - almost as unsighted as Cuningham ..

I like the look of Moir - but apparently he needs to get himself physically up to par if there was no Fogarty/Durdin/Owies/Motlop/Fantasia ahead of him he would probably be starting -but that was Carlton 3 years ago- also O'Keefe looks like he has the AFL factor- not so sure about Lemmey - Mirkov has a year to show something hard to tell how much improvement he has in him since he has been playing previously with heart issues- woudlk be great to see him add some bulk to his height - wouldn't lat a quarter in AFL...but interesting watch on him..same for Carroll - almost as unsighted as Cuningham ..
I feel Jack Carroll’s number 16 might just be available for one of the Campo boys to wear in 2025

Back