Poor service- retail

Remove this Banner Ad

When I first started on registers I got "at least you don't have to work too hard" a lot:rolleyes:

And the same jokes 5 times a week, and when you don't laugh they're shocked.

My biggest pet peeve is "oh I've gotta pay for it?" Because the idea of exchanging one set of goods for another in return is a new thing you stupid moron campaigner

I used to work on registers, i do nightfill now which i enjoy a bit more.
Anyway used to always get ''don't work to hard now'' with a hint of condescension as the customer departed. :p

Are you one of those guys who goes through the checkout with headphones playing.
Yet expects to be treated like a prince?
* I hate this.

So arrogant and ignorant. You're not trying to pick out the little parts in Little by Little by Radiohead; you're just listening to music. You're not aloof or cool or street. You're just a twat with a fat head buying s**t cheap alcohol.

It's a two way street. The customer should be allowed to take calls and should also have enough awareness to know if they're slowing things down.

When i was working on the registers i didn't mind at all if a customers phone rang for them to answer while i was serving them.
However it seemed a bit rude if they approached me while already on the phone and in mid conversation.

This thread can be condensed as: lots of people are nice and decent, but 50% are some sort of s**t: yappy, arrogant, ignorant, selfish, or just plain old campaigners.

At work we stopped selling 20 packs of Peter Jackson's, only 30's, and last week I had an interesting encounter. Guy came in, asked for PJ Gold 20's, I told him we didn't sell them anymore, but I could offer him a 30 pack instead. His reply:

"Oh for *caress* sakes, I'd be better off going to Coles"

Told him he's welcome to go there, turned my back and went to serve someone else before he butted back in and told me he didn't have time, and finally accepted the 30s.

The *caress* is wrong with some people, seriously?

Btw just finished an eight hour shift and haven't slept in 27 hours. Just got into bed. Feels good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hilarious that customers think anyone outside of the store managers & supermarket CEOs actually give a toss if they go to Coles/Woolies instead.

I've always wondered what it is that freaks people out with basic human interaction
You ask them how they are, or if they need anything and they freeze in a total panic
I think people fall into two camps.

"They think I'm stealing!"

"Why is this kid trying to talk to me? I know what I want. Oh in fact why didn't they talk to me before?! Oh excuse me, where has that boy gone?!"

It's hilarious that customers think anyone outside of the store managers & supermarket CEOs actually give a toss if they go to Coles/Woolies instead.
Classic one.

"You're about to lose a $40 sale here!"

"I still get paid whether I sell it or not."

A lot of people, usually stupid old pensioners or 44 year old Bigfooty users, still think every store is some old classic mum and pop store where we all care about our profits and we're all in this together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, yeah I do love the:

"Well I guess I'll go somewhere else then *looks expectantly*"
"Uh, okay, see ya later."

I can honestly say about 95 per cent of people who have said that are back in the store shopping within weeks.

The other terrible and common one is:
" *demands special treatment* I've been a customer at this store for x amount of years, I do a lot of business here"

Yep, that doesn't mean you get special treatment. When you come to a store, you pay money for a service/product which your receive, you don't deserve any special treatment outside of that basic business transaction.

I'm not a mystery shopper, but I judge my store experience just as harshly :D.

Haha, yeah I do love the:

"Well I guess I'll go somewhere else then *looks expectantly*"
"Uh, okay, see ya later."

I can honestly say about 95 per cent of people who have said that are back in the store shopping within weeks.

I havn't shopped at Target since they pulled GTA V off the shelves, but that was more because I just don't have anything of interest in that store more than joining in a video game moral crusade.

I havn't pulled that line myself HOWEVER it would be hilarious if you took this stance with a store manager, area manager or a higher up person in the store and around near your register at the time :p:D.

I've always wondered what it is that freaks people out with basic human interaction You ask them how they are, or if they need anything and they freeze in a total panic

At regular stores I just give them an eye roll and "just browsing" :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I don't know how you let shopping bother you so much. Unless I'm actually after help I literally grab what I need, line up and have a brief chat to the employee at the counter, pay and head off.

The only thing I ever get frustrated at is the JB Hi Fi security. Walked out with my new PS4 and have some campaigner at the door treating me like a thief.

Could maybe add in Dan Murphy's with their stalking of you and then the border patrol like ID checking at the counter, but I've got a mate who works there and I can see why it is done.

How the fck would I manage to steal that?

Lmao. Good morning :p

Did you like it? We got there 10am, stayed on Hisense all day for every match. Had a great day, even tho we didn't see any "classics".

It was pretty good thanks! We watched a game on show court 2 between Goffin and someone, but we left because it was far too hot. The heat reflecting off the court is almost as bad as the heat from the sun. Then we watched Berdych and some no name in Hisense, before returning for the Kyrgios match at night. Took us ages to find a seat, there were more bags on seats than bums which was frustrating.

It was pretty good thanks! We watched a game on show court 2 between Goffin and someone, but we left because it was far too hot. The heat reflecting off the court is almost as bad as the heat from the sun. Then we watched Berdych and some no name in Hisense, before returning for the Kyrgios match at night. Took us ages to find a seat, there were more bags on seats than bums which was frustrating.

Yeah that sun is a killer. A tip if you go again- try to go straight to Hisense and sit on the baseline (we were 8 rows from the front) even with the roof open we were in the shade all day. Was bliss. You can get passouts for 30 mins and go for a wander then go back. Me and my friend alternated doing this like probably 3-4 times each during the day.

The only thing I ever get frustrated at is the JB Hi Fi security. Walked out with my new PS4 and have some campaigner at the door treating me like a thief.

That's because a s**t ton of expensive stuff gets stolen and it's a pain in the arse. It's really not that hard to open your bag, or hold the receipt out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back