Poor service- retail

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a difference in phone calls. You can tell when it's something important and that's cool, but when it's just two people talking crap it's pretty disrespectful. Just tell the person you're going to be 30 seconds and call them back.

Blokes are really good with it, unless it's important they usually hold the call. Mums are a nightmare. They just keep having casual chats which slows everyone down. But then again most mums think that everyone in retail should bow to them.

It's a two way street. The customer should be allowed to take calls and should also have enough awareness to know if they're slowing things down.

It's a two way street. The customer should be allowed to take calls and should also have enough awareness to know if they're slowing things down.
If a customer chooses to answer a phone call instead of dealing with you, you should be able to go serve someone else and wait until they finish
Obviously difficult with Woolies checkout style work, but definitely for any other retail position

Xtreme sounds like one of those dicks who goes up to the counter talking on their phone and doesn't even acknowledge the person behind the till. It doesn't hurt to just be polite.

I don't use mobile phones, the closest thing I have is an mp3 player that I take almost everywhere for music on the go.

The customer version of that is when you are waiting to be served BUT 2-3 workers are too busy talking amongst themselves and about how drunk they got the previous night when they should be serving people.

What do you do for a living Xtreme? Out of curiosity?

Well I have mentioned previously that I have 2 jobs, the main one being office admin related and the second is retail based (minimal customer interaction... THANKFULLY) - so my opinion is valid :)

At work we stopped selling 20 packs of Peter Jackson's, only 30's, and last week I had an interesting encounter. Guy came in, asked for PJ Gold 20's, I told him we didn't sell them anymore, but I could offer him a 30 pack instead. His reply:

"Oh for * sakes, I'd be better off going to Coles"

Told him he's welcome to go there, turned my back and went to serve someone else before he butted back in and told me he didn't have time, and finally accepted the 30s.

The * is wrong with some people, seriously?

Btw just finished an eight hour shift and haven't slept in 27 hours. Just got into bed. Feels good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does the packet size of cigarettes matter? Surely it just means he'll have a bigger gap between his next trip to the supermarket?
Probably not, he'll just smoke more. e.g. if he is in the habit of buying one pack per day he will now smoke 30 a day instead of 20.

I reckon they make us addicts wait at the cigarette counter, it's not like we're going anywhere else.

"wait" what do you mean wait. You always get served before us ppl in the express lane, even tho we got there before you. :rolleyes::p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't use mobile phones, the closest thing I have is an mp3 player that I take almost everywhere for music on the go.

The customer version of that is when you are waiting to be served BUT 2-3 workers are too busy talking amongst themselves and about how drunk they got the previous night when they should be serving people.

Well I have mentioned previously that I have 2 jobs, the main one being office admin related and the second is retail based (minimal customer interaction... THANKFULLY) - so my opinion is valid :)

So you're probably a glorified secretary.

So you're probably a glorified secretary.

Not quite my pay grade and actual duties say otherwise :D. I don't even answer phones while I am there!

Shopped at Rebel Sport today, excellent customer service. Minimal conversation and the transaction was done swiftly. Two thumbs up!

At least they might have somewhat of a clue about a movie, album or something.

Rebel Sport employees tend to be the flogs who go to uni and think they're gonna end up working at an AFL club or something.

Ew no the girls that some of the JB Hifi's hired from teh early to late 2000's looked like they just came from being in Baywatch (big fake boobs and all). The conversations they would have among themselves was funny yet disgusting (talking about which person they were sleeping with next and which marriage they were going to ruin etc).

Ew no the girls that some of the JB Hifi's hired from teh early to late 2000's looked like they just came from being in Baywatch (big fake boobs and all). The conversations they would have among themselves was funny yet disgusting (talking about which person they were sleeping with next and which marriage they were going to ruin etc).

Big fake boobs? They're typically 18-25 year olds working casual jobs. It would seem unlikely that many of them have fake boobs.

For what length of time, and how closely do you have to eaves drop on a conversation to pick up that someone is talking about "which marriage they're going to ruin".

....It didn't happen.

Big fake boobs? They're typically 18-25 year olds working casual jobs. It would seem unlikely that many of them have fake boobs.

For what length of time, and how closely do you have to eaves drop on a conversation to pick up that someone is talking about "which marriage they're going to ruin".

....It didn't happen.

Can confirm it did happen, you tend to hear a lot when you're stuck waiting a few people deep into the counter because they are too busy talking about their sex lives to serve customers!

....It didn't happen.

You tend to eavesdrop on a lot of things when you don't have a life.

I really hope Xtreme is a troll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back