Port Adelaide v Richmond. AFL Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay so its Hinkleys fault. At least now we are getting somewhere.

Do you think Port win if Dixon plays?
Is Dixon our number 1 KPF worth a goal or two? I'd say we wouldn't be any worse...

I watch him and he plays the majority of the game in the forward half. Goes back too when the team needs extras in defence. So do many KPFs in many teams. Does play ruck and wing occasionally too. We’ll agree to disagree.
So he plays everywhere.

I reckon I've seen him a little bit more than you.

Is Dixon our number 1 KPF worth a goal or two? I'd say we wouldn't be any worse...

In your magical fantasy world where Dixon plays then party on garth plays and Dixon doesn't get a touch

So I was busy cleaning at the time and had the game on in the background.

I watched most of the 2nd half though and particularly the last qtr and I thought Port Adelaide were getting KOTD by the umpires big time.

I can't recall many particular incidents, but I do clearly remember in the last few minutes of the game Richmond banging it out of defense and Lycett had Nankervis in a bear hug from behind TWICE and no free kick was paid. The most obvious holding the man infringement there is and it was ignored.

Justice prevailed.

No Dusty
No Cotchin
No Jack
No Rance

NO PROBLEM!!!

Let's see. There was the double goal that hasn't been paid in a decade that was wrong.
- there was the non play on call when Lynch was 4 steps off his line and then doubling down on the mistake by paying 50
- there was the weak as piss free paid to Nankervis while he was allowed to drag our rucks down every contest in the 1st half.

so 3 goals gifted thus far.

- Ryder got pushed in the back twice dead in front of goal, you got weak as piss free kicks 2-3 times deep in your defensive 50 in the last quarter whenever it looked like we might score.
- there was the non 50m paid 60m out when 2 Richmond players were standing over the mark, when it was paid to our disadvantage 5 minutes earlier with Westhoff being hit 60m downfield lace out. Less was paid against us last week.
- there was the non 50m penalty when Nankervis cleaned up Boak late in a marking contest in the middle of the ground in the 1st half which would have resulted in a shot on goal.
- the only reason we got any frees is because Richmond is the scraggiest bunch of ********s, highlighted by McIntosh deliberately trying to dislocate Wine's good shoulder in the 1st 5 minutes of the game and then sooking it up to the umpire when Rockliff came in to fly the flag.

As far as the inbred comment, at least our fans haven't spat on our own team you fair weather supporting bunch of losers.
those tears taste salty

Well hes probaly not worth 2, we know that from his record and average.

It's just ironic you put so so much stock in Dixon. I know hes structully important, but theres a point where quality comes into the picture and you aren't missing a heap with him out. It's like comparing losing Brody Grundy with Tim English. They are both number 1 ruckman but it shouldn't need to be explained why one is a bigger loss than the other.

I'm now convinced it's just a South Australian thing to piss and moan incessantly about umpires and completely ignore the s**t that went your own way.

Maybe ask the Adelaide fans how to make a youtube video of all the injustices and you will feel better

There was an instance in the last 5 mins when a Port forward was caught holding the ball and the Port fans were howling about it for the next 2 mins.

He had AMPLE opportunity to get rid of it. He looked to dish it off twice in 2 different directions and got caught.

SA and WA fans just boo every decision against them no matter how obvious.

giphy.gif
A0780D93-9139-BC28-B4A2DB6725AECE81.png

Dylan Grimes is:

tumblr_o4vzz8nY7x1vn5u0to1_500.gif

THE MAN!!!

Dude, you got rolled by a better team. Umpires didn’t decide the game. The second 50m adjudicated to Lynch was correct. Instead of being mad at the umps, be mad at the dh who gave the free away.
But you’re mad and irrational. I would be too of i was stuck with Ken for a few more years as well.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Even if it wasn't correct (it was) it makes up for the BS one paid against him when he was being monstered by 2 lughead's from Port and threw one of them off him, as if he should just let himself be roughed up and not get physical in return.

Loved the way the big fella threw his weight around today! Port love to try to bully around teams physically and Lynch wasn't having any of it!

Speak English. And learn how to read.

Structurally losing someone like a Ruck or KPP is VERY hard to replace.

Lynch is a new addition to Richmond. He was bought in as a long term option to REPLACE Riewoldt.

Rances absence tonight was balanced with Dixon's. But atleast Richmond has another fwd option. We had Sam Grey and Brad Ebert in the first half... Only midfielders kicked goals in the 1st half. That's why Dixon is a huge loss to us. Like when Ryder went down last season. We went from top 4 to missing the 8 in no time.

Ryder, Lycett and Westoff is more or less equal to Nankervis and Lynch.

Whenever one of them is rucking at-least one of the other 2 can be a forward option.

Ryder and Lycett play forward much more than Nankervis ever does and many would argue Westoff is a KPF as he's played large chunks of his career there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dare you bring actual rules into a big footy argument.

Gee whiz it must be a south Australia thing to moan about all the opposition frees and ignore your own.

The double free was correct I've seen it paid plenty of times.
The lynch 50m was wrong
The nank free im assuming you mean when the port ruck had his arm around nanks neck? That's a free everyday and non calls elsewhere don't make it not a free.

How about the port bloke flat out dropping the ball then getting a holding the man free
Or the port bloke who leveled grimes and the free wasnt reversed

See we can go back and forth all day, umpiring was s**t both ways, only thing shitter was ports performance today.

Talking about fair weathered when do the tarps come back out?

Was that the one in the last qtr where the Richmond player tackled the Port player from behind and he just dropped the ball and fell forward? I wasn't sure if the call was holding the man or an in the back as I had the volume down. Either way it was a BS call.

There was an instance in the last 5 mins when a Port forward was caught holding the ball and the Port fans were howling about it for the next 2 mins.

He had AMPLE opportunity to get rid of it. He looked to dish it off twice in 2 different directions and got caught.

SA and WA fans just boo every decision against them no matter how obvious.

And I suppose Collingwood supporters have never booed an umpiring decision. Christ you're an idiot.

And I suppose Collingwood supporters have never booed an umpiring decision. Christ you're an idiot.

Stop deflecting. It was an obvious holding the ball and it was ridiculous to boo the decision for the next 2 mins straight.

Generally speaking, Victorian clubs don't carry on like that when an obvious free is paid against our sides. We just don't react. Sometimes you'll hear boos at first as fans at the game often don't have a great view of what happened and when they show the replay to the crowd and it's obvious the free was there then the crowd quiets right down.

A stark contrast to SA and WA fans boo EVERY decision that goes against them no matter how obvious. I would think smart fans from those states would be just as annoyed at your general supporter bases as the rest of us are as it seriously hurts your credibility as supporters and the smart ones unfairly get lumped in with all the other idiots.

False equivalence. We got a few goals from them. Ryder got a goal from a holding free where the opponent had both hands around him in a bear hug. Robbie Gray got a goal from a free kick when his opponent grabbed an arm with both hands and tried to yank his shoulder out of its socket. Sam Gray got a goal from a deliberate where McIntosh punched the ball 10 rows into the crowd where even a halfwit wouldn't try to argue he was doing anything else. We got a few HTB not paid, as did you. But the holds, highs, etc you got were weak as piss. If the umpiring was consistent either Nankervis doesn't get a goal, or We get 6-8 free kicks in ruck contests in the 1st half. If the umpiring was consistent, Lynch doesn't get 50m and a goal and we get a shot on goal 10m out in the last 2 minutes, but 2 of your players get warnings and we get to go eat a bag of s**t. You got bailed out in your defence in the last quarter with nothing free kicks. As usual the free kick counts don't have to be equal. If you're getting free kicks for turning up and you get to scrag us all night for the same amount, its not really even is it?
Face it Richmond are a vastly superior side to Port Power

Rance and Riewoldt are the 2 structural key outs

Riewoldt is blanked out with Lynch.
Rance would have taken Dixon. Port has no other kpf of note....

So instead of childish insults. How about have a constructive conversation. Cause I'm sure they are all 10000x the quality... Geez

Why don't you tell me why when they were playing you were losing still?
Rance has destroyed Dixon almost every time he played on him

Let's see. There was the double goal that hasn't been paid in a decade that was wrong.
- there was the non play on call when Lynch was 4 steps off his line and then doubling down on the mistake by paying 50
- there was the weak as piss free paid to Nankervis while he was allowed to drag our rucks down every contest in the 1st half.

- Ryder got pushed in the back twice dead in front of goal, you got weak as piss free kicks 2-3 times deep in your defensive 50 in the last quarter whenever it looked like we might score.
- there was the non 50m paid 60m out when 2 Richmond players were standing over the mark, when it was paid to our disadvantage 5 minutes earlier with Westhoff being hit 60m downfield lace out. Less was paid against us last week.
- there was the non 50m penalty when Nankervis cleaned up Boak late in a marking contest in the middle of the ground in the 1st half which would have resulted in a shot on goal.
- the only reason we got any frees is because Richmond is the scraggiest bunch of ********s, highlighted by McIntosh deliberately trying to dislocate Wine's good shoulder in the 1st 5 minutes of the game and then sooking it up to the umpire when Rockliff came in to fly the flag.

As far as the inbred comment, at least our fans haven't spat on our own team you fair weather supporting bunch of losers.

Awwww diddums!

Best melt ever.

Must be eating you up inside knowing half Richmond's reserves side made the trip to your home ground and came away with the 4 points.

Stop deflecting. It was an obvious holding the ball and it was ridiculous to boo the decision for the next 2 mins straight.

Generally speaking, Victorian clubs don't carry on like that when an obvious free is paid against our sides. We just don't react. Sometimes you'll hear boos at first as fans at the game often don't have a great view of what happened and when they show the replay to the crowd and it's obvious the free was there then the crowd quiets right down.

A stark contrast to SA and WA fans boo EVERY decision that goes against them no matter how obvious. I would think smart fans from those states would be just as annoyed at your general supporter bases as the rest of us are as it seriously hurts your credibility as supporters and the smart ones unfairly get lumped in with all the other idiots.
Have to agree here, I think because WA and SA fans have the majority of their games with only their own supporters around them they only hear support for their reactions. As opposed to Victorian fans who hear differing opinions to theirs throughout the game. It breeds an insular reaction to all free kicks paid against and for them. It’s a constant boooooooooooooooo!!!

Mate, I would not have posted like I did if Lynch had led out, taken six chest marks and drilled six set shots from 45m. I was simply commenting on the good fortune he had to be the man inside fifty when the Richmond kids busted Port's zone twice and fed him the ball on the fast break and then received two additional birthday presents from the umpires with the 12 pointer and the 50m penalty.

It's not a big call to say that 4 of those second half goals were gimmies that anyone could've kicked.

The Tigers fans getting stuck into me for having this sensible non-controversial opinion are probably the same people who pour cold water on one of Alex Rance's opponents who happens to get lucky and kick a few cheapies on their way to kicking a bag of six.

Big Footy makes me laugh. It's impossible to discuss anything without a horde of crying babies getting their noses out of joint.

Sure, I doubt that Lynch would win a Brownlow if he played every game in the season like he played yesterday, but...

At the very least a full-forward has to beat his direct opponent and Lynch did that.

The problem (as I see it) with what you're saying is that you're placing value on one kind of full-forward work (the on-the-ball kind -- lead up to a mark in particular) whilst not valuing the other kind -- all the off the ball work a full-forward has to do to place himself in a position to get the "easy" goal.

It's precisely because Lynch did good work off the ball that he was able to take advantage of his opportunities.

You might (and I stress "might") get some mileage out of arguing that the free kick for in the back and the 50 m penalty were "gimmies" but even with those off the table, he still did alright.

I reckon you need to give more credit to Lynch here and, I'm sorry to say, but I actually think Brown and Reiwoldt are pretty fair in their assessment. Both those guys know what sort of work a full-forward has to do to impact a game and it doesn't all involve 30 metre leads, chest marks and successful shots on goal from 45. It's nice when a ff does that sort of thing, but there's also lots to admire in a ff who can get himself alone in the square to take advantage of somebody else doing the hard graft.

Despite all the bitching about umpires & very lucky Lynch, lets look at some facts.

Port were still in front with 4 minutes left. Couldn't close it out.
They had a set shot from 30m to regain the lead with 2.20 left. Couldn't nail it.
They had 18 inside 50's to 8 in the last quarter, yet were outscored. Wasteful & Grimes repelled several attacks.

Also, Port got nothing from Westoff & Motlop, which went a long way to dropping that game.

Despite all the bitching about umpires & very lucky Lynch, lets look at some facts.

Port were still in front with 4 minutes left. Couldn't close it out.
They had a set shot from 30m to regain the lead with 2.20 left. Couldn't nail it.
They had 18 inside 50's to 8 in the last quarter, yet were outscored. Wasteful & Grimes repelled several attacks.

Also, Port got nothing from Westoff & Motlop, which went a long way to dropping that game.
Richmond are a much better team than Port Adelaide and most other teams in the AFL for that matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back