Preview Port Adelaide v Sydney - AFL 2020 Rd 14 - Saturday 29 August 2020 @1:45 PM (AEST) - AO

Who will win?

• Port Adelaide by TONNES

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Port Adelaide by GRAMS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

• Sydney by OUNCES

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Sydney by POUNDS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Stop carrying on like Dixon is the only key forward in the comp who gets held.
We are watching Port. We are talking about Dixon.

Obviously you know that as you are spending the whole time hoping Port loses.

Enjoy the game. I am.

Jokes aside, that was pretty s**t. Gotta reward the tackler. We might be getting the better end of it today, but every second week we are getting reemed by it. A couple seemed unlucky as the umpire clearly wasn't in a good position to see whether there was a handball,but that last 5minutes they just refused to pay HTB.

HTB is so bad this year and has only gotten worse since Clarko had coffee with Gil.
Don't mind admitting that Port should've had some paid against either.

With such low scoring games this year it wouldn't surprise me if the AFL has asked the umpires to pay more free kicks in front of goal.

You see a lot of soft free kicks paid that should be called play on.
I think you are correct about the instruction to the umpires but the Dixon free has to be the softest free paid this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HTB is so bad this year and has only gotten worse since Clarko had coffee with Gil.
Don't mind admitting that Port should've had some paid against either.
This. Every team has had good and bad from it.

The whole season htb has been a joke. No point bringing up individual cases.

Like I said, I'm talking about how that contest is umpired.

Which part of that confuses you?
You seem upset.

How about you focus on the game.

Umpire makes dodgy decision, in other news, water is wet.

For every soft one he's paid I'll list 10 he wasn't.

He is the only one that gets consistently triple teamed. Two players wrestling is different to 1 player with 2 arms around you and a third man up taking an uncontested mark.
There's no rule against triple teaming a key forward.

Dixon is by no means the only key forward who gets manhandled by a defender while the ball is in the air. That's been happening to Josh Kennedy for the best part of a decade. Do you think it started with Dixon because he's finally become a top-liner five minutes ago?

Dixon is by no means the only key forward who gets manhandled by a defender while the ball is in the air. That's been happening to Josh Kennedy for the best part of a decade. Do you think it started with Dixon because he's finally become a top-liner five minutes ago?
Who cares about Kennedy in this thread?

No one is triple teaming him now. He's a lead up fwd, completely different.

5 mins ago. Lol.

Dixon getting triple teamed is something that needs to be addressed by the coaching staff.

For comparison, both Geelong and WCE put a lot of effort and tactics into trying to get either Hawkins or Kennedy one out where they can mark it. If Dixon is getting multiple players going with him it is on Port to have a bit more nous about how to exploit that, which then stops it happening.

Do you spend all day on the internet correcting people? Dixon has been mauled since he got to port. A combination of not being a lead up forward, being the main target, and our poor delivery. No s**t triple teaming is not against the rules. Did you see the part in the same sentence where I said 2 hands around him?

Dixon getting triple teamed is something that needs to be addressed by the coaching staff.
No denying that at all

He'd be even better well coached, but on the flipside he came here because of Hinkley so...

Who cares about Kennedy in this thread?
I'm talking about the way that contest gets umpired. And some of you muppets seem to think a key forward being manhandled is exclusive to Dixon.

No one is triple teaming him now. He's a lead up fwd, completely different.
Who? Kennedy? Yeah, he leads. But he also plays out of the square and finds himself under high balls being manhandled by defenders.

Completely different. What a load of rubbish.

Stop saying stupid things.

5 mins ago. Lol.
This season. Five minutes ago.

How many times has he kicked 50 goals in a season?

Back