2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 18 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

If you think Snelling can be a good afl player you’re a horrible judge. I’ve already laid out why.

I didn't say he would be a good player .. I said that we need to give him 3 - 4 games to see what he can do at the level ..

We were never winning. Cant buy a mark inside 50. Repeat entries for no score. Same issues club wide.

Didn't play well enough to deserve a win, but would have had one if the ump's had given us the frees they gave the dogs. Makoi ran down a dog forward in the first quarter and had him cold HTB, which the umpire decided was in the back, despite Makoi rolling him. Lindsay marked a bit too far out when the wind was against him and was dumped in a second action, not a late challenge. The umpire decided against a 25, which would have given him an easy shot. And Summo was grabbed with the ball well away from him. No free and a lucky kick out of defense saw the ball down the ground for a dogs goal. But the umpires as usual will give themselves a big tick and point to the free kick tally of 20-20.

Didn't play well enough to deserve a win, but would have had one if the ump's had given us the frees they gave the dogs. Makoi ran down a dog forward in the first quarter and had him cold HTB, which the umpire decided was in the back, despite Makoi rolling him. Lindsay marked a bit too far out when the wind was against him and was dumped in a second action, not a late challenge. The umpire decided against a 25, which would have given him an easy shot. And Summo was grabbed with the ball well away from him. No free and a lucky kick out of defense saw the ball down the ground for a dogs goal. But the umpires as usual will give themselves a big tick and point to the free kick tally of 20-20.

I saw every one of those incidents and you are absolutely correct.

Went to Alberton this afternoon for Summo's farewell and left a lot more depressed than I thought I would be.
That team in the prison bars today just woeful and has been all year. B grade players and the umpiring is just flat out cheating in the SANFL.
Summo the last great Magpie walking off Alberton for the last time and not much to look forward to in 2019.

I saw every one of those incidents and you are absolutely correct.
I was at the fence as close as anyone could get to the Summo incident. There was a very slight possibility the umpire may not have seen that Summo was grabbed and assumed(although he obviously doesn't know Summo) that he was trying to get an undeserved free. The same umpire paid a free to Centrals when one of our players in traffic squirted out a quick handball and it was paid as a throw. The umpire could not see whether it was but paid it guessing that there wasn't enough space to handball. Centrals got a goal from that one too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We gave him some afl games a while back.

He hasn’t developed any better than he was as a 18yr old. He is exactly the same as he was then. He doesn’t need afl games to see he hasn’t improved, is too small, slow, disposal is average and struggles against the best sanfl mids.
1 game... 20 possies and 1 goal

It was 15 and 1 goal. But I agree with you, he should be at least tried. God knows we've put enough games into other blokes who'll never make it.

so true

in that game he was rated 5/10 (for his first game) so lets see how he does against other midfields before making a final decision besides he has been playing very well stats wise for the last several games ..

He has been smashed by Fort today...

I was at the game and Billy at least broke even in the ruck with Fort and did more up forward. And this with Ladhams taking maybe 60% time rucking.

Ladhams was murdered by Fort, which got the latters' stats up.

And some on here think Fort should be drafted :rolleyes:

I was at the game and Billy at least broke even in the ruck with Fort and did more up forward. And this with Ladhams taking maybe 60% time rucking.

Ladhams was murdered by Fort, which got the latters' stats up.

And some on here think Fort should be drafted :rolleyes:
Yeah while I think Fort clearly had the better of our boys around the ground, his actual ruck work is ordinary. I can’t see him being drafted.

Fort isn't good enough. Frampton did well against him earlier in the year anyway.

I'd be content with Lycett, or maybe paying Zac Clarke 100k to be a backup if Hayes is still f'd from his knee next year.

It's also SANFL 80's retro round this weekend

7a6664143403377b6bb6552a64ea52da

Where's Centrals?
Surely they're not that cheap...

I watched yesterday's game from a number of different locations, and the thing that stood out immediately was the vast difference in size between the centrals players and most of their Maggie opponents, and it's just not height, some of the blokes wearing the prison bars looked like under nourished school boys, particularly 3 or 4 of the top up players.

It is hard enough watching our reserve's team when it's crap, but For F**** Sake get them out of the real Port Adelaide jumper before they completely destroy its heritage!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back